Scorched Earth Update

Arkaholic

Guest DJRone89
20 minutes ago, Arkaholic said:

I was just wondering if there was any news on the tlc pass for scorched earth. My tribe is thinking about moving there main base to this map but we are waiting on the update. 

The TLC update affects all maps.

Guest DJRone89
18 minutes ago, Arkaholic said:

Ahh ok.. I just can't wait to get back on scorched earth tbh, it's one of my favourite maps.

Scorched won’t get its own TLC unless the creatures are deemed necessary.

I love Scorched Earth map. I believe The Island is really diversified with Snow, jungles and so on. But SE holds a special place in my heart. I am a little sad that no additional exclusive animals were added to SE, I believe originally this was intended but seems they change their mind regarding this topic, sad really as I would love more content for SE specifically. I still appreciate they at least added the Phoenix after the fact, I will take what I can.

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Arkaholic said:

I thought i seen somewhere that scorched was getting a full on map update with tlc pass on dino's and ascension added. I think this map should be updated as it was there first dlc while they were still learning and has seen no major changes that could make the map a lot more enjoyable an get more people wanting to play on it again.

I haven't seen that anywhere.. Are you able to post a source for such info? I do not think this is accurate, at least not currently based off what has been stated.. maybe one day..

On February 22, 2018 at 8:08 AM, Martellus said:

I love Scorched Earth map. I believe The Island is really diversified with Snow, jungles and so on. But SE holds a special place in my heart. I am a little sad that no additional exclusive animals were added to SE, I believe originally this was intended but seems they change their mind regarding this topic, sad really as I would love more content for SE specifically. I still appreciate they at least added the Phoenix after the fact, I will take what I can.

Cheers!

SE definitely needs updated, theres a few bad bugs that really need fixed(What a joke, theres game breaking bugs on all the maps lol).  I find SE gets boring really quick for some reason, probably because theres nothing new as u progress.  U hav the ocean on other maps and tek teir and ascension on the island.  SE is kinda just a race to wyverns and afterwards its like, "u beat the map, good job ".  I would very much like to see this map overhauled.

5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

SE definitely needs updated, theres a few bad bugs that really need fixed(What a joke, theres game breaking bugs on all the maps lol).  I find SE gets boring really quick for some reason, probably because theres nothing new as u progress.  U hav the ocean on other maps and tek teir and ascension on the island.  SE is kinda just a race to wyverns and afterwards its like, "u beat the map, good job ".  I would very much like to see this map overhauled.

Well, one the of the things I like about the map is exactly not having an ocean. Most maps have it, so its refreshing for me. The Island, The Center, Ragnarok have oceans and aberration has large bodies of "water". In SE I also like a lot the open desert portions. So Scorched Earth has an unique thing going for it, which makes it special for me. 

Granted, I am totally on board with you that parts of the map could be revisited to make things a little more interesting, and definitely needs a proper Ascension and more engrams appropriate to the theme, along additional creatures, it would be great.  I know SE Ascension is coming, the devs have confirmed as much. Maybe they will toss a few additional things. 

Now, you did mention the rush for the wyverns, and that is mainly in PvP. Since I took a break from playing PvP, Ark became so much more fun for me, I can actually progress thru the game and have some fun on the maps in general. Scorched Earth brings a lot of interesting challenges, especially for fresh characters. Eventually we will run into PvP on my server, it happens from time to time, but for now, I am enjoying progress for what it is.

Lets hope they give some more love to SE soon!

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Martellus said:

Well, one the of the things I like about the map is exactly not having an ocean. Most maps have it, so its refreshing for me. The Island, The Center, Ragnarok have oceans and aberration has large bodies of "water". In SE I also like a lot the open desert portions. So Scorched Earth has an unique thing going for it, which makes it special for me. 

Granted, I am totally on board with you that parts of the map could be revisited to make things a little more interesting, and definitely needs a proper Ascension and more engrams appropriate to the theme, along additional creatures, it would be great.  I know SE Ascension is coming, the devs have confirmed as much. Maybe they will toss a few additional things. 

Now, you did mention the rush for the wyverns, and that is mainly in PvP. Since I took a break from playing PvP, Ark became so much more fun for me, I can actually progress thru the game and have some fun on the maps in general. Scorched Earth brings a lot of interesting challenges, especially for fresh characters. Eventually we will run into PvP on my server, it happens from time to time, but for now, I am enjoying progress for what it is.

Lets hope they give some more love to SE soon!

Cheers!

Indeed the desert is unique, but what i was referring to was how you have a whole new world almost as soon as you hit scuba gear.  Its very refreshing late game.  As for the wyvern race, i play singleplayer so no pvp feelings effecting me.  Since u dont have most tek available and no ascension the only long term goal i have on SE is the race to the wyvern, plus you absolutely need your wyvern asap because theres no quetz.  Problem is as soon as i tame a few wyverns my goal is met and im like "...Now what?"  thus the you beat the map feeling.  It be awesome to have new items and dinos for SE, it would keep me busy longer lol

And with the release of Ragnarok, the 'race to the wyverns' is less critical on SE.  In fact, the scar on Rag is easier to hunt eggs on than on SE, in my opinion.  Without an overhaul, this DLC is pretty dead.  Which is sad... the dessert motif without massive bodies of water is refreshing, as someone else pointed out. 

Overall this map just feels unfinished.  Kibble tree not complete (Moth kibble tames???), dinos that should have special abilities that don't.  Dinos that should have secondary stats (Water Storage for Morellatops anyone?)  that don't have those stats.   There is so much potential that I do hope it get the attention it deserves to polish its rough edges. 

13 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Indeed the desert is unique, but what i was referring to was how you have a whole new world almost as soon as you hit scuba gear.  Its very refreshing late game.  As for the wyvern race, i play singleplayer so no pvp feelings effecting me.  Since u dont have most tek available and no ascension the only long term goal i have on SE is the race to the wyvern, plus you absolutely need your wyvern asap because theres no quetz.  Problem is as soon as i tame a few wyverns my goal is met and im like "...Now what?"  thus the you beat the map feeling.  It be awesome to have new items and dinos for SE, it would keep me busy longer lol

I see what you mean, I can totally agree with that. :D 

Honestly I have nothing more to add, the scuba gear is absolutely another level of experience in a map like the Island, not to mention the amount of Tek stuff to play around with at late game is also incredibly fun too. Yes, I do hope SE gets a treatment on those fronts.

Cheers!  

9 hours ago, Martellus said:

I see what you mean, I can totally agree with that. :D 

Honestly I have nothing more to add, the scuba gear is absolutely another level of experience in a map like the Island, not to mention the amount of Tek stuff to play around with at late game is also incredibly fun too. Yes, I do hope SE gets a treatment on those fronts.

Cheers!  

Ive said in another thread that all the maps should have access to the 3 basic bosses and ascension.  These things r important base things in the games experience and are necessary.  I dont mind rag having exclusive rights to the tek sword or shield or SE only having the solo manticore.  But every map, including PG arks should have the basics

• 2 weeks later...

Archived