Aberration or scorched earth?

Natcrombie

While I agree with everybody else about getting the scorched earth dinos for free with Ragnorok, I still think the actual scorched earth map is the best designed map WC has made.  Scorched Earth has a smaller imprinting kibble list making breeding easier in my opinion.  The scorched earth dungeons are much easier, yet still fun.  I think scorched Earth is a fun map to play and it is not nearly as frustrating as Aberration, which is frustratingly hard to start on.  Wyverns are much easier to get than Rock drakes and Scorched Earth doesn't have any ravagers that just bleed spam you.

Guest DJRone89

Just get the season pass and play both. Scorched Earth is a really fun map, I just felt Aberration had a little more depth in content.

Both have a hard survival early game learning curve though. These extra mechanics really bred some life into the game and certainly increased my enjoyment.

28 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Just get the season pass and play both. Scorched Earth is a really fun map, I just felt Aberration had a little more depth in content.

Both have a hard survival early game learning curve though. These extra mechanics really bred some life into the game and certainly increased my enjoyment.

At least you dont get killed during the spawning animation anymore, makes it easier to actually start out on both these maps now

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

At least you dont get killed during the spawning animation anymore, makes it easier to actually start out on both these maps now

Wakes up, boulder to the face. Killed by Rock Elemental.

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

I was thinking about doing this but at the moment I can’t afford the season pass which is really sucky but I’m over it if you are haha

6 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Aberration, simply because you can get all scorched earth content minus the phoenix from ragnarok, which is free.

Aberration has its own unique stuff, however is harder to play.

See this was my thought last night when I was looking at both I’m currently playing ragnarok so there’s no point in me getting SE if I’m wanting a change and something fresh I think I’m going to have to invest in aberration 

thanks for all your inputs yous have made my decision easy 

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, Natcrombie said:

I was thinking about doing this but at the moment I can’t afford the season pass which is really sucky but I’m over it if you are haha

See this was my thought last night when I was looking at both I’m currently playing ragnarok so there’s no point in me getting SE if I’m wanting a change and something fresh I think I’m going to have to invest in aberration 

thanks for all your inputs yous have made my decision easy 

Get Aberration for now, but I’d still recommend playing SE in the future as the map is much better than the assets used on Ragnarok.

Ragnarok lags harder then any other map I have noticed though it's definitely not my internet as I don't have problems with any other map.

This stops me enjoying the map because the lag spikes and rubberbanding really get on my nerves.

Both are fun maps I would get the season pass to be honest as it's not much more then buying a single map ?

18 minutes ago, DoughBoy93 said:

Ragnarok lags harder then any other map I have noticed though it's definitely not my internet as I don't have problems with any other map.

This stops me enjoying the map because the lag spikes and rubberbanding really get on my nerves.

Both are fun maps I would get the season pass to be honest as it's not much more then buying a single map ?

Good point. This is also true for aberration.

Scorched on the other hand is the map with the best performance, by far.

Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Good point. This is also true for aberration.

Scorched on the other hand is the map with the best performance, by far.

Seems to also have the least corruptible files as my player dedicated server save was fine unlike all the other maps.

See.... I consider aberration's difficulty to be less than scorched earth.  It's a situation where, sure, the dinos are trying to kill you a bit more, but the map itself is much less dangerous.  Earthquakes are an annoyance, and radiation is just end-game content.  On scorched earth, though, until you have a decent structure, the elements are quite literally deadly.  My aberration primary character has 0 fortitude levels, because it's simply not necessary.   My base stays a comfortable 68 deg F all day long.  (I'm just outside the rad zone on the crystalline lake.)  On scorched earth, fortitude is almost a necessity, especially early on.  Once you learn how to handle all the dino threats properly on aberration, they're quite trivial, but getting caught out in a dust storm on scorched can get you and w/e dino you're on killed pretty easily.

Archived