Jellyfish=Too many water dinos can't be used

Migol

16 hours ago, Varanus8 said:

I don't think they are too overpowering because of how slow they are but I think their whole movement and aggro system is weird. Real jellies can't swim sideways and the definitely can't chase down humans, or anything for that matter. Their position should randomly rotate in every direction and they should only be able to swim in one direction. Also I don't think they should actively chase players and tames. 

yeah, that's basically what I said.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SpecTimsauru5 said:

the sad sad truth, who's idea was it to let a 50-60ft monster get paralyzed by a 3ft squishy!?

The developers. They also made the Kentro, btw. They're pathetically small creatures that are a catastrophic weakness to some of the most powerful creatures in the game. Certain powerful dinos can kill pretty much every creature in the game without much of a flinch. The mosa is one of those creatures...so if you're on one cruising around crushing it, maybe just keep an eye out for the bright white glowy creature that is essentially your mosa's one major weakness. 

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, davidcostarica said:

i had no problem when jelly came out, loved mosa riding in the ocean, had a full vault of black pearls, BUT my problem is with eels, very annoyed by those ones, havent explored the ocean in months.

The eels has been nerfed and are no longer dismounting you. They are as easy to deal with than Dilos on the beach now. :P

On 21/02/2018 at 11:19 PM, Varanus8 said:

I don't think they are too overpowering because of how slow they are but I think their whole movement and aggro system is weird. Real jellies can't swim sideways and the definitely can't chase down humans, or anything for that matter. Their position should randomly rotate in every direction and they should only be able to swim in one direction. Also I don't think they should actively chase players and tames. 

http://www.realmonstrosities.com/2014/06/box-jellyfish.html

Dealing in absolutes, never a good idea 

On 2/21/2018 at 8:58 PM, LouSpowells said:

I'll take a fast frog and an ascendant crossbow over most water animal without question. No matter what I use though (including Mosas) jellyfish just aren't much of a problem. Even if one plugs a tame, a few arrows kills them pretty quick. A decent tame can tank that kind of damage for a while. The only time they can really screw you is if you're fighting off a mosa/tuso/alpha and accidentally swim into one. Then it's pretty much GG. 

Sounds like you've never done the sea caves before. You'll be fighting a Mosasaur (can even be a Lvl 400 Alpha) in there, coast is clear, nothing else is around you, when suddenly, SURPRISE! a group of Jellyfish phase through a wall right next to you, and before you can even react, they're already on you.

31 minutes ago, Daedros said:

Sounds like you've never done the sea caves before. You'll be fighting a Mosasaur (can even be a Lvl 400 Alpha) in there, coast is clear, nothing else is around you, when suddenly, SURPRISE! a group of Jellyfish phase through a wall right next to you, and before you can even react, they're already on you.

Sounds like you have a lot more trouble with the caverns of lost hope than I do. I recommend not swimming your big stuff into an uncleared area before using small and fast mount first to swim in and aggro any nearby creatures, then heading back to your bigger creatures to get the job done. 

It's best when you have more than one person to have a small mount in the rear, have one person swim in, avoid danger, and swim out. At that point most or all of the stuff you can't see will emerge.

On 22/02/2018 at 9:36 AM, LouSpowells said:

Yeah! Those stupid devs should at least make them easier to see and avoid. Like, maybe make them glowing white in an abyss of shadows so that players can actually see and avoid them. Then they should make them so slow that when someone dies to them it's like watching that scene in Austin Powers where a guy lies there screaming for half a minute while a steam roller slowly inches forward and crushes him. What the devs really need to do is make them easily kill-able with a few arrows from a crossbow. If they do that, the oceans will be a lot safer.

QFT

On 22.02.2018 at 1:36 AM, LouSpowells said:

Yeah! Those stupid devs should at least make them easier to see and avoid. Like, maybe make them glowing white in an abyss of shadows so that players can actually see and avoid them. Then they should make them so slow that when someone dies to them it's like watching that scene in Austin Powers where a guy lies there screaming for half a minute while a steam roller slowly inches forward and crushes him. What the devs really need to do is make them easily kill-able with a few arrows from a crossbow. If they do that, the oceans will be a lot safer.

Oh wait, they are already like this O.o

Jellyfish have nothing on what the Eels used to be.  They literally made every water dino except the Basil useless.   While the eels are still a bit annoying, they're easily managed.  A properly placed Eel pack with the right backup can still get your squid / mosa killed but you counter it easily - as it should be.

Jellys - same deal.  Little bit of fortitude and a little bit of carefulness and you're set.    I think they're just fine as they are. 

-K 

On 2/22/2018 at 8:47 PM, Palenor said:

Jellyfish=Can not run around in the water blindly and carelessly. Kind of like it is on the land and always has been.

But since it is in the water and not land it is broken? Do not follow the logic path here.

Jellies are necessary for sure, if not them, something else would be needed.

but they actively chase players and tames... jellies don't do that in real life.

22 minutes ago, Palenor said:

So we want to start talking about what is real and not real in the game?

I respect that this game has some elements that don't make sense (dinosaurs and mythical creatures), but in my opinion if they were trying to make them 'underwater mines' then they could have made them dark blue with the red tint, like in the dossier.

Then they could make them passive until attacked, but even if you just bump into one you get stung lose half health.

Or alternatively just have a really large attack radius but passive until aproached directly.

On February 22, 2018 at 11:14 AM, Xenithar said:

They already nerfed the tuso. I have one which tamed with 26.6k health. After a recent patch it is down to 21k. Next it will likely become weaker than a jellyfish.

You do realize that there are chambers BEHIND the walls where these things spawn, right? This is how caves work. I have use ghost mode to explore behind the walls where they come out. Sometimes there are LOADS of enemies in rooms behind those one-way walls, sometimes only a few. Still, this is what makes the caves challenging. You couldn't put that many mobs in one spot IN the cave without completely blocking the way. This isn't WoW.

Thing is tho once they come out they mob u and can block the way.  Anything able 2 spell instant doom needs to hav a strong counter to balance it.  Any game from a decent experienced studio that has anything able to lock u to death or flat out 1hk u always has a big draw back to take advantage of and they nvr NVR EVER spawn behind the wall where they can ninja ur butt so all u can do is put ur head between ur legs and kiss ur butt goodbye.  Dragons dogma, death has an obvious wind up, huge opening and easily avoidable, his atk is a 1hk.  Gears of war, beserker, not exactly sneaking up on u...  FFX, anything wit a 1hk has an obvious work around and after the 1st time u fight it, uk how 2 avoid it so it dnt happen.  The prob wit trying to save ur tame is 4 most big tames the jelly clips inside ur tame so u cnt reach it.  The challenge of caves besides impossibly high lvl mobs wud b the presence of the jelly in general.  Wit most water tames taking a kilo just to turn around it wudnt b hard 2 swim into a non aggressive flesh seeking jelly wen fighting mobs.  They shud nvr b allowed 2 spawn behind the walls thn sneak up on u.  The hole secret spawn thing i think is a rather evil satanic thing to implement in any game.  I dnt mind stealthy enemies or strategy but to flat out break logic in a way designed to completely screw a person over is pretty sick.  The water caves r challengeing enough without a ninja jelly or centipedes that will break ur armor in no time hidden in areas that shudnt exist logically in above water caves.

I think that most of the players that think the Jellies are fine don't go into the Caverns at all. Nothing is worse than when you are fighting half a dozen sharks or so in the cavern wearing them down when a single jellie fish comes from out of the wall and causes you a dismount followed by death. All you can hope for is too find your dino alive by the time you get back into the Cavern. 

I learned a neat trick about rendering I got about 140% movement speed no oxy levels and if i keep flippers on and when my mosa gets hit by jelly fish i whistle him to passive and follow and swim away once he gets out of render range the jellies aggro stops and he breaks away and swims towards me works everytime. He loses a couple k of hp but if you're not a moron then you're fine.

Jellyfish are the most annoying underwater creature other than the recent bugged Tusos who don't let go of your water tames until it's dead. They should just either reduce the amount of jellyfish or nerf them hard. I cant express how many times i've accidentally ventured into a group of them and got killed lol.  

Archived