Legacy server kill list

AnnabelTamara

3 hours ago, AnnabelTamara said:

reading all the kill list which will take time and be boring

if you know numbers/names of the servers you play on you can just open the page with kill list, press F3 (or Ctrl+F) in your browser and type your server name. if nothing is found - that server is safe to play.

but notification on joining a server and another one once in a hour  would be nice addition since not all players read news on this forum/twitter/etc

6 minutes ago, [EG] Comdriver W31 said:

if you know numbers/names of the servers you play on you can just open the page with kill list, press F3 (or Ctrl+F) in your browser and type your server name. if nothing is found - that server is safe to play.

but notification on joining a server and another one once in a hour  would be nice addition since not all players read news on this forum/twitter/etc

Yeah that’s a good idea. Notification in server as people might not know

I was one of those people who didn't know and joined a legacy server. Had I known before hand, I'd of rerolled onto another before having spent a month. 

Common sense disctates that they should have notifications, but I'm going to assume that they'd otherwise prefer people to accidentally play on legacy, especially new players who don't know what playing on legacy entails, to relieve the newly crowded official clusters of more players perhaps. Something along this line is the truth. 

On 21/02/2018 at 3:27 PM, RawOrange said:

I was one of those people who didn't know and joined a legacy server. Had I known before hand, I'd of rerolled onto another before having spent a month. 

Common sense disctates that they should have notifications, but I'm going to assume that they'd otherwise prefer people to accidentally play on legacy, especially new players who don't know what playing on legacy entails, to relieve the newly crowded official clusters of more players perhaps. Something along this line is the truth. 

Me and my small tribe too. We joined The-EU-Official-264 on nitrado PVE server after losing everything on a PVP server and spent a long time building things up. It was only because someone hosting a non-official server posted a message in chat trying to entice people to their server that made me check the forum. 

Its a shame really, the 264 server regularly topped the legacy server list with a 5-10 player base on weekdays and 12 to 20 on weekends, plus isn't plagued as much by banding and the large number of tribes on the small amount of official non-legacy PVE servers who build over resources and mark out potential building areas with huge amounts of pillars to stop others from build there.

We were considering moving everything to another "non-delete" legacy server, but being as I think they plan on removing all of them in the future there is not much point and after the amount of work put in, none of us have the time or patience to start again on a hoarded official non-legacy server.

In case of this happening again, I think they should put Legacy in the server name so people know that there is a chance it will be deleted in the future. But I think that's it for me wasting my time in some virtual vicious cycle of building stuff up to lose it again when I could spend it better exploring the real world.

Archived