The Island - Dino Levels

Dylan1602

1 hour ago, HoganRyan01 said:

The Island is the noob map. It's meant to be the easiest map of them all.

It is also the only map that runs reasonably smoothly with the least amount of bugs... My entire tribe left rag because it was too laggy and The Center has too many bugs, exploits on it. And you can't transfer anything to ab.

6 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

The Island is the noob map. It's meant to be the easiest map of them all.

I disagree, it's not the easiest at all. Well except for maybe the first 30 levels. But let's face it if you have played on the Island when you began and can handle to "higher" level dinos when you start on other maps.

As each mod map has been released they are the EASY maps, not the island. The Center, Ragnorok are easier than Scorched or The Island. THey are the definition of easy mode.

Massive resources bunched up all over the place, you can harvest clay directly from ground, flowers and even vegetables. you name it, EASY to do.

High-level Dinos EVERYWHERE with increased level stats than any other map, EASY. Less taming needed, less breeding needed for higher stats. EASY MODE again.

As I always say, Center/Ragnorok =

EasygoingWarmheartedAnaconda-max-1mb.gif

58 minutes ago, Palenor said:

I disagree, it's not the easiest at all. Well except for maybe the first 30 levels. But let's face it if you have played on the Island when you began and can handle to "higher" level dinos when you start on other maps.

As each mod map has been released they are the EASY maps, not the island. The Center, Ragnorok are easier than Scorched or The Island. THey are the definition of easy mode.

Massive resources bunched up all over the place, you can harvest clay directly from ground, flowers and even vegetables. you name it, EASY to do.

High-level Dinos EVERYWHERE with increased level stats than any other map, EASY. Less taming needed, less breeding needed for higher stats. EASY MODE again.

Easy.gif

I see your logic but I disagree with the definition of easy you are using.

I had no problem accessing/getting resources on the island compared to any other map. The only map that was "easy" to get resources on was the Center map. I agree they are literally everywhere in high density. I have played all the maps now to some detail with Aberration being the one with the least time but Ragnarok is not like the Center. Resources are more available but not in the density of Center.

With higher level dinos yes it can be convenient to find them and save time but that doesn't make it easier. I think you may be interchanging convenience and easy and to some maybe they are interchangeable but I don't think that way personally. I have at most ever seen one giga on the island at a time and it's level was under 100. Right now on my Ragnarok map I know of at least three gigas and only one of them is under 100 at level 95. One of them I stumbled across on accident and almost died to. With all the dinos being higher level I have to be more mindful of what I tame to keep it competitive and can't just wander around without being prepared. On the island I barely had to worry about anything when I went out. 

So I agree with what you're saying if you changed easy to convenient but as it is with the word easy I strongly disagree.

36 minutes ago, Palenor said:

EasygoingWarmheartedAnaconda-max-1mb.gif

I totally agree with this. Just one thing that makes the Island harder than the other 2 maps, cementing paste. On Rag/Center I can get thousands of CP in no time due to the beaver dam spawn, where on the Island dams are not as plentiful giving the frog more use.

Like any map. They're hard till you get some tames. The island is organised when it comes to spawns. You know where it's safe and how to move around. Rag on the other had isn't like that at all. Viking bay is an "easy" spawn area. What's easy about vultures, alpha/regular raptors/rex, and sabres among others spawning on the beach? Spawns are far more chaotic which is great! Resources are everywhere yes but by no means is rag the gravy train. 

My base is near a large amount of metal, beaver dams, and a bit of obsidian. To get pearls , crystals and other sources of metal I have to traverse asinine topography littered with raptors and carnos let alone other players. It's not easy by any means....unless mounted or flying. I can survive on foot on the island 10x longer than rag. To each their own though.

Least there's resources AVAILABLE for the rest of us lol

51 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

I see your logic but I disagree with the definition of easy you are using.

I had no problem accessing/getting resources on the island compared to any other map. The only map that was "easy" to get resources on was the Center map. I agree they are literally everywhere in high density. I have played all the maps now to some detail with Aberration being the one with the least time but Ragnarok is not like the Center. Resources are more available but not in the density of Center.

With higher level dinos yes it can be convenient to find them and save time but that doesn't make it easier. I think you may be interchanging convenience and easy and to some maybe they are interchangeable but I don't think that way personally. I have at most ever seen one giga on the island at a time and it's level was under 100. Right now on my Ragnarok map I know of at least three gigas and only one of them is under 100 at level 95. One of them I stumbled across on accident and almost died to. With all the dinos being higher level I have to be more mindful of what I tame to keep it competitive and can't just wander around without being prepared. On the island I barely had to worry about anything when I went out. 

So I agree with what you're saying if you changed easy to convenient but as it is with the word easy I strongly disagree.

Show me the spot on The Island where you can stack cap an angler and have literally zero wild dinos bother you?  that exists on Rag in Viking bay.  Show me the spot on The Island where you have enough metal to fill 6 forges and its all in render distance.  That exists on Rag next to Viking bay and also on the floating island Center.  Tell me where I can go on The Island to farm 20-30 beaver dams, all within 2-3 render distances?  That exists on Center floating island and less so throughout the map and exists near Viking bay on Rag.  Show me on The Island where I can consistently find 3-6 sheep spawning in massive packs for on demand mutton farming.  Exists in highlands on Rag, probably on Center somewhere.  Where on The Island can I farm 4,000 weight worth of crystal from 2 or 3 spawn locations?  Carnivorous Caverns on Rag.

How many deep sea loot crates are active at one time on The Island?  Answer is 2.  On Rag?  It's more than 6.  Can you build in a massive underwater bubble on The Island?  You can on Center.  Where on The Island can I farm forges upon forges full of charcoal without having to burn a single piece of wood?  Can do that on Rag and The Center.  In the time it takes you to burn 1 forge of wood, I will have harvested, HARVESTED, 6. 

58 minutes ago, Sn1per0 said:

I totally agree with this. Just one thing that makes the Island harder than the other 2 maps, cementing paste. On Rag/Center I can get thousands of CP in no time due to the beaver dam spawn, where on the Island dams are not as plentiful giving the frog more use.

Get yourself a ghillie suit and a scuba suit for the swamp cave. Grab a frog and a dimo. Go in the swamp cave and use a primitive crossbow to shoot one meganura. It and all it's buddies will swarm you and your frog. Enjoy your thousands of paste. The Island is BY FAR the easiest map to get paste...yes, even compared to the beaver sanctuary on Ragnarok.

6 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Show me the spot on The Island where you can stack cap an angler and have literally zero wild dinos bother you?  that exists on Rag in Viking bay.  Show me the spot on The Island where you have enough metal to fill 6 forges and its all in render distance.  That exists on Rag next to Viking bay and also on the floating island Center.  Tell me where I can go on The Island to farm 20-30 beaver dams, all within 2-3 render distances?  That exists on Center floating island and less so throughout the map and exists near Viking bay on Rag.  Show me on The Island where I can consistently find 3-6 sheep spawning in massive packs for on demand mutton farming.  Exists in highlands on Rag, probably on Center somewhere.  Where on The Island can I farm 4,000 weight worth of crystal from 2 or 3 spawn locations?  Carnivorous Caverns on Rag.

How many deep sea loot crates are active at one time on The Island?  Answer is 2.  On Rag?  It's more than 6.  Can you build in a massive underwater bubble on The Island?  You can on Center.  Where on The Island can I farm forges upon forges full of charcoal without having to burn a single piece of wood?  Can do that on Rag and The Center.  In the time it takes you to burn 1 forge of wood, I will have harvested, HARVESTED, 6. 

1. Wow please calm down turbo.

2. Anyone ever taught you the word "please"? It'll get you far in life. 

3. Clearly you don't agree with me but based on what you're saying you are one of the people I was talking about who confuse "easy" with "convenient". It's fine if you want to switch those words around, I just believe in using words accurately. Just because you can't get to stuff quickly doesn't make it difficult.

Anglers have not once caused me any issues on the island. Maybe you have had some issues and that is your experience, I am sorry they are such a sore point for you. I have easily filled 10 forges on the island but I didn't have a meltdown/heart attack when I had to go and get it. See what I did there.. "EASILY" filled 10 forges because it didn't require any effort. It just took TIME. They are different. I don't rely on beaver dams to get cementing paste so I haven't had that issue on any map. I use them but if I need it badly I'll make it from a chem bench. But I do admit they are the rarest to my knowledge on the island. But further proving my point that the island isn't convenient. ... everything you say proves my point that the island ISN'T convenient. And I really love your assumption that it must be easy to get packs of ovis on the center that made me chuckle. There is no need to be so desperate to prove your point you just start grasping.. At the end of the day the island isn't harder. PERIOD. You don't need to try to convince me that it's more time consuming to do/accomplish things on the island. It's grindy yes, but it isn't hard. It's very easy to play the island map. 

21 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Get yourself a ghillie suit and a scuba suit for the swamp cave. Grab a frog and a dimo. Go in the swamp cave and use a primitive crossbow to shoot one meganura. It and all it's buddies will swarm you and your frog. Enjoy your thousands of paste. The Island is BY FAR the easiest map to get paste...yes, even compared to the beaver sanctuary on Ragnarok.

But it's not convenient so it's labeled as hard as per the popular consus I'm afraid and therefore doesn't count. 

I've talked about this subject with my tribemates before, and we're all of the mind that each map has a specific niche. 

On the Center, you have high level dinos and ample resources 

Ragnarok also offers high level dinos and space to build

Scorched and Abberation offer challenging survival. 

The Island though? That was hard for us to figure out. In the end, we figure it represents 'Ark Classic' all the things for progression and boss fights. It's the starter area, where the tutorial takes place

57 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

But it's not convenient so it's labeled as hard as per the popular consus I'm afraid and therefore doesn't count. 

5-ish minutes with a frog in the cave has a better collection rate than any other method, and it's vastly more convenient than flying around the map burgling beavers. But you're correct. The popular consensus won't care about having a round trip ticket to Pasteville because the swamp cave is apparently very difficult. Super hard. Srs bzns. As demonstrated effectively in this thread, the popular consensus loves to use the observer effect as reason to suggest the developers make balance changes. 

54 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

Time for a gentle nudge to please steer this thread somewhere back into the general vicinity of the original topic.

That ship sailed in the first 3 posts. :P

On 21.2.2018 at 12:31 PM, Dylan1602 said:

Can The Island get some loving. The dino levels on there are insanely low, finding anything above level 120 is nothing short of a rare find no matter what it is. I was wondering if there is a way to turn up the average levels of the dinos across the map to match the likes of Ragnarok and Aberration?

Just take a look on your server settings

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Difficulty

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, SirPeter said:

1. Wow please calm down turbo.

2. Anyone ever taught you the word "please"? It'll get you far in life. 

3. Clearly you don't agree with me but based on what you're saying you are one of the people I was talking about who confuse "easy" with "convenient". It's fine if you want to switch those words around, I just believe in using words accurately. Just because you can't get to stuff quickly doesn't make it difficult.

Anglers have not once caused me any issues on the island. Maybe you have had some issues and that is your experience, I am sorry they are such a sore point for you. I have easily filled 10 forges on the island but I didn't have a meltdown/heart attack when I had to go and get it. See what I did there.. "EASILY" filled 10 forges because it didn't require any effort. It just took TIME. They are different. I don't rely on beaver dams to get cementing paste so I haven't had that issue on any map. I use them but if I need it badly I'll make it from a chem bench. But I do admit they are the rarest to my knowledge on the island. But further proving my point that the island isn't convenient. ... everything you say proves my point that the island ISN'T convenient. And I really love your assumption that it must be easy to get packs of ovis on the center that made me chuckle. There is no need to be so desperate to prove your point you just start grasping.. At the end of the day the island isn't harder. PERIOD. You don't need to try to convince me that it's more time consuming to do/accomplish things on the island. It's grindy yes, but it isn't hard. It's very easy to play the island map. 

Look man... I love the Island.  When I started over on release, I did so on an Island server.  I bashed everyone saying Rag was the way to go.  I know the Island like the back of my hand and the key to success on the Island is knowing where to find all the resources and how best to harvest them.  I am a master at that.  When the eventual happened and some mega decided it was time to roll over the server, we moved to our friend's rag server.  I was absolutely floored at how much easier it was to amass resources and to find tames and to get supply drops.  Floored.

You can accomplish a lot on the Island once you know how to do it, but on Rag it's just a LOT easier.  20 minutes on my angler in Viking bay netted me as much pearls as an hour or more on my angler on the Island would have netted me... and I didn't have to dodge any wilds.  Oil is 1000% easier on Rag thanks to the oil derricks.  I had a hard time finding level 5-15 kibble farm tames on Rag since everything I came across was level 100+.  Island it was exactly the opposite.  On Island I'd need to have timers set for when beaver dams would spawn so I could go to the 6 spawn points and snipe the 2 or 3 dams for a couple thousand CP.  Every 20 minutes on Rag I can go out and grab 7-8k CP.  On Island, I would need to time all my farming to amass large quantities... weaving in metal runs with crystal runs, jumping over to pearls, hopping off my angler to mine the underwater oil etc.

If you're starting out, however, Rag will be a huge pain.   Due to lag, 10 minutes spent on Rag is like 2 minutes spent on Island.  The only way to really do this great farming on rag is on off-peak times, whereas Island is essentially lag free any time.  It's a bit of a trade-off.  This lag also creates a huge time dilation issue on Rag for breeding.  The 8 hour imprint timer on rag is really more like a 10 hour imprint timer thanks to all the lag, rollbacks and snap backs.

that being said, it's REALLY hard for someone maining Island to compete against a tribe maining rag... the resources and dino availability on rag just completely overshadows Island... plus griffins and wyverns.

29 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Look man... I love the Island.  When I started over on release, I did so on an Island server.  I bashed everyone saying Rag was the way to go.  I know the Island like the back of my hand and the key to success on the Island is knowing where to find all the resources and how best to harvest them.  I am a master at that.  When the eventual happened and some mega decided it was time to roll over the server, we moved to our friend's rag server.  I was absolutely floored at how much easier it was to amass resources and to find tames and to get supply drops.  Floored.

You can accomplish a lot on the Island once you know how to do it, but on Rag it's just a LOT easier.  20 minutes on my angler in Viking bay netted me as much pearls as an hour or more on my angler on the Island would have netted me... and I didn't have to dodge any wilds.  Oil is 1000% easier on Rag thanks to the oil derricks.  I had a hard time finding level 5-15 kibble farm tames on Rag since everything I came across was level 100+.  Island it was exactly the opposite.  On Island I'd need to have timers set for when beaver dams would spawn so I could go to the 6 spawn points and snipe the 2 or 3 dams for a couple thousand CP.  Every 20 minutes on Rag I can go out and grab 7-8k CP.  On Island, I would need to time all my farming to amass large quantities... weaving in metal runs with crystal runs, jumping over to pearls, hopping off my angler to mine the underwater oil etc.

If you're starting out, however, Rag will be a huge pain.   Due to lag, 10 minutes spent on Rag is like 2 minutes spent on Island.  The only way to really do this great farming on rag is on off-peak times, whereas Island is essentially lag free any time.  It's a bit of a trade-off.  This lag also creates a huge time dilation issue on Rag for breeding.  The 8 hour imprint timer on rag is really more like a 10 hour imprint timer thanks to all the lag, rollbacks and snap backs.

that being said, it's REALLY hard for someone maining Island to compete against a tribe maining rag... the resources and dino availability on rag just completely overshadows Island... plus griffins and wyverns.

I get it. I have been agreeing with this line of thought entire time. My point is really a simple one and absolutely not worth anyone getting upset over as it's just my opinion on being precise with the specific word I use since to me they are very different by definition and rarely interchangeable. Neither map (TO ME) is hard. Island = more time to accomplish many of the same tasks on some other maps. I don't call that harder I just call it more time consuming. Does that make sense? I really suck at communication sometimes but I do try really hard to be very specific as it is easier for people to argue/debate over a point they agree on than one may think. As above for an example.

I prefer Rag because I don't have time to lose. I have a newborn, a two yr old, and a wife all very needy and as the only man in the house they all feel the need to compete for attention which equals, and I kid you not, me holding the newborn while sitting in my game chair, two yr old hugging my leg begging me to hold her instead of the newborn and my wife sitting in the room trying to tell me about some stupid sale somewhere or one of her dumb friends is having a baby or who knows what while I am trying to play this game. And before anyone thinks I don't pay attention to them BS! They get attention 24/7 I do everything I can to spend individual time with them all and as a group. This is after all that. I once asked my wife about just getting to chill by myself and she laughed at me.. seriously. I have helped clean the house and sometimes I have either assisted in or completely made dinner for the family too. I am an introvert who would live on an island by myself and be completely okay. Seriously. Being followed around and constantly isn't fun for me. I have a small house demanding career and anxiety prone absolutely terrifying hispanic possibly try to kill me in my sleep if she goes off the deep end far enough wife. So yea if I get to control how long it takes me to do something you bet your butt I am gonna choose the faster of the two. Plus I play on single player so I don't have lag issues. My playing consists of pausing ever 1-15 min to put a fire out or handle something or pick up a mess or calm someone down etc. I dream of the day my wife goes back to work and the kids are old enough to entertain each other....

On 2/23/2018 at 7:12 AM, Lihaliemikuutio said:

Just take a look on your server settings

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Difficulty

I'm on an official server. I've got all my breeding lines set up and I'm an active trader but sometimes it would just be nice to tranq something out worth taming you know? I've been back on The Island for about a month know, packed up the whole base from Lagnarok with all our dinos and moved everything. I'm not sure why this turned into a resource debate, I just want to see a decent level dino sometimes.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Dylan1602 said:

I'm on an official server. I've got all my breeding lines set up and I'm an active trader but sometimes it would just be nice to tranq something out worth taming you know? I've been back on The Island for about a month know, packed up the whole base from Lagnarok with all our dinos and moved everything. I'm not sure why this turned into a resource debate, I just want to see a decent level dino sometimes.

All official maps have an even spread of wild levels so the only way around it is to kill everything until a higher level spawns.

On my private cluster our main server is on Ragnarok, while I rotate our second server through the other maps. The next map will be held on The Island and I’m already preparing creatures for transfer because of the discrepancy of high levels.

On 2018. 02. 21. at 10:15 PM, LouSpowells said:

And you will die in there with your frog, the cave spaws was changed like a year ago

5 minutes ago, devid20 said:

And you will die in there with your frog, the cave spaws was changed like a year ago

Disagree, I run it daily with a frog, as long as you force feed after each room you'll be completely fine. On average you'll pull out 2k - 2.5k paste every run which can be done every 20-30 minutes. Unless you're in there for the drops in which case every hour.

Frogs are the poop! :Stamina: I was almost disappointed how easy the Swamp cave was with a couple bread/imprinted/mate boosted amphibian buddies!

Just got to have a few health potions and extra armor/scuba pieces and some stims for ur mount. Just be careful of the centipedes and have backup everyting you will be ok:Melee_Damage: 

Sorry off topic was responding to above but to curve it somewhat back on track it's fairly easy to find high lvl frogs even on the island :$

Archived