Pre tame stats question.

Grandta

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Onimusha759 said:

4 breeding purposes, and every1s talking and putting up stats that hav 0 effect on breeding

I've edited my previous post while you was writing your. Post-tame stats are the ones you can breed; not wild ones. Taming effectiveness is more than important as well because it gives you more levels which gives you higher stats.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

I've edited my previous post while you was writing your. Post-tame stats are the ones you can breed; not wild ones. Taming effectiveness is more than important as well because it gives you more levels which gives you higher stats.

Hav u read the wiki?  Btw if we bred post tame stats thn my 2 lvl 200+ rexes shudnt hav a lvl 150 baby...

1 hour ago, DarkSoul996 said:

In order to maximise your chances of a great breeding line you need to tame in bulk using the perfect tame method for that creature. If you're killing half the creatures you're knocking out because they don't have amazing pre-tame stats then you're halving your chances of getting the post tame levels to roll in the stat you want. 

You are ignoring the most important resource you have: Time

In order to optimize your chances you need to skip astronomically low probability tames. If your chance is 1:100000 that it will come out decent, you better skip it because in that time you need to tame it up, you can find multiple better ones.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

U may b right, i decided 2 dubble check and TE lvls count...Which makes me want to murder the jerk that got me to believe only wild lvls count...So thank u for helping know the truth...Pity my rex sucked tho, its supposed to hav a 70% chance to inherit the better stat...Rly bad luck 

It is not 70% anymore, it is 55%. 70% used to be when breeding first been introduced to the game and then was silently nerfed to 55%. Someone over reddit disassembled the game's binaries to figure it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/6gsk84/breeding_and_mutation_probabilities_from/

7 hours ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

What stat(s) would a Quetz have less than 5% point distribution in? I play with classic flyers, so i have no data on the "nerfed" flyers.

I understand that stats aren't re-rolled (don't know why you thought i didn't?), my point was that just because 1 stat has 20 points and another has 30 pre-tame, doesn't mean anything. for all we know post-tame that 20 could become 40 and that 30 could become 31.

For the quetz, i have a relatively recent screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/qvTt8

I wrote that because i don't understand the "not correlating" part of your post. Either i understand something different about that word, or there is a clear correlation between pre and post tame stats.

If we talking about waiting for over a month or more just to tame one yuti with the perfect stat distribution in to whatever stat you may be looking for, no thanks first of all lol and second then yeah every stat roll matters then. The pre tame, the post tame and then the babies. If your looking to make a " mega" dino then yeah you need to pay attention to what you are needing. Post tame stats are what the baby has a chance to have, but your parent won't have the best post tame stats to offer if it's pre tame stat was garbage.

At the same time the game takes a lot of time in general and you don't need to be that picky for some decent dinos that kill bosses. I can see being picky for breeding for PvP and that's it, but if the other tribe already has 10 and you only have 1 I think they win lol. Time is not always on your side

59 minutes ago, lokifeyson said:

If we talking about waiting for over a month or more just to tame one yuti with the perfect stat distribution in to whatever stat you may be looking for, no thanks first of all lol and second then yeah every stat roll matters then. The pre tame, the post tame and then the babies. If your looking to make a " mega" dino then yeah you need to pay attention to what you are needing. Post tame stats are what the baby has a chance to have, but your parent won't have the best post tame stats to offer if it's pre tame stat was garbage.

At the same time the game takes a lot of time in general and you don't need to be that picky for some decent dinos that kill bosses. I can see being picky for breeding for PvP and that's it, but if the other tribe already has 10 and you only have 1 I think they win lol. Time is not always on your side

Yuti doesnt really matter stat wise and is a pain to tame. But terry on the other side. Playing on Ragnarok, 130+ are easy to find. You can tranq easily 30 a day playing alone. If you tame them all, you just lose a lot of time. You set up multiple boxes to throw them in to tranq them and look up their stats. There is no months waiting. And we are talking about breeders here, not a decent tame you want to put to work as soon as it's tamed.

You need to to this exactly because time is not on your side, it's never in ARK, you need to optimize that resource.

21 minutes ago, Thorium said:

You need to to this exactly because time is not on your side, it's never in ARK, you need to optimize that resource.

By far the truest thing.

Yesterday in about 2 hours of hunting I found and knocked out 10 Argy's, 135+. On 2x that is 11 kibble and 39 minutes to tame a 150 so roughly 32 (320) minutes and we'll say 9 (90) kibble per Argy since there was such a varied range. I ended up not taming any of them as none of them had points in stats I was looking for. By killing them early, it let more spawn, increasing my chances of finding the stat I was looking for. It saved me time, kibble, and the only really cost was darts which are easily replaceable especially since I took that last hour of game time to feed dino's and farm about 6k ings, perfect for more darts. 

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

U may b right, i decided 2 dubble check and TE lvls count...Which makes me want to murder the jerk that got me to believe only wild lvls count...So thank u for helping know the truth...Pity my rex sucked tho, its supposed to hav a 70% chance to inherit the better stat...Rly bad luck 

Technically that "jerk" wasnt wrong. Creatures get bonus wild/base levels that are allocated between stats randomly upon taming and amount of bonus levels depends on TE.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Yeah, and now it is 262.0% which is still technically impossible. :P

2 hours ago, Willard18 said:

Ye it is.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

No it is not. You cannot have 262% melee on a wild Yuty.

That yuty has long since been killed off, but the stats were extracted with ark smart breeding and verified before i saved them in my library... I'm going to assume there is an issue with exporting stats of wild dinos from the library specifically with melee due to the extra steps in calculating it. The "breeding value" of 267.0 shown adds up and is likely what it should be.

Also, i only included the Yuty's stats as an example of how unpredictable post-tame stat distribution can be on any dino. It's the only dino i have pre-tame and post-tame saved stats for (was bored out of my mind waiting for them to tame).

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

That yuty has long since been killed off, but the stats were extracted with ark smart breeding and verified before i saved them in my library... I'm going to assume there is an issue with exporting stats of wild dinos from the library specifically with melee due to the extra steps in calculating it. The "breeding value" of 267.0 shown adds up and is likely what it should be.

Also, i only included the Yuty's stats as an example of how unpredictable post-tame stat distribution can be on any dino. It's the only dino i have pre-tame and post-tame saved stats for (was bored out of my mind waiting for them to tame).

Yeah, there is definitely something that is not right; 24 points should be 220%.

2 hours ago, Thorium said:

For the quetz, i have a relatively recent screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/qvTt8

I wrote that because i don't understand the "not correlating" part of your post. Either i understand something different about that word, or there is a clear correlation between pre and post tame stats.

The point distribution on that quetz is 14 HP 22 Stam 32 Oxy 25 Food 23 Weight 33 Melee. well within the 5%-25% point distribution window.

Not correlating simply means you cant tell how the +74 points from perfect taming a 150 will be distributed based on how the previous 150 points were distributed.

There may be some indicators that it could be a poor tame, say 35 pre-tame wasted points in speed, but you could still end up with 40+ points in a desirable stat anyway.

52 minutes ago, Thorium said:

Yuti doesnt really matter stat wise and is a pain to tame. But terry on the other side. Playing on Ragnarok, 130+ are easy to find. You can tranq easily 30 a day playing alone. If you tame them all, you just lose a lot of time. You set up multiple boxes to throw them in to tranq them and look up their stats. There is no months waiting. And we are talking about breeders here, not a decent tame you want to put to work as soon as it's tamed.

If your in a target rich environment, your better off focusing on the 140+ and skipping the 130 and 135's all together. likewise if you have a limited supply of kibble.

1 hour ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

The point distribution on that quetz is 14 HP 22 Stam 32 Oxy 25 Food 23 Weight 33 Melee. well within the 5%-25% point distribution window.

Not correlating simply means you cant tell how the +74 points from perfect taming a 150 will be distributed based on how the previous 150 points were distributed.

There may be some indicators that it could be a poor tame, say 35 pre-tame wasted points in speed, but you could still end up with 40+ points in a desirable stat anyway.

The quetz just was an example for the fact that some dinos don't follow the 5% damage per wild level rule. I thought you wanted to see that. I don't have any screenshot from extreme low end stats. This ended up to be my damage input for the quetz blood line. It ended up with 47 levels in damage after tame.

Ok, now i understand what you mean with correlation. Yes that is correct. But if you are in search for, let's say damage and you get a 12 level pre tame damage stat. It's way to unlikely you get 28 levels from the TE levels into damage. Wouldn't make sense to tame it. My personal limit for post tame is 40 levels in one stat, which is not that high compared to what others search for.

9 minutes ago, Thorium said:

The quetz just was an example for the fact that some dinos don't follow the 5% damage per wild level rule. I thought you wanted to see that. I don't have any screenshot from extreme low end stats. This ended up to be my damage input for the quetz blood line. It ended up with 47 levels in damage after tame.

The 5%-25% rule is all about total point distribution. a perfect tamed 150 tames out to level 224, and each level (minus 1) is a point that can go into a stat.

But they are distributed in such a way that no stat will ever have less than 5% or more than 25% of the total points. The stats are random(ish) but only within that window. The only reason i shared that info is because there is soo much misinformation about ark, It's nice to have hard values to backup observations. So many people believe they can get more than 56 tamed wild points in a single stat, and it's made worse by taming calculators that don't handle TE bonus's properly like dododex (that even has a warning under it saying it doesn't handle them properly). could it be wrong? sure, but i have no reason to doubt the poster that shared the 5%-25% info with me, and all the saved dino stats i have confirm it. If new information comes along that proves it incorrect, then great, we all learn something :)

10 minutes ago, Thorium said:

Ok, now i understand what you mean with correlation. Yes that is correct. But if you are in search for, let's say damage and you get a 12 level pre tame damage stat. It's way to unlikely you get 28 levels from the TE levels into damage. Wouldn't make sense to tame it. My personal limit for post tame is 40 levels in one stat, which is not that high compared to what others search for.

If you were only looking for just melee, then yes the odds of a 12 becoming a 40+ are abnormally low(though not impossible)..but if melee is 12 then another stat is likely to be higher than usual too. I also aim for a minimum of 40 points in the important stats before breeding, in my opinion after the important stats are all 40+ your time is better spent breeding for mutations than taming. Though it's all a massive time sink and i wish it would change :/

4 hours ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

What he's saying is that the stats you're showing are clearly incorrectly extracted.  A Yutyrannus with 0 melee levels (100%) is 55 damage.  Each wild level it gains in melee is 2.75 damage.  2.75 is 5% of 55.  This means that every melee level a wild yutyrannus gains is going to be +5%.  It's literally impossible to knock out a yutyrannus and see any melee damage stat that isn't a multiple of 5%.  The closest thing you could have to the 262% while the dino is knocked out is either 260% (32 wild levels) or 265% (33 wild levels).

Also, I disagree with the statement that you need to be lucky pre and post-tame.  It's possible to be extremely lucky with one or the other and have a great starting dino for breeding.   Though they're rare, I've had a 49 HP rex on knockout get 2 more levels post-tame on kibble.  That's extremely unlucky TE levels, but at 51 health levels, no one's complaining.   At the same time,   I recently had a 30 melee level rex at knock out come out with 48 post-tame.   Still extremely rare and arguably not "lucky" for the knock out stats, but the stand up stats were a great starting point, still.  It certainly makes it much easier when you have luck on your side for both, though.

On 21/02/2018 at 10:21 PM, Thorium said:

If you want to breed you have to look into pre-tame stats or you waste a lot of time taming junk dinos.

You need to get lucky two times. First with the pre-tame level distribution and second time with the post-tame level distribution. If one of the both chances you get unlucky, it's junk. So if you see you got unlucky on the first step (pre-tame) you can't get a good breeder in the second step.

I used to do that for a long time with rexes.  Hundreds upon hundreds of rexes I rejected based on pre tame stats.  In the end I believe now that I was wrong.  Most of the best stats I have gotten there was absolutely no indication of it in the pre tame stats.  If the kibble is common then tame everything level 145+ and you will succeed at finding your stats much more quickly.

2 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

What he's saying is that the stats you're showing are clearly incorrectly extracted.  A Yutyrannus with 0 melee levels (100%) is 55 damage.  Each wild level it gains in melee is 2.75 damage.  2.75 is 5% of 55.  This means that every melee level a wild yutyrannus gains is going to be +5%.  It's literally impossible to knock out a yutyrannus and see any melee damage stat that isn't a multiple of 5%.  The closest thing you could have to the 262% while the dino is knocked out is either 260% (32 wild levels) or 265% (33 wild levels).

I was just trusting that Ark smart breeding displayed the info correctly, which it clearly did not...It may not support wild melee in the Extraction tab. in the testing tab, it shows correctly (24 points = 220.0 melee). Since the whole purpose of the comparison screenshot is how you can't predict post-tame point distribution based on pre-tame, the actual melee value being wrong isn't important as long as the points are right xD

I'll try saving some pre-tame stats tonight and see if/how they change and try to report it if it's a bug in smart breeding.

2 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Also, I disagree with the statement that you need to be lucky pre and post-tame.  It's possible to be extremely lucky with one or the other and have a great starting dino for breeding.   Though they're rare, I've had a 49 HP rex on knockout get 2 more levels post-tame on kibble.  That's extremely unlucky TE levels, but at 51 health levels, no one's complaining.   At the same time,   I recently had a 30 melee level rex at knock out come out with 48 post-tame.   Still extremely rare and arguably not "lucky" for the knock out stats, but the stand up stats were a great starting point, still.  It certainly makes it much easier when you have luck on your side for both, though.

49 pre tame points would be 33% (above the 25% limit) of total points on a 150.....was this recently?

7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

By far the truest thing.

Yesterday in about 2 hours of hunting I found and knocked out 10 Argy's, 135+. On 2x that is 11 kibble and 39 minutes to tame a 150 so roughly 32 (320) minutes and we'll say 9 (90) kibble per Argy since there was such a varied range. I ended up not taming any of them as none of them had points in stats I was looking for. By killing them early, it let more spawn, increasing my chances of finding the stat I was looking for. It saved me time, kibble, and the only really cost was darts which are easily replaceable especially since I took that last hour of game time to feed dino's and farm about 6k ings, perfect for more darts. 

And did you find your stat? I bet you would have found it had you been taming them.

Archived