Hate? Constructive Criticism, that will get completely ignored? Yup.

MackanMygga

You don't necessarily have to rent your own server.

There are others who have already done renting or even buying, and have the stats you desire. And not everybody out there is willing to cheat. Take for example myself. I don't see the point of playing a game if cheating is involved. A game (especially a survival game) is meant to be a challenge and difficult. Being screwed over by the game is a good thing, as long as it's not because of a game breaking bug that is (squid throwing my mosasaur outside of the map on official servers).

And yeah if you are a server owner, and your goal is set to have more players, stop setting it on the result. More players is not a realistic goal. You will end up miserable. Instead focus on the service you provide, and do your best at providing that service to others. Players will come naturally, if you do your job as a good descent host. Of course it will take time. Of course it might not be fun. Most entrepreneurs have fun later down the road when they are reaping the rewards of success, for doing hard work.

And as for the idiots who say that unofficial servers are run by cheaters, and will close next month. Screw you guys and your FUD. This is the same kind of argument from people who have children with jerk men, and then complain about the guy being a jerk, then say all men are jerks. You chose the server, you chose the man, why do you complain about the result? But you can only really find out if the server is crap, after either looking at a server reputation, or playing it for a while. It takes time to learn people, as much as it takes time to learn about servers. This is a part of the true reason why people play official, because they know wildcard doesn't play the server they join. However, you then have the community to deal with. Because the players playing the game, are the real server. So you get tame cap limits, rude and offensive players, grief players, but then you also get nice people who want to help you, and those who just want to relax and have a good time with their fellow humans. ^_^

But hey, bad drama sells, so people say all unofficials are bad, because somehow Wildcard is able to do better. Nope.avi

Ive rented and done official PVE and PVP. My opinion is that a good official server is hard to find, but a good private is even harder. Keep logging on servers as a new survivor, it gives you a barometer of whether or not the server is full of toxic teenagers, reserved players, forigners, or people who happen to be distrustful of start ups on the server (I am I was robbed of my best breeding lines by a new recruit who went sour over a few week). Finding a functioning group of people you can trust, AND enjoy playing games with, is rare find, it took me months. 

Rented servers are great for learning the basics of the game, but the cheating and admin BS is another post topic onto itself. 

My advise, start a Discord server, they are free. Invite competent people on the servers you frequent to your Discord. The ability to have conversations, and a message board for posts is a great way to keep a tribe together and interested in a greater effort. Pve Official rocks if you have a solid crew, (even two people) to help.

3 hours ago, AFXAcid said:

Rented servers are great for learning the basics of the game, but the cheating and admin BS is another post topic onto itself.

I myself personally hate cheaters. Thus I opened my own servers, to guarantee this won't happen. Plus I can provide customer support to the players playing there, which is totally appreciated. It's not hard to improve on terrible. Look at Wildcard. Good luck getting support. And yeah, they won't abuse admin, because they are not around. But want to know who is around on officials? Aholes and jerks. Grief players. No support from staff.

As for learning the basics of the game. Why is it that the seasoned players who play official, end up turning to unofficial? And again, new players go right to official as soon as they join the multiplayer scene, not the unofficial scene, because it says official. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

4 hours ago, AFXAcid said:

Actually there is a lot more cheating going on on official, because WC doesn't step in, or way to late. On most unofficials cheaters are dealt with fairly quickly.

Admin BS exists, so exists GM BS on officials. So many stories about bad GM's. A good unofficial is much better in both cheaters and admin BS as official. There are a lot bad unofficials of course but it's not that hard to find out which are good and which are badly run.

15 hours ago, Sphere said:

I myself personally hate cheaters. Thus I opened my own servers, to guarantee this won't happen. Plus I can provide customer support to the players playing there, which is totally appreciated. It's not hard to improve on terrible. Look at Wildcard. Good luck getting support. And yeah, they won't abuse admin, because they are not around. But want to know who is around on officials? Aholes and jerks. Grief players. No support from staff.

As for learning the basics of the game. Why is it that the seasoned players who play official, end up turning to unofficial? And again, new players go right to official as soon as they join the multiplayer scene, not the unofficial scene, because it says official. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

I have seen WC policing newer official servers hard, a special playing card appears next to their name in chat. You can get GM's to come to any official server, all you need is a legitimate reason for them to come, and patience. 

In my case when I began, I found most officials to be capped and hostile to newbs. So I helped finance a private server between a few friends, and that is where I learned the basics of the game. It wasn't until I migrated back to official servers that I completed my mastery of ARK (the wider community helped refine my methods, one aspect that was missing from a private server). So I "do know what I am talking about" my perspective and experience just differs from your own.

i kinda agree, in pve its a waiting game who gets bored the first and leaves and then we can breed for a week again until server hits cap again. then we wait again for the next one to rage quit  the game.
the bugged character transfer also helps, in one of the servers i play, one lost his char and many dino's decayed, tx to that the server will be uncapped for a while.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:26 AM, Sphere said:

Lack of support and lack of ability (or focus) on stopping cheaters and exploiters from WC are the main reasons I went unofficial.

Given WC's track record, killing support on legacy, ever culling the list of what they'll replace, and generally being extremely inconsistent with technical and community support, I also think that all support will get killed and official servers will start getting shut down within a year of the last DLC release. That means that if you want to be playing Ark in a few years, the unofficial scene is the only option (imo, might as well find a good community and get comfy now).

Since you're an admin, I'll also throw out that I think the admin abuse concerns are way overblown. Literally every sever I've played on that's had some sort of "admin abuse" allegation or crisis has really just been the admin(s) making tough calls on controversies where the losing side throws a fit then spams shade to every platform that will listen. I've not been directly involved, and certainly don't agree with every decision made, but it in each situation it is clear the admin is doing what they think best for the server, not tilting the table for themselves, their friends or their donors. In my experience it's exponentially more honest and consistent than what WC is pulling on official servers.

Also, even though I don't play on your server/cluster, thank you for admining. Your time, money and stress to provide a great gaming experience for your players. That's another thing I've noticed about unofficials the player base is often ungrateful to the point it turns my stomach. This person invests there own money and a lot of time to provide this experience and now you're going to rage because they won't unstick your dino at 4 am their time... it's absurd.

On 2/20/2018 at 4:57 PM, MackanMygga said:

I've always known it. But now it's actually bothered me.

Ark: Survival Evolved freaking sucks.

PvE doesn't work.

PvP is too hard to start in.

Solution? Rent your own server.

This concludes my post. K'bye.

What part of this post was constructive? Have you seen Thor: Ragnarok? Because you sound like angry Hulk. 

On 2/22/2018 at 8:59 PM, LouSpowells said:

What part of this post was constructive? Have you seen Thor: Ragnarok? Because you sound like angry Hulk. 

Nah it was pretty constructive. Not much else to say. I don't need to prove my points, because if you've played and know much about Ark, and it's current state. This is just stating the obvious.

Absolutely not. Most unofficial servers are filled with mods. And if you join a unofficial server with mods, the game will automatically subscribe to every mod, and automatically install them. Then if you wanna remove them, you need to look up the name of each mod, look it up on steam workshop, then manually unsubscribe.

2 minutes ago, MackanMygga said:

No.. Please. I get what you're trying to say. And in most cases, you're right. But this is one of those few times, where it's a fact.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your opinion is invalid, some people will agree with you and others (like me if I'm honest) will have different opinions, but it is still your opinion and not fact.

23 minutes ago, MackanMygga said:

No one plays on unofficial servers anymore. At least very few. Scroll through the unofficial server list. Dead.

And to find a server with the stats you want, and on top of that, people who play there? yeah, good luck.

Not dead at all, it's just oversaturated with servers.

Yesterday i had a unofficial cluster owner write me about my tribe log to Discord tool and he runs a very good running cluster with around 400 players. I checked it out and the servers had between 30 to 70 players online each. Wouldnt call that dead.

43 minutes ago, Thorium said:

Not dead at all, it's just oversaturated with servers.

Yesterday i had a unofficial cluster owner write me about my tribe log to Discord tool and he runs a very good running cluster with around 400 players. I checked it out and the servers had between 30 to 70 players online each. Wouldnt call that dead.

Alright maybe not completely dead. But definitely not as big as it used to be.

But my point is more about saying that official servers are broken. And today for new players, and even old players who didn't play for a few months. Trying to find a decent official server is too difficult. Until they've resolved the issue with official servers, they should at least put an icon on every server that has reached tame limit... Although now when i think about it, if they do that, every server that haven't reached tame limit yet will reach it in no time, because everyone will join that specific server. For PvE that is. This doesn't happen on PvP. But that doesn't mean PvP is problem-free either.

In PvP it's too difficult to get started in, when there is the option to power level via explorer notes.

Currently the most efficient way to level up in Ark, is to transfer to TheIsland, Scorched Earth, and Abberation, and get all the easy explorer notes. This will get you to level 40~ something, which at that level you can learn metal structures, and build a small metal base first day on the server.

This is not how the game was advertised to be played. Nor how most people would enjoy playing the game. But if it's between that, and getting destroyed by big tribes day one, or other day one players who abused the explorer notes, then explorer note method it is.

12 hours ago, MackanMygga said:

Nah it was pretty constructive. Not much else to say. I don't need to prove my points, because if you've played and know much about Ark, and it's current state. This is just stating the obvious.

It's been a while since I looked it up, but that's not the definition of constructive that I remember. Per definition, what you provided was a hyperbolic rant full of subjectivity and frustration. But you're right, you don't need to prove what you said because that's not how subjectivity works. I'm not telling you that you're wrong, just reminding you of the concept of subjectivity.

Alright. I wont say that what i wrote was constructive. But my point was that there is no need to make it more constructive than that. It says enough, and has enough reason. Ark has a lot of problems. In the end of the day, that's what I'm trying to say.

And honestly, I'm not even upset about it. The state of Ark, i mean. I was, but it's clear to me now that it's not even worth my time. Thus the reason i made the title what it is. ''Hate? Constructive Criticism that will get completely ignored? Yup'' I mean to say that some people can see this as hate. But it really is Enough constructive criticism for us who know the state of the game. To me everyone should've realized how much of a rotten mess this game actually is right now.

Archived