Bred dino increased level without mutation?

Xenithar

OK, so I took two wild gigas and bred them. The child got stats from both and level increased to 199, no mutations. Did it again, same thing, 199, no mutations. Bred the 199's expecting a third 199 without a mutation OR a higher one WITH a mutation. I got a 204 without mutations and the stats are IDENTICAL to the 199 parents. How is this possible? Looks the same, same stats, but the level is five above both parents. Is this a bugged dino?

Guest DJRone89
4 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

OK, so I took two wild gigas and bred them. The child got stats from both and level increased to 199, no mutations. Did it again, same thing, 199, no mutations. Bred the 199's expecting a third 199 without a mutation OR a higher one WITH a mutation. I got a 204 without mutations and the stats are IDENTICAL to the 199 parents. How is this possible? Looks the same, same stats, but the level is five above both parents. Is this a bugged dino?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s my understanding that if the parents had wasted points in the wild, their offspring may be born with extra levels because they are treated as if they had 100% taming effectiveness, or something along those lines.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s my understanding that if the parents had wasted points in the wild, their offspring may be born with extra levels because they are treated as if they had 100% taming effectiveness, or something along those lines.

No, you won't get extra levels. Basically, the taming effectiveness decrease the taming "bonuses" applied but don't when breeding. I explained it with numbers there:

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

but it’s my understanding that if the parents had wasted points in the wild

wasted points refer to points wild dinos spent into speed.

2 hours ago, Xenithar said:

When you breed for stats the first thing you should learn is to go away from the concept of "level". Difference in overall level can be explained with a different combination of stats from its parents that yields higher total amount of points spent into stats (aka level).

If you include screenshots of parents and baby - i'm pretty sure it would become clear where those 5 levels came from.

I understand that and even know how to work backwards and get the raw "points into levels" data. For example, I tamed an aberrant spino and based on his stats and level i worked his stats out to be the following pre-training.

• HP - 32
  • Stam - 30
  • Oxygen - 20
  • Food - 21
  • Weight - 27
  • Dam - 40
  • Speed - 8

Add those up and you get the level he was tamed at. He tamed at 179. The levels in those points equal 178, but that does not count level 1. My gigas were in the teens, but I forget what they worked out to be. So i do understand that, but that would indicate that the first two bred gigas did NOT inherit the speed stat. This makes it odd for me and why I posted. Wild female and wild male made a 199 girl, then a 199 boy. Both had identical stats which were visible (dam, hp, stam, food, etc) which made me believe they had the same wasted points in speed. I breed these two gigas (brother and sister) and get the 204. Are you suggesting that they inherited a speed value from a grandparent? I'll post the stats this evening when I login to the server.

OK, I was curious and this database server wasn't going to be done for a bit so I connected to my home VPN and pulled up my database on dino stats. I worked them out to be this.

Stompy, Male:

• HP - 46
  • Stam - 20
  • Oxy - 15
  • Food - 25
  • Weight - 30
  • Dam - 49

This leaves thirteen points unaccounted for, meaning he wasted thirteen points in speed. Add thirteen to the sum of those and you get 198, plus level one, which equals 199.

Cute Wendy, Female:

• HP - 46
  • Stam - 20
  • Oxy - 20
  • Food - 25
  • Weight - 30
  • Dam - 49

This leaves eight points unaccounted for. Add eight to the sum of those and you get 198, plus one is 199. So yes, they DID have different stats. I do NOT know why I thought otherwise. In my defense, I have been having 20hr days recently and my brain is essentially MUSH.

Archived