How to build

Riven0022

Guest DJRone89
22 minutes ago, Riven0022 said:

Hello, I would like to install on a server ragnarock but I can not build a base because there are pillars everywhere and I often spawn in closed bases, it is tolerated? can we go on a server and this suitable by building pillars everywhere? (official server pve)

Pillars are arrogant public PvE players way of saying I was here first GG. They even try and defend blatant exploitation of game mechanics because “everyone does it” or “to protect spawns/resources” like it’s their moral duty to dictate where people can and can’t build on a PUBLIC server.

The devs have tried to nerf the decay timers but people will always find a way to get around the issue.

I hate recommending newbies to unofficials because I feel everyone should at least learn the game on official, but for PvE you will find this on every server.

Unofficials usually have active admins to police the pillar issue. It’s a sad truth.

To be fair it's a two way street , yeah it looks  bad for a new player that can't build where they want but it's also to protect the established players game play because these new players don' realise not to block path ways or metal spawns , or decide to build right on someone else' base , without 0illars there would be no metal and no dino spawns 

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

To be fair it's a two way street , yeah it looks  bad for a new player that can't build where they want but it's also to protect the established players game play because these new players don' realise not to block path ways or metal spawns , or decide to build right on someone else' base , without 0illars there would be no metal and no dino spawns 

People love to call out cheaters and exploiters but only when it suits.

6 minutes ago, Riven0022 said:

Do you mean that on the official arch the admins will not do anything for this problem? they do not intervene??

What can they do ? 

If they delete pillars people will build something else instead , if they change the auto decay people will add something else to their pillars like ladders , every structure in ark blocks other players building , if it wasn't pillars it would be dino gates or something else that doesn't block spawns . Even your base is stopping someone from building somewhere , where do they draw the line? Do they delete your hut because it's stopping someone from expanding their base ? 

Guest DJRone89
6 minutes ago, Riven0022 said:

Do you mean that on the official arch the admins will not do anything for this problem? they do not intervene??

Depends how severe the problem is and even then will require a fair amount of evidence. Blocking actual player spawn points is an offence though, as far as I’m aware.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, Riven0022 said:

For people who only build pilars everywhere (without base) they whould remove all their constructions to punish them, they would not do it again

They’ll just try their luck on a different server. These people don’t learn.

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Pillars are arrogant public PvE players way of saying I was here first GG. They even try and defend blatant exploitation of game mechanics because “everyone does it” or “to protect spawns/resources” like it’s their moral duty to dictate where people can and can’t build on a PUBLIC server.

The devs have tried to nerf the decay timers but people will always find a way to get around the issue.

I hate recommending newbies to unofficials because I feel everyone should at least learn the game on official, but for PvE you will find this on every server.

Unofficials usually have active admins to police the pillar issue. It’s a sad truth.

In the same post you manage to point the issue, provide the solution and put all the blame on players.

You know those unofficials that have ACTIVE ADMINS TO POLICE...is exactly what Officials lack, but somehow that lack is because of us the players. 

If Wildcard had any legitimate and competent GMs who were doing their job resolving a multitude of issues common to a massive multiplayer online game....people wouldn't have to ressort to pillars as a solution. 

Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

In the same post you manage to point the issue, provide the solution and put all the blame on players.

You know those unofficials that have ACTIVE ADMINS TO POLICE...is exactly what Officials lack, but somehow that lack is because of us the players. 

If Wildcard had any legitimate and competent GMs who were doing their job resolving a multitude of issues common to a massive multiplayer online game....people wouldn't have to ressort to pillars as a solution. 

I know right? When a game grows, so should the customer support staff to deal with the influx of players.

The devs/GM’s should have tackled this issue in early access to set a precedent, so that anyone who thought this behaviour was excepted would have been warned/wiped. Instead they chose to nerf things instead of dealing with the root cause.

Now, what you’re left with, is a community that feel they have no choice but to pillar, trolls who pillar everywhere, and newbies who can’t even make a start.

Any good admin with help with this type of thing. On my server, if someone does this, I demolish those stray pillars, especially if the people who placed them there are building a base elsewhere.
It's not fun and not fair to anyone, old or new players to be restricted by a handful of players who think they're more entitled than anyone else

Same happened to us when we were trying to move from an island server that was shutting down to a ragnarok one.

Besides there being quite a few ragnarok servers left, they are filled with pillars everywhere, since there are more active players they pillared everything.

We went looking for like 3 hours on our ptero and couldn't find a spot to build a decently sized base anywhere.

Just in case it matters server is ragnarok eu-pve 33.

On 2/20/2018 at 8:20 AM, DJRone89 said:

You obviously have not played on an official server for any length of time what so ever. If you had, your distorted view on this would not be as it is.

Yeah fine, would be nice if everyone just builds where they set their base. Some time goes by, word gets out, "Hey this is a cool server, let us go set a base up there".

Boom your server has an increase in immigrants from other servers or new players. They start setting up, blocking spawns (Spinos, Gigas, etc.) blocking pathways that are established for that particular server, resource spawns (because they do not know any better), the list goes on. 

Point is this causes LOTS of drama and issues, no matter what server it occurs on. To correct these issues, the server as a whole has to deal with it to get them resolved. Mind you it is never just one or two locations and will continue from one week to the next as others come to the server.

In reality, a server that has all these areas pillared off are MUCH more laid back and MUCH more willing to help the new guys that come tot he server, as they all know that everything is secured. These type servers are in fact glad to see new blood enter it, as you know they will be buying all kinds of stuff from the rest of the server as they grow.

And let us be real, no server is actually ALL pillared off at all. It might just take more than a few minutes to find a spot to build is all.

8 hours ago, Oreg0n said:

Same happened to us when we were trying to move from an island server that was shutting down to a ragnarok one.

Besides there being quite a few ragnarok servers left, they are filled with pillars everywhere, since there are more active players they pillared everything.

We went looking for like 3 hours on our ptero and couldn't find a spot to build a decently sized base anywhere.

Just in case it matters server is ragnarok eu-pve 33.

Establish a base, establish yourself and tribe as a tribe that contributes to the server and not a bunch of trolls, you will be able to get additional land to increase your build.

On 2/20/2018 at 5:20 AM, DJRone89 said:

Its ironic that the person putting down pillars so they can get resources nearby without some noob screwing up the spawn is the arrogant one in your book.

Unofficials dont have even a quarter of the traffic an official server does. You cant even compare pillaring on a official to an unofficial. Any official you go to, there will be large areas of land to settle on. On officials 90% of every beach outside extreme areas has been built upon.

People love to call out cheaters and exploiters but only when it suits.

I used to get upset when I seen pillars everywhere but over the course of playing offical pve I myself do it now. I hate that there's a need to do it but without doing it you end up in a situation like mine.

I have a decent size base on the island for just 2 people tribe we have at least one of every Dino. Been around for a while.

New tribe comes in. No pillars around my base. I don't mind sharing space at the time. This tribe comes in, build right behind me. Okay cool no real issue. Pretty decent size base. Then, the same tribe, starts building to the right. A bigger area. Almost the size of mine. Okay well maybe they rather live there, or there's more than one person and they like that spot better, I can understand. Then I notice structures going up on the left side of me, sure enough same tribe. Only the front of my base area is uncluttered now and that's only because it's a water inlet. (Right across from herb island) in which come to find out they literally built right down at the end of the beach to.

Now the same tribe is also building a massive Castle South side of redwoods next to green, that doesn't really affect me, but that's 5 small to giant size bases for one tribe, 3 of which surround me none are completely done because they are constantly picking up new areas to build.

So with your opinion on the matter, it's wrong to prevent people from doing this by pillaring. But it's completely okay for someone to come in and all but build you in?

Not trying to start a debate, but would like to know your thoughts on this kind of situation.

Edit: also this one tribe only has a handful of Dino's, in only one base. They can't be utilizing all 5 bases.

Guest DJRone89

To the arrogant pillar community:

I played Xbox EU-official-PvE 26 (legacy) for several months which is now on the kill list - you will be missed old friend.

I understand why you do it, but you’re still exploiting the game mechanics. You can’t have the audacity to call for Wildcard to punish cheaters while you seamlessly pillar.

Guest DJRone89
10 hours ago, Palenor said:

You obviously have not played on an official server for any length of time what so ever. If you had, your distorted view on this would not be as it is.

Yeah fine, would be nice if everyone just builds where they set their base. Some time goes by, word gets out, "Hey this is a cool server, let us go set a base up there".

Boom your server has an increase in immigrants from other servers or new players. They start setting up, blocking spawns (Spinos, Gigas, etc.) blocking pathways that are established for that particular server, resource spawns (because they do not know any better), the list goes on. 

Point is this causes LOTS of drama and issues, no matter what server it occurs on. To correct these issues, the server as a whole has to deal with it to get them resolved. Mind you it is never just one or two locations and will continue from one week to the next as others come to the server.

In reality, a server that has all these areas pillared off are MUCH more laid back and MUCH more willing to help the new guys that come tot he server, as they all know that everything is secured. These type servers are in fact glad to see new blood enter it, as you know they will be buying all kinds of stuff from the rest of the server as they grow.

And let us be real, no server is actually ALL pillared off at all. It might just take more than a few minutes to find a spot to build is all.

Justifying exploits. You sound familiar

Guest DJRone89
12 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Its not an exploit, quit using the term since you dont know what it means.

Using a mechanic other than the way it was intended is an exploit.

Pillars are for supporting stuctures, not blocking off areas. Learn the definition of exploit.

Wildcard has already stated that using pillars to save land is part of the game. As long as they dont restrict access to the items they have outlined, it is acceptable. Therefore it is NOT an exploit. If it was an exploit, they would not allow it. Plain and simple. You are crying over something that is not against the rules and claiming it is. You still need to learn the definition of exploit.

Guest DJRone89
12 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Wildcard has already stated that using pillars to save land is part of the game. As long as they dont restrict access to the items they have outlined, it is acceptable. Therefore it is NOT an exploit. If it was an exploit, they would not allow it. Plain and simple. You are crying over something that is not against the rules and claiming it is. You still need to learn the definition of exploit.

I came to this thread to help people and make suggestions but you are part of the problem. Exploit or not, you are saying people should just except that pillaring is part of the game so GG.

Newbies should be punished and not get a foothold on the game because people who where there before them dicated where they can and can’t build.

Yeah that’s the community newbies want to get behind.

Official PvE is more toxic than PvP. Who’d have thunk?

And by the way exploiting can be a situation where you do something to gain an unfair advantage i.e. pillaring to block off areas you see fit.

there is an easy solution to all of this....... restrict the build area to exclude spawns, drops, waterways, paths, and any other in game unique situation.  the maps are big enough to support the current player base. other crafting survival games (H1Z1 comes to mind) that implement this system and it works fine. 

i dont think this is even on the divs radar any more.. they have moved on to taking vacations on their yachts and getting lost for days in Ibiza :)

On 2/20/2018 at 7:20 AM, DJRone89 said:

This isn't always true.  On my aberration server,  when I built my base, I pillared a reasonable area outside my initial building.  (about 30 foundations radius from my building's walls)  1 week later, someone came in and built right on top of the main silica pearl spawn, which was immediately outside of my pillar no-build radius killing off our best source of silica pearls.  Luckily, he had other buildings elsewhere on the map and neglected this one long enough that I could demolish it and pillar those spawns.  Not EVERYONE on PvE officials pillars the map to just take away from others.

*edit* Also, there is too much of a problem with people insisting on building right on someone's doorstep.  There could be a huge area that's perfectly fine for building just a little bit away from a base, and people will choose to build as close to that base anyway.

Archived