Community Crunch 119 & Raptor TLC!

Jen

On 2/19/2018 at 10:07 PM, Wolf Angelus said:

I am curious if my stuff isn't being looked at because I have to do slideshows now as my CPU is worn out. I don't find any logical explanation why else a pixel art heart would get runner up rather than a fully functional design considering the shaping and theme were identical.

For real. As the above poster noted, you've been posting your creations for years. I had to look it up to see if you were the same guy, too I noticed from Ark digests over a year ago and...you are. STILL. COMPLAINING.

People have been telling you to let others have a chance at being showcased for over TWO YEARS NOW. 

Can you for once stop when your submissions aren't picked? Is there always an excuse to blame on? Can't give others credit for their creations? Me? Me? Me?

That valentine's day chocolate box was awesome. My GF also thought it was extremely cute. Individual chocolates were buildings! It's a valentine's day ark digest! 

You really need to stop being a sore loser, but I don't know... people have been telling you that for over 2 years now and you still continue. I don't think you'll change. Outrageous. 

Edited by LimitlessAeon

The new raptor looks kinda odd... its nose looks too narrow and those feathers are a bit too much on the arms...

i don't know...

I definitely like the new abilities and i also agree they should add something to fight bigger dinos...
I mean, i've got around 30 bred raptors over 250lvl with ascendent saddles, they can take down a 150 bronto in a matter of seconds

I love the new Raptor abilities, but I have to say I'm in the more feathers camp. I'd love to see our raptor look more like the one in the game Saurian : http://static1.squarespace.com/static/598d04984c0dbf67c441eb69/598d0d84176dc47cc662c82a/598d0d6b176dc47cc662c562/1502416235466/rjpalmer_dakotaraptor_full_ontogeny_001.jpg?format=original

Love the game. If I might suggest spiders to get some tlc... since the recent improvements to the game (wall climbing, grappling hook, ziplines). I'd like to propose giving spiders a revamp. Also if you could make them look more like a wandering spider (wolfspider or a birdeater). 

To add to that even create two subspecies and have one specialize as a trapper/webspinner (more frail and less moble but has heavy duty webslinging) and the other a hunter/wanderer (more tough and moble, jumping with only a grappling hook ability).

Also if scorpions could be bigger? That stinger looks awkward almost getting me in the head every sting.... a grab would be great too.

And finally players. It's weird not having a walk animation, maybe a limited climb to get away from predators, and just a request for weapons like a greatsword with a tek version that shoots blasts forward about 8 to 10 meters, tekpolearms and lances that shoot tek beams or projectiles (while still having a melee).

Once again loved watching you guys evolve and put a great game together. Thanks.

Aarkan117

Edited by Aarkan
Misspelled weapons

Jen, when will you add the link for the save files of the servers that will be taken down in March?

I'm concerned that I am now finding my server (NA-PVE-OfficialPrimitivePlus15) listed with the 1st group of servers you took down and the date for that save file is Nov 10th!  Please tell me that this is a mistake and that everything I have done since then isn't lost for good?

On 2/19/2018 at 9:07 PM, Wolf Angelus said:

I am curious if my stuff isn't being looked at because I have to do slideshows now as my CPU is worn out. I don't find any logical explanation why else a pixel art heart would get runner up rather than a fully functional design considering the shaping and theme were identical.

Hey perhaps it was because your heart wasn’t as rounded... I hear there’s an amazing tutorial on how to do circles now for ark! Other than that I thought the island was cute ❤️

Next TLC Dino should be player models. No seriously the male player model at least in the face looks like ape garbage and the player animations havent changed since the dawn of the early access program. To be honest facial character customization that isnt "upper face size/lower face size" would be a great addition. 

P. S. you guys have kind of set the standard really high now so the game is gonna look off unless you re-do most of the original dinos but I love what you're doing.

2 hours ago, UnfinishedRiot said:

Wow! Very sharp model! I'd like to see a blend of the two models, having the sleek energetic feel of the custom raptor, but with a little less feathers, and vertical tail feathers. 

that would be cool to.. what I dont like about the new raptor is the face.. the eyes are wrong to me.. idk

For the love of the Crunch stop complaining every single time you don't win something. You still won $150 in this Crunch and yet you still have the selfish nerve to pick apart someone elses entry in this Crunch. You have absolutely no respect for anyone else that enters this competition.
I won absolutely nothing in this Crunch, although I entered 6 pieces, yet do you see me complaining that I didn't win, or pointing fingers at other people's entries that did win just because it's similar to mine? No. That's because i'm not a selfish competitor.
P.S. The amount of thousands you've won could easily buy you a few CPU's or more. Also Valoue's box of chocolates is a very original design, more so than yet another building design.
I believe the wild person is just a child. Must be by the way they act and sulk. So I have decided to ignore his/her extremely terrible manners as you would a child. I really can't imagine a full grown adult being this rude and unsportsman-like. At least I hope it's a child, otherwise an attitude like that should get them banned from competition. It's just so tacky and rude!
But on the flip side if it's a child with a highly entitled opinion of themselves, then they have proven talent for sure. They just need to learn some decent manners, respect, humility and kindness.

Love the game. If I might suggest spiders to get some tlc... since the recent improvements to the game (wall climbing, grappling hook, ziplines). I'd like to propose giving spiders a revamp. Also if you could make them look more like a wandering spider (wolfspider or a birdeater). 
     To add to that even create two subspecies and have one specialize as a trapper/webspinner (more frail and less moble but has heavy duty webslinging) and the other a hunter/wanderer (more tough and moble, jumping with only a grappling hook ability).
Also if scorpions could be bigger? That stinger looks awkward almost getting me in the head every sting.... a grab would be great too.
And finally players. It's weird not having a walk animation, maybe a limited climb to get away from predators, and just a request for weapons like a greatsword with a tek version that shoots blasts forward about 8 to 10 meters, tekpolearms and lances that shoot tek beams or projectiles (while still having a melee).
Once again loved watching you guys evolve and put a great game together. Thanks.
Aarkan117
LOVE the ideas! Really love the spider suggestions! Oh I hope this happens!

2 hours ago, spiritpaw said:
On 2/22/2018 at 4:09 PM, Aarkan said:
Aarkan117

LOVE the ideas! Really love the spider suggestions! Oh I hope this happens!

Yes yes yes. Also hope plesiosaurs can come on land but are sluggish, flier swim but are sluggish, and we get some bigger Dilophosaurs that spit actual paralyzing spit.

16 hours ago, UnfinishedRiot said:

Wow! Very sharp model! I'd like to see a blend of the two models, having the sleek energetic feel of the custom raptor, but with a little less feathers, and vertical tail feathers. 

Wow these need to be in the game. I was thinking a Giant Alligator Snapping Turtle, a bigger Eel that you can ride, and Megalodon should be way bigger and able to grab bigger animals in there jaws. Sarco and Capri should be way bigger too.

On 2/20/2018 at 12:13 AM, Bowen42997 said:

Top 5 creatures TLC I want:

#5 Hyaenodon: I want it to look like the original model before they changed it to a modern day Hyena. 

#4 Brontosaurus: They should reduces the size by 25%, change the head and skin texture. Finally change the name to Apatosaurus, their both the same creature. It was thought that the Bronto and Apato were two separate animals, but was discovered that there was a mix up with the fossils.

#3 Titanoboa: Increase the size by 25%-50%, remove the frill. Have a constricting attack like modern day Boas, Pythons and Anacondas.

#2 Pachyrhinosaurus: Change the head to look more like the real thing. Increased size by 50%.

#1 Triceratops: Change the Head to look  more like the JP triceratops. Increased size by 50%.

4: Not anymore it seems

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/back-brontosaurus-dinosaur-just-might-deserve-its-own-genus-species-science-180954892/