Community Crunch 119 & Raptor TLC!

Jen

Top 5 creatures TLC I want:
#5 Hyaenodon: I want it to look like the original model before they changed it to a modern day Hyena. 
#4 Brontosaurus: They should reduces the size by 25%, change the head and skin texture. Finally change the name to Apatosaurus, their both the same creature. It was thought that the Bronto and Apato were two separate animals, but was discovered that there was a mix up with the fossils.
#3 Titanoboa: Increase the size by 25%-50%, remove the frill. Have a constricting attack like modern day Boas, Pythons and Anacondas.
#2 Pachyrhinosaurus: Change the head to look more like the real thing. Increased size by 50%.
#1 Triceratops: Change the Head to look  more like the JP triceratops. Increased size by 50%.
I respectfully want to say I dislike all these ideas. I like that they are different and larger then life. I also LOVE the hyena look.... Please don't change it [emoji852]️

I completely agree with these two post, the feathers are definitely an improvement but the Mohawk looks rather odd on the new head, and somehow it comes off as adorable. Im not saying it has to be fully coated in feathers(although it would be greatly appreciated, perhaps an option?) but perhaps a design similar to the megalosaurus could work? It's just that now that it has realistic feathers it meshes oddly with the scales. 
As for other animals I would like to see get a tlc it would be nice to see the araneo, onyc, and dilo get a model update and more useful abilities especially for the spider and bat. 
I vote disagree with a full feathered Raptor...... Unless some were fully feathered and some weren't. I really like the reptilian look of the raptors. And I am a big Bird fan so this is not like me. [emoji4]
So she with your suggestions for the next creatures to TLC! Please DO update the dilo, onyc, and araneo.
I would love to be able to ride the onyc..... Perhaps it only can fly at night? You know like it gets sleepy in the day like the megalo?
And the araneo really needs to be able to use in like a more modern spider. Biological Zipline, and grappling hook, and climb walls. I am sure this could be done with a way to balance it out for fairness. I mean they are pretty squishy and don't breed as far as I know, so is would give them a lot more value ( yes I know it is not realistically like an ancient spider ancestor, but so what?)
And I love the Dilo. Love it's finned head and cute ferocity..... But even I just sigh and pass them over. Perhaps it should have a fear roar [emoji23] You know like a bluff buff? A yuty wanna be. And a camouflage, Soo it pops out at you suddenly from where it was hiding scares the heck out of you, then blinds you. Instead of it's silly walking out in the open thing.
Just my greatly wanted ideas......

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Wolf Angelus said:

I am curious if my stuff isn't being looked at because I have to do slideshows now as my CPU is worn out. I don't find any logical explanation why else a pixel art heart would get runner up rather than a fully functional design considering the shaping and theme were identical.

For the love of the Crunch stop complaining every single time you don't win something. You still won $150 in this Crunch and yet you still have the selfish nerve to pick apart someone elses entry in this Crunch. You have absolutely no respect for anyone else that enters this competition.

I won absolutely nothing in this Crunch, although I entered 6 pieces, yet do you see me complaining that I didn't win, or pointing fingers at other people's entries that did win just because it's similar to mine? No. That's because i'm not a selfish competitor.

P.S. The amount of thousands you've won could easily buy you a few CPU's or more. Also Valoue's box of chocolates is a very original design, more so than yet another building design.

The new raptor's arm feathers looks out of place completely. They don't fit this kind of forearm shape and posture, and they're too big. Unless walking and running animation is changed, I guarantee they will clip through raptor's tights more than old feathers. 

You have to scale down ear holes significantly, because they look quite ridiculous. Nostrils are too big slightly 

Tail's feathers looks odd. They seem to have low quality feathers. If you want to have feathers there, I suggest to do something similar that Primal Carnage Exctinction's feathered novaraptors have on their tails. 

I like more musceled legs, scale sculpting, better body proportions and eyes. I hope new eyes will not go out of their sockets this time... 

Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you guys!!!! 

This is amazing!!!!! 

I would like to say that this has just made my morning, just woke up and saw this pop up on my phone like. ?

:Jerblove: I agree that it should keep it's low level mounting capabilities but I would just like to say that it would be nice if the Raptor was to have an extra abilities like for instance(for low level purposes) If It could cloak itself within bushes or trees away from other AI creatures for a specific duration of time( if you were about to get caught by a rex for example) making the Raptor invisible In a sense. Like how the pachyrhinosaurus uses its ability to stay hidden from creatures.

Also, would the Raptor be able to get some form of scouting ability. They could be in a pack and have some of them search the area and when they find a person or something like that the Raptor makes a call and shows wear that player is. 

This would provide low level player the ability to get out of bad situations and also allow them to travel safer. Overall guys this is absolutely amazing. Keep up the good work. Love you all!!! :Jerblove:

Edited by ArkRaptorBuilder

1 hour ago, spiritpaw said:

I vote disagree with a full feathered Raptor...... Unless some were fully feathered and some weren't. I really like the reptilian look of the raptors. And I am a big Bird fan so this is not like me. emoji4.png
So she with your suggestions for the next creatures to TLC! Please DO update the dilo, onyc, and araneo.
I would love to be able to ride the onyc..... Perhaps it only can fly at night? You know like it gets sleepy in the day like the megalo?
And the araneo really needs to be able to use in like a more modern spider. Biological Zipline, and grappling hook, and climb walls. I am sure this could be done with a way to balance it out for fairness. I mean they are pretty squishy and don't breed as far as I know, so is would give them a lot more value ( yes I know it is not realistically like an ancient spider ancestor, but so what?)
And I love the Dilo. Love it's finned head and cute ferocity..... But even I just sigh and pass them over. Perhaps it should have a fear roar emoji23.png You know like a bluff buff? A yuty wanna be. And a camouflage, Soo it pops out at you suddenly from where it was hiding scares the heck out of you, then blinds you. Instead of it's silly walking out in the open thing.
Just my greatly wanted ideas......

I really like the araneo ideas, on top of that it should be able to climb ziplines and get a jump/mobility and weight boost in general. Perhaps it could also make Web traps? As for the other two the onyc could function as a hanglider when tamed, currently they are really hard to tame and the reward isn't worth the effort. For the dilo maybe a size and speed boost so that it's more reminescent of its real life variation, in fact even the one shown in the jp movie was supposedly a baby. And maybe tamed ones can alert you with their frill if something dangerous is nearby or maybe even corpses since they are typically seen as a "guard dog". 

Edited by Scorpio
  • Like 1

I know WildCard wants to have an iconic half scaly half feathery Raptor

but it just looks goofy and unnatural to look at, it looks as if it's a native american chieftain where its feathers were just attached to its body.

I saw something that might interest some of you, it's more natural looking

where the feathers seamlessly flows through its body 

but still retains some of its scaly features as well

here have a look

https://imgur.com/gallery/jLMsf9P

https://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/turkeys-are-attackiiing-rapturkeys-314984859

Edited by Kaho
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, spiritpaw said:

I respectfully want to say I dislike all these ideas. I like that they are different and larger then life. I also LOVE the hyena look.... Please don't change it emoji852.png

Anyway after the Dino patch there are so many different things happening in ark ..server lag was reduced ..and the best thing is Rex radiation is so different ..after they are working with the spinosoures this creature should be more featured like the Rex.. 

The Raptor update is just as visually underwhelming as I expected. I have never been a fan of the zombie-hands and featherlessness, and this just amplifies it. Sure the new feathers are better, but still.

The thing is, we can all see that the Raptor is nothing but a Jurassic Park homage. Down to the level up sounds and even some of the animations! If nothing else, I would DIE to see the hands corrected on all the animals that have them wrong, Rex, Giga, Yuti, Raptor....

Yeah sure, I know ARK animals are no meant to be the original ones, but Raptor, when I first saw it, was such a HUGE let down I immediately went "meh".

7 hours ago, Wolf Angelus said:

I am curious if my stuff isn't being looked at because I have to do slideshows now as my CPU is worn out. I don't find any logical explanation why else a pixel art heart would get runner up rather than a fully functional design considering the shaping and theme were identical.

You enter a contest and you expect to win every single time, and every time you don't win, you complain.

To top if off, you have the gall to bash the winner's entry..

You have to be the most self entitled, egotistical person i have yet to come across on any community board.

You need to stop entering these contests if you're such a sore loser.

The raptor has improved model quality, though the feathers are a real stain on those improvements. I would daresay the feather & scale integration has taken a step backward from where it started since now both scales & feathers are more life-like in detail and higher resolution. It looks even more toy-like than it previously did.

Definitely pushing forward a suggestion for the feathers to be adjusted so that they're more akin to quills ala the Jurassic Park 3 raptor. That visually works and could be made more densely packed to better evoke the promo-art of ARK: Survival Evolved that the raptors star in.

Velociraptors.jpg

29724bf7c3962cc66295ff0f21b430a891e86d88

maxresdefault.jpg

10 hours ago, Wolf Angelus said:

Maybe they're just uncomfortable with you making a living off game screenshots... x)