Ascension Safety

Onimusha759

So jat announced on the 3rd that theres a work around 2 safely ascend by activating a tribute based terminal or drop.  Problem is he wasnt very specific for something as important as this is.  The fact we take on the Tek Cave means weve already accessed a tribute terminal multiple times.  Obviously theres a limit to how long this work around keeps u safe, or theres things that deactivate it.  Do i hav to access a terminal  then go straight into the cave?  Does saving and quitting thn rejoining deactivate the safe period?  Since he said pc version in his announcement does that mean the work around is only good for pc users?  I just dnt want to risk losing weeks of hard work again...

44 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

So jat announced on the 3rd that theres a work around 2 safely ascend by activating a tribute based terminal or drop.  Problem is he wasnt very specific for something as important as this is.  The fact we take on the Tek Cave means weve already accessed a tribute terminal multiple times.  Obviously theres a limit to how long this work around keeps u safe, or theres things that deactivate it.  Do i hav to access a terminal  then go straight into the cave?  Does saving and quitting thn rejoining deactivate the safe period?  Since he said pc version in his announcement does that mean the work around is only good for pc users?  I just dnt want to risk losing weeks of hard work again...

Agreed it wasn't very clear how long the 'Safe period' lasts for or how you know you're in fact 'safe' because losing your character is actually kinda a big deal and you don't want to put in so many hours leveling, doing all the bosses, completing the ascension. Just to find you've lost your character. That is one hell of a reason to quit. There is so much clarification needed here because we have put off ascending since we've seen this and have no intention of completing it till we know we're safe to do so.

7 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

Agreed it wasn't very clear how long the 'Safe period' lasts for or how you know you're in fact 'safe' because losing your character is actually kinda a big deal and you don't want to put in so many hours leveling, doing all the bosses, completing the ascension. Just to find you've lost your character. That is one hell of a reason to quit. There is so much clarification needed here because we have put off ascending since we've seen this and have no intention of completing it till we know we're safe to do so.

Its more thn just ur character tho, u lose ur trophy/achievement rewards(emotes and skins) as well as all ur notes including 1s that belong to ur other characters if u hav more thn 1.

My tribe and a few others on our server did Tek Cave 1-3 days after the loss of character bug was found and announced. What me and my tribe did was just loot a beacon closeby roughly 20-30 minutes before we started the Tek Cave, I think the server had saved at that point as well. None of the people who attended the run lost their characters but I have no clue how many of us actually accessed a beacon/obi/transmitter inventory before we went.

9 hours ago, Hakush said:

My tribe and a few others on our server did Tek Cave 1-3 days after the loss of character bug was found and announced. What me and my tribe did was just loot a beacon closeby roughly 20-30 minutes before we started the Tek Cave, I think the server had saved at that point as well. None of the people who attended the run lost their characters but I have no clue how many of us actually accessed a beacon/obi/transmitter inventory before we went.

Thanks 4 the info, apparently jat wont help but at least u did

Archived