Brontos and taming

ElHoboDiablo

Probably the most annoying thing I've come across in ark is the fact that any time you tame a dino, brontos go crazy for that poop and just wander around in circles over the tame causing a goddamn 3 hour long earthquake over the tame. And god forbid you try to kill the bronto or attack it to lure it away because of the massive aoe it will just kill your tame. Worst of all, if they get attacked by a wild dino it will kill your tame, so now you're playing defense for this walking earthquake machine so it can annoy you the entire time. Is it in the programming for brontos to wander towards knocked out creatures? Cuz it sure as hell seems like it

17 hours ago, ElHoboDiablo said:

Probably the most annoying thing I've come across in ark is the fact that any time you tame a dino, brontos go crazy for that poop and just wander around in circles over the tame causing a goddamn 3 hour long earthquake over the tame. And god forbid you try to kill the bronto or attack it to lure it away because of the massive aoe it will just kill your tame. Worst of all, if they get attacked by a wild dino it will kill your tame, so now you're playing defense for this walking earthquake machine so it can annoy you the entire time. Is it in the programming for brontos to wander towards knocked out creatures? Cuz it sure as hell seems like it

It's relatively preventable. This is why people recommend you clear an area before taming in it, and to plan your knockout. Many people use taming traps to help with this.

I have noticed that any wild herbivore seems to have serious interest in what I am doing no matter if it is taming or building or really anything where I really don't want something in my way or attracting attention. I like to take the "Murder everything I see moving approach" and it works really well.. Spike walls to be extra sure and usually pays off if it's a longer tame. 

Archived