What sort of character have you created? <Story Spoilers Inside>

Rippy

<Story spoilers follow, stop reading if you want to ascend for yourself and haven't yet>

So I was thinking about the ending of Ark. When you ascend, it becomes obvious that you are being tested for something. Is it to lead the re-colonisation of Earth? Is it to bring a bunch of people who are skilled together? Are they looking for one person, or a group of people?

I started thinking deeper in to this, some people are great at hunting dinosaurs/monsters. Some are great at protecting tribe members. Others are great at building. Some at Gathering. Rarest of all, some are great leaders. Maybe ascension is looking for these individually strong members, who also have the strength to survive.

It got me thinking, my play style of Ark normally has a small trusted group in my tribe. We ally with other smaller tribes around us, and we work together with them, while keeping everyone at arms length for trust reasons.

I don't murder innocents, though I am willing to raid other tribes who could/would pose a threat to us.

I help out new joiners to the server, providing them clothes and weapons, even though they could turn on me one day.

If I was to ascend in the goal of re-colonising the Earth or some other reason, what would my role be? 

Am I weak, because I don't murder everyone I am not sure about, or is that strength? Am I weak to ally with so many other tribes rather than taking all of their stuff for the betterment of our tribe, or is being the community leader of all of our tribes a strength?

What do you think, if your character was to ascend, based on your play style, what would be the strengths that they bring? Would they be accepted based on their personality, even though they were obviously some of the strongest? Were you a jerk who extorted other tribes rather than let humanity re-grow, or were you happy to give everything away to others, making yourself weaker though arguably better for humanity.

What is it that you think our observers are looking for in us, what qualities makes us the strongest, and would your character meet this?

They are looking for the characters with the Most patience

. Have you got it in you to grind for literally hundreds of real life days?  have you got patience to put up with being wiped and starting again?   patience to breed a 100 rexs all with the same colour and stats, patience to collect 100 spino sails and toxin and to run the same easy cave 300 times, can you stand running all your stuff to the obb every day to do a boss fight where you just spam attack for ten minutes? Or wait 6 hours for a tame? Or tribe up with annoying Americans and little kids? Or literally spend months on a dead server where everyone is allied and no action happens? Can you stand constant changes to the game? Non stop bullet grinding? Or standing around soaking bullets for 10 hours? 

If you can you are the sort of person the overseer is looking for. He must not have much plans to repopulate earth as the people he is looking for must rarely have sex or go outside, so I presume he wants to make a digital world where we all exist as data and live as machines. 

3 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

They are looking for the characters with the Most patience

. Have you got it in you to grind for literally hundreds of real life days?  have you got patience to put up with being wiped and starting again?   patience to breed a 100 rexs all with the same colour and stats, patience to collect 100 spino sails and toxin and to run the same easy cave 300 times, can you stand running all your stuff to the obb every day to do a boss fight where you just spam attack for ten minutes? Or wait 6 hours for a tame? Or tribe up with annoying Americans and little kids? Or literally spend months on a dead server where everyone is allied and no action happens? Can you stand constant changes to the game? Non stop bullet grinding? Or standing around soaking bullets for 10 hours? 

If you can you are the sort of person the overseer is looking for. He must not have much plans to repopulate earth as the people he is looking for must rarely have sex or go outside, so I presume he wants to make a digital world where we all exist as data and live as machines. 

Hey! I had the sex 3 years ago!

Archived