Reaper Kings for Queen hunting

WolfBrink

In case anybody is curious about using a Reaper King to go down and use at your mount for getting impregnated and killing queens, it's definately the best option I've used so far. Only making a post because I used to wonder and never saw any videos or topics supporting it.

I was skeptical because of the whole charge light aspect, but Kings absolutely destroy queens. I easily fight 3 queens at a time solo with my King with my charge light on. The king kills about 3x faster than any of my rock drakes, and yes I'm on official. The other plus is I haven't had an Arthropluera OR purlovia be able to hit me or knock me off so the fact they have trouble hitting you while on a reaper makes for a safer experience.

Only tip is to put your back to a wall, or fight on a sloped hill while on the high ground because the queens tail swipe throws your reaper king really far otherwise. Just get in a good position and stay underneath her as best as possible, keep walking forward while attacking. Queens use their tail swipe every 4th attack it seems. Heal up on charge plants inbetween fights when needed.

When getting impregnated, wait for her to bend over and scream, then (obviously while she has the red glow) dismount and remount and she will eventually grab you from your reaper.

Hope it helps someone who's already obtained their 1st reaper and is curious about using it down there :)

Yep! Had many a debate on the use of a reaper vs the drake; reaper is superior.

Fun fact: Reapers allow you to swim through the pink goo relatively unharmed. Since they cannot sink, they float, and take a very small amount of damage. Since you yourself are not underwater, it does not break your hazmat or glowpet, unless you dived in (in which case both will take a slight amount of damage upon hitting the water). If you walk into a stream, your reaper will be a little hurt but you can get to those harder to reach queens that are in the water. Also, reapers dont forcibly dismount you if you are hit by the jellyfish in that water.

Be careful; as of this current version it is still possible to get pushed under the map on a reaper by queens. This always happens upon the queen's death, when she falls through the world and can potentially drag you down too. I recommend backing off for the finishing blow, and not being right under it at that moment, to avoid such a circumstance.

47 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Yep! Had many a debate on the use of a reaper vs the drake; reaper is superior.

Fun fact: Reapers allow you to swim through the pink goo relatively unharmed. Since they cannot sink, they float, and take a very small amount of damage. Since you yourself are not underwater, it does not break your hazmat or glowpet, unless you dived in (in which case both will take a slight amount of damage upon hitting the water). If you walk into a stream, your reaper will be a little hurt but you can get to those harder to reach queens that are in the water. Also, reapers dont forcibly dismount you if you are hit by the jellyfish in that water.

Be careful; as of this current version it is still possible to get pushed under the map on a reaper by queens. This always happens upon the queen's death, when she falls through the world and can potentially drag you down too. I recommend backing off for the finishing blow, and not being right under it at that moment, to avoid such a circumstance.

Good tips! I've been pushed under the mesh 5 or 6 times on my drake but eventually popped out. Haven't been pulled under by queens yet and I'm pry over 150 kills now 100 on my reaper. I'm just super lucky! (did a 12 hour spree during Vday trying to get a high level, worst luck ever)

10 minutes ago, WolfBrink said:

Good tips! I've been pushed under the mesh 5 or 6 times on my drake but eventually popped out. Haven't been pulled under by queens yet and I'm pry over 150 kills now 100 on my reaper. I'm just super lucky! (did a 12 hour spree during Vday trying to get a high level, worst luck ever)

Oh it is still rare :) mine is at 500k xp and still surviving :D just saying it happened to my friends a few times recently. And yea, i tried too... my friends got like 4 high color vday reapers lol

40 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Curious. What is your Reaper Level And its stat? And the queens you were often killing, what are their common level you constantly kill?

Also, Does it have to be your own Reaper and no one else to make it count?

My lowest level king came from a 125 queen and I went hunting with him right away after full imprint to level him. You can kill queens, in my experience, with the 20k hp and 350-400ish dmg they come with after imprinting. 

When killing queens i have all kinds of levels attacking me. I think the craziest was 4 queens, two were 120s, a 90 and a 25 if I remember correctly. Had me paranoid for sure but my King didn't struggle much with it. But I've killed all from level 5 to 145. Always get the 150s.

As for my primary reaper king, he's sitting at 40k HP and 705 damage so far and he started from a 150 queen.

Yes I recommend using your own reaper to get the imprint bonus when riding it. The 30% boost in def and dmg is very nice. I've never bothered to try on a non imprinted reaper.

Non-imprinted works aswell but it really struggles unless it has really good stats, after all the imprint buff gives you a 60% difference of damage takien in the fight (because you take 30% less and kill the queen 30% faster).

I'm on PvE so I only ever pump melee on my reapers and even the pooptiest ones I've raised (which were all the 140+ so far....) can kill a queen with the imprint buff, my best reaper (125+75 with 343% base melee) can take on 4-5 queens at the same time if they're low-ish lvl, though I prefer not to haha.

Regarding the element water ... if youre fighting a queen in the water be careful because the tail attack will more often than not knock you below the surface and that will likely kill your light pet.

nice thread some good info from wazaa and OP.

Will take my Melee king down there today. To get some levels for my baby. I have 30k and am pumping straight melee into him.

Had 315 melee at birth which generally mine have had about 250 ish give or take. I have about 6 tho and have 2 120's,  2 140s and a 145. Messed up the 150 when I was learning how to get pregnant lol. I also killed a 145 where the queen had 53k (most have about 50k) which was the most I have ever seen. Beat Rockwell and didn't know about it ascending/respawning your character.

1 hour ago, Doth said:

So are we 100% sure that purlovia can't hit you off. I haven't tested it yet. This is major since this is really the only way you lose your baby when farming queens for xp.

Purlovias don't even aggro on your reaper.

And if something knocks you off, it's back is so large you just stay standing on top of it.

Took mine down there. Have about 600 melee on my reaper now lol the only thing that I don't like about taking  a reaper is not being able to mag glass it and shotgun it for xp.

Getting prego I would take the reaper but to level my baby I would take a rock drake.

took me about 2-3 times longer since I couldn't directly get the xp on my character.

3 hours ago, Doth said:

So are we 100% sure that purlovia can't hit you off. I haven't tested it yet. This is major since this is really the only way you lose your baby when farming queens for xp.

Not 100%. My buddy had a purlovia knock him off his reaper but it was situational. The purlovia aggroed the queen because she hit it with her tail swipe, the purlovia attacked the queen and when he was hitting the queen, he hit the purlovia, which caused one to jump out of the mountain next to him and knick him off. 

I personally have had 5ish purlovia jump up at me from ground level (after I attacked the one wandering above ground) and they couldn't knock me off. But if it jumps out of the mountain higher up then maybe.

As for arthos, never had one break my suit on the reaper. Only on my rock drake.

51 minutes ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Took mine down there. Have about 600 melee on my reaper now lol the only thing that I don't like about taking  a reaper is not being able to mag glass it and shotgun it for xp.

Getting prego I would take the reaper but to level my baby I would take a rock drake.

took me about 2-3 times longer since I couldn't directly get the xp on my character.

On my reaper it takes me on average 50 minutes to an hour to get +75 levels on my baby. And that's killing level 5-95 queens. If I get lucky and kill a 120 or 130 or 2 I have it done in no time at all.

Rock drakes take to long to kill the queens IMO, thus makes it take a lot longer in my experience.

1 hour ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

If you know where queens spawn you can do a circle around the surface exit to red ob and run with a reaper, encountering over 6 queens per cycle. No need to use a drake with a much lower dps.

Archived