thylas Devs Ruin thylas... -_-

Guest chancho33015

On 2/18/2018 at 5:28 AM, chancho33015 said:

Well....if this is a survival game it fails easy by your definition. There isn't a challenge that comes from the actual game it self. The only thing challenging come from other players. This game was clearly design as a platform...not as a survival driven game. It is easy. With or without dinos. So...what is your point?
My point...is why making things annoying...and that they should stop thinking about making players grind unnecessarily.
Your move pikachu lol

Alright, Snorlax, I'll have a go:

If your opinion is that the requirements to survive in this survival game are annoying or unnecessarily grindy, then you should play a mode with different rates rather than assuming your opinion matters enough to warrant the developers re-tuning the game to meet your specifications.

On 17.2.2018 at 8:49 PM, chancho33015 said:

So, thylas on centermap used to be able to climb the lava cave and the ice cave...now they cant...i mean, what else can we say bout ark...they like to "make dinos usless"...great job. Sad...no more #thylapower

You ruin thylas Devs...good job lol...one less usefull dino.

No and Nope... thats what i can answer to your statement. As a matter of fact you can still climb the ice cave drop with a tyla, up and down. Just did it yesterday, twice.

And for the lava cave : why would you want to climb down there with a tyla, if you can actually FLY till the bottom of the lava cave entrance on official servers?

As of Sunday, I can confirm the Thyla can still climb up the vertical wall from the artifact in the North Ice cave. I did it as did my tribemate. Dont get me wrong, it was a pain in the ass and I kept falling back from a particular ledge but I finally made it after 5-7 mins or so of constantly pressing spacebar.

Tip - take the Thyla in, drop down using a harness and zip line. I havent come across any Yetis or anything down there. Collect Artifact - use harness to get back up and then use the Thyla for the rest of the cave.

West Lava Cave - go on foot.  It's one of the easiest caves on that map.  VERY few spawns and a couple spots with really easy jumps that, if you fall, you just take a little fall damage and get to try again.  You can shoot most of the wilds in there from safety and get them to fall somewhere harmless or easily kill them with stone or flame arrows.

East Lava Cave - Go in with a ptera.  At the bottom of the big drop, you can park the ptera on the right wall.  There's a little lip you can land on and jump off, taking minimal fall damage.  Bring a few grapple hooks for extra safety when you get back after your run.  Go in with a simple pistol with a scope and like 100 bullets.  Stack of rockarrot or other adv veggie and guile.  You have to fight nothing in this cave.  You can shoot everything from afar and get it to fall into the lava.  The beginning room can be a bit of a challenge, but just run past everything and it will all fall into the lava.  Have stimulant on you in case you get hit by a snake.  I do this on foot all the time, both sides.  On the way in I use a chute or two and float right over a lot of the lava.

The small ice cave - Can also be done on foot, but a bear works too.  Use the pools to your advantage.  If on foot, have a couple scuba tanks with you.  You can jump down into the water from the starter ramp.  If you want to kill everything in there, get them all to follow you into the water.  They don't have scuba tanks.  They will all drown.  Swim to one of the two openings, shoot everything with 1 bullet and drag it all to the pools.  Wait a second while they're in the water and they will start sinking and eventually drown.  You can even sword/pike most of the stuff as its drowning to get the XP.  If you want to use a bear, just feed it a laz chowder for the underwater parts.  DO NOT drop a tame down into the one artifact side.  You need to chute down and  grapple out.

I honestly don't recall thylas every being able to scale those caves... Every time I go farm Clever on the Center (leave my thyla at the top, parachute down, grapple back up) I always get to say hello to the poor thylas that have been abandoned down there because they couldn't climb back out. :P 

Mildly off topic: Anyone know if Rock Drakes can scale that cave? I don't really have a desire to try, but someone on our server did.  He botched it and managed to drown the thing, though.

This kinda reminds me of how they introduced the Megatherium hyping it up as the ultimate bug killer, which in turn made everyone think ULTIMATE CAVE DIVER.  Then it turns out the Megtherium can't fit into any of the islands caves and make it back out.  I think it can fit into the carno island cave but it can't get back out afterwards.  Oh lordy these cave designs.

Archived