Server taxes

SmokeyB

13 minutes ago, onedudesmind said:

LOL just move servers , Alpha Tribes are a joke. You give a buncha kids a tiny bit of power and they go nutz with it. Buncha people with absolutely no real power in their lives, making pretend rules in a pretend world.

But have you ever been on a server with no alpha? It's chaos, just a war zone like wild west no one can get anywhere on a server like that. 

11 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Yeah but from this talk not many people seem interested, I would have thought small tribes would be jumping at the chance to not get wiped. 

Only a small, challenged fraction of the player base uses these forums. More use twitter and and a smaller fraction, Reddit. Use twitter and see what responses you'll get. If you do decide to implement this system, please PM me as I very much desire to to document it lol. Whether or not people as a majority prefer this or not, it's definitely a system worth trying for the sake of experimenting. 

The biggest tax I've ever paid was a 1 time 10cp payment, and even then we almost said "screw you " and started guerilla warfare, but it turns out this tribe kept the tax relatively low just to use it to weed out the tribes that were good and they were very reliable for help if anyone ever tried to raid others on the server. 

14 minutes ago, danjocon said:

The biggest tax I've ever paid was a 1 time 10cp payment, and even then we almost said "screw you " and started guerilla warfare, but it turns out this tribe kept the tax relatively low just to use it to weed out the tribes that were good and they were very reliable for help if anyone ever tried to raid others on the server. 

Lol 10cp it's not worth flying to your base for 

How about pve players? Would you grind 10k bullets a week for the chance to play on a server with dino pickup enabled, no pillars, no server tame cap and no bases spread across the map? Seems to be what every pve player is asking for, I've even seen some ask to pay real money for what we are offering. Plus if pve players love breeding loads of dinos with mad stats to never use bonus we will definitely have a use for all of them and would probably take Tames instead of bullets from good breeders. 

11 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

How about pve players? Would you grind 10k bullets a week for the chance to play on a server with dino pickup enabled, no pillars, no server tame cap and no bases spread across the map? Seems to be what every pve player is asking for, I've even seen some ask to pay real money for what we are offering. Plus if pve players love breeding loads of dinos with mad stats to never use bonus we will definitely have a use for all of them and would probably take Tames instead of bullets from good breeders. 

Or they just rent a unofficial server. ^^

8 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Have you ever had dealings with actual police? They don't do poop, just turn up after and take statements, they don't prevent nothing. 

Heh, you're not really selling it. Look I appreciate you've come asking for feedback before just forcing it on a sever but this just makes you sound like yet another oppressive, megalomaniac alpha and lord knows the game does not need any more of those. This is far from a new idea and is already implemented by all the worst alphas.

All this would achieve is to extort resources for yourself and leave the rest of the server defenceless with their measley 20 turrets. Raiders would turn up, loot smaller tribes and be gone off server before you can even react. These tribes then all have to rely on you keeping your promise of helping them rebuild in an awful never ending cycle. Not to mention 10k bullets for a newer solo player is ridiculous even if you do give them a forge/bench. No, just.. no.

Archived