New Servers Soon... but how many?

DeningWei

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Pas said:

I dont think its wise to add new clusters than they force ppl to start over again.

It's not always about veteran players. There are also a lot of new players, especially after the sale, that can't tame anything on PvE servers or I imagine do much of anything on the really old PvP servers. There also returning players from ye olden days such as myself that would prefer to play the game as intended without a dino cap and world of pillars. If they add new servers that allow immediate transfers from old servers they're going to fill up instantly with pillars and dinos of tribes from other servers and nothing will change. I know there's a large number of tribes just waiting to do so.

Just now, Pas said:

yes and those players suffered the tamecap for months they dont deserve new servers ?

Deserve new servers to store their excessive number of dinos on at the expense of the local server? No. In fact I'd prefer if they would simply remove off-server dinos on servers that player doesn't play on. Blue obelisk on Rangarok is covered in hundreds of dinos from other servers that people just store there to avoid the cap on their own server. It's a cancer.

The players you're talking about are the cause of their own problem; Taming far more than they need to and then hanging onto those tames forever. On my own server there are bases with 40+ T-rexes and Wyverns in a single tribe. There's no reason to have that. If people are so gung-ho to be the only player with massive numbers of dinos they should stick to single player.

10 minutes ago, TheDrizzle404 said:

Deserve new servers to store their excessive number of dinos on at the expense of the local server? No. In fact I'd prefer if they would simply remove off-server dinos on servers that player doesn't play on. Blue obelisk on Rangarok is covered in hundreds of dinos from other servers that people just store there to avoid the cap on their own server. It's a cancer.

The players you're talking about are the cause of their own problem; Taming far more than they need to and then hanging onto those tames forever. On my own server there are bases with 40+ T-rexes and Wyverns in a single tribe. There's no reason to have that. If people are so gung-ho to be the only player with massive numbers of dinos they should stick to single player.

Well there is, you need to do a certain breeding before you get good enough rexes for a boss fight, btw you take 20 rexes up that might all get killed.

the problem is not the taming cap but the non existence of a tribal cap, too many tribes with less than 500 dinos get the server to fill up, if there was a tribal limit +non tribe people limit, that would be something that would work, also for storing dinos, its hard to track across servers if people are in a tribe in this server and in another tribe with other people on another server... so how are they supposedd to track that, just saying

14 minutes ago, Pas said:

so there is no reason for a tribe to have 40 rexes huh ? :D

I had 160 rexs on legacy for breeding purposes, I have 6 here, cant even breed em for a boss fight since my server is capped
PS: it takes about 14-15 tribes with 500 tames to cap it, considering there's about 120 players(60-80 active/semi active with dinos) its a GG preety quickly....

Yea I know was being sarcastic. He only sees it his way. There are many ways to play the game. If you breed having alot of creature is a must else its time consuming beyond believe. Some ppl love color mutations and have 50 direwolfs cause they like them and to increase the chance of mutations is that wrong ? Ofc not. And there are so many creatures what if you wanna build your own zoo you easily reach 300/400 creatures than. Who is he to say they cant play the game that way. Hell I know someone who loves jerboa's prolly has around 150 of them. Do I think she is crazy yea a little bit and not @ all. Its all in the game and within the lines. They had enough servers before the launch they should have made sure they had enough after. And if they cant deal with it this way they need to change it and be transparant about it. Said it many times before I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee for official servers and I've heard the same from several ppl. I like this game alot and for the time I play its a small price to pay.

Archived