New Servers Soon... but how many?

DeningWei

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's do some quick math:

~125 PC legacy servers are being killed.

there are currently 55 Aberration servers across all regions and game modes according to my list.

Let's assume the same number of 55 servers will be assigned to the new DLC.

I'm sure we will only see a fraction of those remaining 70 servers recycled into the other maps.

At this point I'll take whatever servers I can get to help relieve the tame cap issues plaguing most current servers.

All 3 of my current maps are capped, not much left to do...

18 hours ago, Demerus said:

I'm sure we will only see a fraction of those remaining 70 servers recycled into the other maps.

If those 70 servers will devide 3 maps on PVE  ( The Island, The Center and Ragnarok) we should be fine and capfree for a long time ( I hope). 

Imo, Aberration and SE dont need new servers. Same as PvP mode. 

On 05.03.2018 at 11:42 AM, Lickimus said:

How do you know? Cant find any official statement.

We'll be starting off by working on bringing these specific Legacy Servers offline in the early morning, and by the end of the evening, we'll have a launched a bunch of new Official Servers across all platforms.

I sure they will share all same cluster, as was with any other new servers which they added.

3 hours ago, CatInFire said:

We'll be starting off by working on bringing these specific Legacy Servers offline in the early morning, and by the end of the evening, we'll have a launched a bunch of new Official Servers across all platforms.

I sure they will share all same cluster, as was with any other new servers which they added.

I dont know about PVP but all the PVE servers I play on is not even half full of players any time on the day. Instead they should do something about hoarding dinos people never use, think 500 is to high tribe limit...

since wildcard stated that they still havent figure out what to do with legacy servers that will be wiped in 2 days, what do you think they should do with them?

i think they should start new official cluster with tribes limited up to 10 people and no alliances. most made of island and ragnarok maps with few se, aberration and center. im super sure that small tribes official cluster will be more popular than current one. more and more people seems to like small tribes cluster idea

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

since wildcard stated that they still havent figure out what to do with legacy servers that will be wiped in 2 days, what do you think they should do with them?

i think they should start new official cluster with tribes limited up to 10 people and no alliances. most made of island and ragnarok maps with few se, aberration and center. im super sure that small tribes official cluster will be more popular than current one. more and more people seems to like small tribes cluster idea

They clearly stated here what they are going to do. 

2 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

You seem to be too focused on the PVP side of the game, dont forget there is also PVE...

• Volunteer Moderator
25 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

and i would say that there is still time to make smarter thing with them. lets tag @TheRightHand so they can see

Yeah... let's tag the Technical/Gameplay Designer that last visited these forums about 2 months ago to suggest changes on something taking place in 2 days, good idea. ^_^

On 2/25/2018 at 11:00 AM, Tippierswine122 said:

The Xbox Server Wipe is on March 9th and they are using those servers to make new servers on the non legacy network, I am wondering if the new servers will be up on march 9th? If not, when will they be up?

This is from the community crunch, basically says servers will be going down early morning and it will take most of the day to get the new ones up. It most likely wont be all at once. Probably a few at a time.

"This will be our final warning regarding the second deprecation of some of our legacy servers! It will take place on Friday, 9th of March. We'll be starting off by working on bringing these specific Legacy Servers offline in the early morning, and by the end of the evening, we'll have a launched a bunch of new Official Servers across all platforms. The save files for the PC servers will be made available on Friday the 9th, and we'll be working with Nitrado to get the console ones online as soon as possible! If you are a player on the Official Legacy Server Network please read the full post at the link below for more information as well as a list of which Legacy servers are being taken down permanently."

Hi guys, so this question is mainly to the mods and devs, but feel free to speculate.

1: Are the new, repurposed servers that are going to be added, going to be on a new cluster or on an existing cluster? 

2: if they are on the same cluster as the majority of official servers, will you close off item/dino transfers?

I have to say, the most fun part about ark is the firsr couple months, after that its just laggy servers laggy mega raids and meatruns on breeding caves... Hopefully they make a new cluster.

Cheers.

Just wondering if you could provide some more info regarding this second round of legacy shutdowns and new servers.

Everyone knows how much we've all official players, particularly those of us in the OC region, have been struggling with capped servers. Many OC servers on the new official cluster were capped within a month of launch.

It's only now, that I've looked through the list of servers you're shutting now, that I see just how many legacy servers have been left compared to the number of servers you launched on the new cluster. How did you allow this situation to happen?

For example, there are currently just 2 PVE Island servers in the new cluster, yet there are 18 in the legacy cluster. Both those 2 servers have been capped and therefore unusable by new players since long before Christmas. The environment between players on those servers is completely toxic as everyone fights like rabid dogs because nobody can tame or breed anything.

So I really hope WC will take more than just a token 1 or 2 of those legacy servers and relaunch them. I'd say you'd need at least 10 spread across all maps to ease the crowding issues and make the game playable for new players again.

Please do the right thing WC!

21 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Yeah... let's tag the Technical/Gameplay Designer that last visited these forums about 2 months ago to suggest changes on something taking place in 2 days, good idea. ^_^

well he is only one ever replied to players from wildcard. if wildcard actually visit there own forum maybe we would have so much issues with ark :D

Archived