New Servers Soon... but how many?

DeningWei

Well we have seen the kill list of all the servers that are going to get cut from legacy, but there doesn't seem to be much info on new servers.

What does everyone think, should those deleted servers ALL be recycled into the new servers to alleviate overcrowding? Or are that many servers not needed?  WC could just recycle less than half the deleted servers like they did the last time.  How many new servers do we actually need?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

The only info given so far is the following:

On 2/10/2018 at 4:14 PM, Jen said:

Allocation of New Servers
We know you are all very curious about this, but we don’t have this information ready to share quite yet. What I can tell you is that we plan to continue to support all current existing game modes in some capacity, so you won’t lose access to your favourite way to play the game. This means that lower population token servers won't be deleted if they are the only server of that gamemode. We will be mainly focusing our efforts on strictly PVP and PVE servers on all maps, but will allocate servers to the other game modes based on their popularity.

Though I'm fairly sure a bunch of the servers will be reserved for the upcoming DLC.

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

The only info given so far is the following:

Though I'm fairly sure a bunch of the servers will be reserved for the upcoming DLC.

Would be nice if they all went to either the new servers or DLC.  Last time I believe the new servers plus aberration servers amounted to about half the deleted servers from my count.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Would be nice if they all went to either the new servers or DLC.  Last time I believe the new servers plus aberration servers amounted to about half the deleted servers from my count.

I have no idea of the exact numbers but if I had to guess, I would say that they were SE servers. When they release it, they opened hundreds and hundreds of them and they were for the major part averaging 0 to 1 players a month or so and that way before they became "legacy". :P

46 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I have no idea of the exact numbers but if I had to guess, I would say that they were SE servers. When they release it, they opened hundreds and hundreds of them and they were for the major part averaging 0 to 1 players a month or so and that way before they became "legacy". :P

Yep that's true there were quite a few servers with one or none active players at any one time ?... So we are getting close to a good number of servers, a handful more might do the trick ?

People still want to play on Ragnarok so they should definitely assign some of those servers that way. Our Ragnarok server gets at least 6 new people who want to join everyday (that's in the 3 hours I play during my work week so even more on the weekend/my long game days) and we have to keep telling them we are at or near dino cap and there is very few spots to build. Some try to stick around but most end up leaving again. Open more PVE Ragnarok servers WC. 

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

People still want to play on Ragnarok so they should definitely assign some of those servers that way. Our Ragnarok server gets at least 6 new people who want to join everyday (that's in the 3 hours I play during my work week so even more on the weekend/my long game days) and we have to keep telling them we are at or near dino cap and there is very few spots to build. Some try to stick around but most end up leaving again. Open more PVE Ragnarok servers WC. 

Same on my island server, we get a few newbies every day who can't tame anything. The established players get quite toxic towards new players, it's sad.

5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Same for Island/The Center unfortunately :(

12 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Same for Island/The Center unfortunately :(

On PS4 anyway, I've never had any issues finding spot to build or unpillared land or bringing in tames with the different servers i go to like the Island, the Center and Scorched Earth (I trade pretty frequently and usually bring tames not take) but each Rag server I visit often times trades are stalled until cap lowers and when I spawn in, it's a glorious sea of pillars. Look I'm on the side of responsible pillaring and have been quite vocal and supportive of it the problem is responsible is few and far between when it comes to humans. 

Tame cap, I use to be on the side of limit yourself, make sacrifices but a combination of other people not doing the same and as one forum member said, "it's the game we play", and they were right. In PvE especially the name of the game is building and taming/breeding so as long as WC has deemed the tribe limit 500, how can you be mad at a person playing within the rules?

That's digressing though. lol. 

While I know a lot of the negative crowd will throw out how new servers will face same problems in matter of months, maybe but maybe not. At the very least it may give some of the newer crowd a chance to actually play the game rather than being bashed in chat for having the gall to step on the server (I don't bash, I gently encourage them to get off my lawn and tell them horror stories of more ferocious players on my server) and WC is giving ample prep time on this one.

2x is going. Time to grind if you want to build. New servers will be a very welcoming addition. 

6 hours ago, Tippierswine122 said:

The Xbox Server Wipe is on March 9th and they are using those servers to make new servers on the non legacy network, I am wondering if the new servers will be up on march 9th? If not, when will they be up?

No one really knows but it isnt an instant thing. When they started the new servers they did it in waves and each wave took hours. Dont expect it fast

I hope the new servers can not be traveled by existing servers? Because then a new beginning is impossible - if existing tribes from other servers to the new change and besiege everything and come with strong dinos.
If you want to play for example on an existing official server PVP / PVE which already has about 3,000 Days , it is impossible to play games sensibly:
On PVP servers you are extinguished after 1 week
and on PVE servers, everything is full with Pillars  and the server capacity is full. You can not Tame Animals !!!

Therefore, I hope for the new server from 9.3.2018 start

7 hours ago, joadoor said:
I hope the new servers can not be traveled by existing servers? Because then a new beginning is impossible - if existing tribes from other servers to the new change and besiege everything and come with strong dinos.
If you want to play for example on an existing official server PVP / PVE which already has about 3,000 Days , it is impossible to play games sensibly:
On PVP servers you are extinguished after 1 week
and on PVE servers, everything is full with Pillars  and the server capacity is full. You can not Tame Animals !!!

Therefore, I hope for the new server from 9.3.2018 start

They will be part of the non legacy server cluster. So they will be open to transfer to. There may be a few oddball servers added also like an isolated server or if you see a server called cluster they are limited to transfer between the servers on its cluster, usually 5 servers 1 for each map. 

As I say to anyone who is tired of the cancer that is official, you should consider unofficial. For xbox there is over double the amount of unofficial Nitrado hosted servers. Something like 12,000 servers. Im sure you could find one that would fit your needs.

Has WC or anyone seen or posted if we are getting new servers after the Legacy kill of on the 9th . I find it rather worrying that WC has not posted anything about respacing these servers too accommodate the huge overcrowding on the Official Servers. Sick of the caps and tame limits I know I am come WC its a simple question are you respacing these old servers or just we just muddle on in the complete mess you have created. 

Rag and The Island Servers are all capped and crowded 99% of the Time all the new Aberration servers are emptying out as players have dam near finished it out and are bored with its and are now moving back too the Island and Rag and bringing all there Abbr dino's with them which is adding too the problem on Rag and the Island. The center and SE pops are balanced and low. Fix the Balance WC. More Rag and Island Servers needed urgent.........

• Volunteer Moderator

Their official statement is the following:

On 2/10/2018 at 4:14 PM, Jen said:

Allocation of New Servers
We know you are all very curious about this, but we don’t have this information ready to share quite yet. What I can tell you is that we plan to continue to support all current existing game modes in some capacity, so you won’t lose access to your favourite way to play the game. This means that lower population token servers won't be deleted if they are the only server of that gamemode. We will be mainly focusing our efforts on strictly PVP and PVE servers on all maps, but will allocate servers to the other game modes based on their popularity.

They will sure make an announcement once they know; no need to spam or harass them for a response.

43 minutes ago, espirit52 said:

the complete mess you have created. 

Sorry but, YOU created that mess along with other players by hoarding thousands of creatures bypassing the tame limit with alts, etc. New servers won't help for long, see them being capped within a week.

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Their official statement is the following:

They will sure make an announcement once they know; no need to spam or harass them for a response.

Sorry but, YOU created that mess along with other players by hoarding thousands of creatures bypassing the tame limit with alts, etc. New servers won't help for long, see them being capped within a week.

then can you explain to all of us why we didnt have this problem in legacy with breeding events almost every weekend.

Disclaimer : Conspiracy theory only.

The older servers didn't have a dino cap problem because they were running on different hardware. The name of the game now that ARK had been out for so long and isnt selling as much, as well as under new management, is profit.

No company will keep servers running if they are not being used. Its a waste of cash, the flow of which has mostly dried up. If they close 200 servers and bring back up 50 of them on cheaper hardware they save 75% or more on their bills, and can resell the old hardware.

Also, without looking at player statistics I am positive less people play ARK now, They got bored. I have seen big bases, rectangle name bases and normal name bases, be allowed to decay. Nothing but tech doors left floating in air.

Even if people log in to feed dinos, thus inflating the numbers of active players, they are not "playing."

Aberration was a fun map, for a month or so, then everyone ran out of things to do. It looks really good, the best one imo. It just suffers from lack of diversity in dinos, and the huge lower area being, for most intents and purposes, useless. Same as the surface. Again, this was done to allow the map to run smoother on older less powerful hardware.

Remember, this is all just a possibility, not iron clad truth.

We created the mess some of us don't. My tribe has under 150 dino's on rag and keep it that way.  You say that you are not prepared too state what is going too happen. I think it is either a case of nothing is planned to happen other than the kill off of the old servers. Or I really hope you guys prove me wrong.  I have been in the video gaming in Australia and operating in a various number of roles from forum Moderator to GM to Net Operator and Admin Officer conducting  wars on a day to day basis. Yet in all my years I have never seen such rubbish that you people dish out to this community without any explanation at all.  Do you intend to keep this game going or just wind it down slowly until you only have short term players left.  You don't fix the tame caps so the players cant tame or breed , they cant move anywhere because its the same story everywhere. So build and build and the server gets laggier and the rendering takes longer. The simple fix is more servers needed guys. Take a ticket out of WOW and show heavily populated servers and capped servers and people wont go there. MORE SERVERS NEEDED IS THE SIMPLE ANSWER. 

And yes it is your mess because you don't pay enough attention too the trends and control the flow of the game , after all its is your software is it not .

open new servers and disable transfer on them for a few weeks/months. that will prevent the chinese from storing dino's on them.
and then guide new players to these servers. but again its to late for these solutions since a ton of new players have already settled on tame capped servers, making the tame cap so much tighter.
last 2 weeks 2 fanatic arkers have left the game in misery from our server. sad.

Archived