Valentine's Day Fail :(

Drackus

Anyone else feel screwed over by the V-Day event only being two days in the middle of the week? I was super excited for it, but have been stuck at work and didn't get to enjoy it at all. Ends in a couple hours, right as I get off work for the weekend and would be able to enjoy it.... Breeding is one of my favorite things in this game [emoji24]

It's the same event that happened last year. The cakes disappear after the event nothing changed from last years event. Not everyone works 9-5 m-f ... so some people probably enjoyed having it during the week.
I remember last year with the box o chocolates remaining after the event. I play on Xbox, was it different for PC or am I remembering wrong?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:
14 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:
It's the same event that happened last year. The cakes disappear after the event nothing changed from last years event. Not everyone works 9-5 m-f ... so some people probably enjoyed having it during the week.

I remember last year with the box o chocolates remaining after the event. I play on Xbox, was it different for PC or am I remembering wrong?

I'm pretty sure they were deleted after the event but I could be mistaken. 

Edit found a post from last year. They were removed after the event as well.

30 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

I worked my ass off to get 6 cakes and now all of them have disappeared already? Their wasn't anything about it only lasting on the event. Tbh that's Some B.S. I had them in the fridge so They did not spoil already

It very clearly states in the announcement thread about it

• Tames have a 5% chance to drop a Valentine's Cake when they mate. A Valentine's Cake can be used for a Full Heal or to advance 50% of a creature's taming affinity bar. Must be used during the event.

I didn't mind the timing of the event. People always forget that today's society the norm is 24 hour companies so a lot of weekend workers and staggered shifts. These people deserve an event too. 

My biggest complaints come from a late start, though WC did try and make up for that by extending the event, but in our case particularly our server down for 9 hours after they had to shut down the server to put in the chocolate eggs or whatever they were (PS4). This cost me A) completion of my Quetzal's and Yuty's which would have finished if the server had ran for those 9 hours (were 4 hours short of completing on 3x) and killing my imprint chance by turning the event off 12 minutes before the next imprint. That means my imprint went from what would have been 94% on all of them to 84%. 

As a very active trader that is frustrating to not be able to tout these 90+% imprinted dino's to the buyers. It doesn't really reduce the price, it's more of a point of pride and reputation. 

Grand scheme: It doesn't matter, more of a personal annoyance. Doesn't break the game and really I wouldn't have raised them if not for 3x. I've been more sticking to selling eggs and hatching and raising for stat mutations or killing if not mutated. Still an annoyance factor and poorly executed between the late start and the server issues. 

I am one of the few that thought the Xmas event was fun and executed fairly well. The Halloween event was just awful. The V-day event had some ups but a little too many downs. 

I'd rather skip the events than get flawed events. If you're going to do events in the future, they should be well tested beforehand or just skipped to avoid adding additional flaws to these servers. 

last year was a whole week, and it soon became my  favorite event we not only had 3 times breeding but also 3  times more chance to mutation. we had time  to plan and  breed  and tame.  and  was time enough for  even those with working hours.   and  while i did breed this event.  it isnt  but  a cheap version  of what last year was.

i dont want to say it was a bad event.  but  it  feels rather  disapointing... i  was  looking foward  to it.

Yeah. Damn those stupid calendar makers for putting February 14th on a Wednesday. I think we should protest the calendar making companies. Bunch of fun-ruining buttheads!!
Yea this while vday event was awful! I worked 7-4 all week. Between that and my 2yo little girl all my wife and I was able to get done was tame 1 pink vulture, 1 beautiful jeboa, 1-150 perfect tame thorny dragon, get 5 gigas to 50% mature, raise 3 Rex's, 5 spinos, 10 vultures, 6 thornys, 3 ankys, get 1 quetz to 68%, 1 frog, and 1 Allo. That was all we got out of this 72hr event! Gosh this whole thing was such a waste of time I wish they never even bothered with it!

[emoji13] [emoji4]

On 2/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, IanHighlander said:

It very clearly states in the announcement thread about it

Are you crazy? You actually want the person whining to read a post that has all the information he was too lazy to get?

What are you trying to do? Use reason and logic?

Go away crazy person! You're ruining other's ppl pointless whining!

Archived