The Center: Dead, TLC needed, or Good as is?

SirPeter

for me , center is dead for now. first exploring was cool, but no really love for details. center NEED unique stuff and se stuff and mats to stay alive. i only stand on center because of big base that needed hours of time to build. i really would like a renew of this map but i think wc dont do. they spend theyr time and money for nintendo and handy versions of ark.crap in ma opinion. and the next new dlc to get more money. center wouldnt get any attention anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I see your point, constantly adding things is cool at first but then you're left with a bunch of stuff most of which was forgotten about some of that not even finished/polished as it should have been. Like center for instance. At some point they need to stop adding new stuff so much and really keep evolving what they already have or just scrap it all and start a new game all together. There are definitely improvements to be made for all the maps that are already available so I really hope this QoL update they are planning along with the release of the extinction DLC will result with developers revisiting the existing maps and giving them the final touches they need. Even Ragnarok, my current favorite map has some things that need some serious improvements. Oceans need a lot of attention on all maps, ponds/lakes too IMO. Spawn locations, spawn counts for certain creatures would be nice to see tweaked a little better. Explorer notes, dossiers, ruins, all of these things are just some of the improvements all the maps could use. Not every single one but each map needs something more. 

I don't know their practices, but if they do allow anyone to work on the map not just the creator then yea I agree @KingScor. I can't imagine the level of difficulty that he had developing the center by himself so I don't know if he lacked eye for detail or he just didn't have time to finish? Either way as long as someone with the eye for detail would give the map some TLC that would be awesome news. Content is fun to see added but I am very happy with the TLC to creatures. Definitely excited for QoL updates coming. Hopefully they are serious and not a joke. Don't think it would be outside of the ballpark for them to do TLC update to maps.

I really liked the center map at first but the lack of unique things are just a big deterrence and with Ragnarok having the SE stuff i think the underworld has to have at least some aberration stuff. And i think there needs to be at least some kind of different/improved flyer-sea Dino and THIS is my pet peeve the underwater needs to be better lit due to my slight fear of open ocean. But the center map is still a very good map and i still love it. The biggest problem for the map is the near Bethesda level bugs and the lack of reason to make the map their main base of play. So even though it has been said in this thread they just need to make the map unique or have a unique feature  for example maybe tameable polar bears or a exclusive whale or dunky re skin?

One thing is missing at ur list peter. I think a rework of the bossfights is really important for this map. Allowing to fight every boss alone including dragon. and only as a special and not the only choice fighting brood and ape together. Cause to get all engrams u need to crosstravel with ur char to another map and everyone know how high the chance is to loose the char during transfer.

btw peter, do u got any response from wc for ur topic?

This is ignant. I have never lost a character by transferring to another server ( I play official PvP) and I transfer a minimum of 4 times a day for the past half a year or something? Infact.. I have a metal outpost.. farm metal, hold structures in my inventory and transfer my character into my base on another server. Literally everything I do is on another server. Please enlighten me though. How high are the odds? Cause I feel the odds are higher for dying in a car accident while sitting on your couch in your own home. Then again, I guess you would consider that high odds too.

Hey I saw that the original post talked about overspawning and possibly causing lag. I haven't actually played The Center since not too long after it was released, mostly because of the issue with spawn rates. To be specific, you would have packs of dino's everywhere in huge numbers and would have to wipe wild dinos 2x a day at one point to prevent crashes. Is this still an issue or is the spawn rates stable to where there aren't packs of like 40 (literal, not figurative number) Megalodons at once?

Edit: I have seen the threads (not a lot out there about it), but wondering if this is more of a wide spread issue or just an isolated thing that may have been partly due to mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Center needs to have supply drop locations added to the new western parts of the map that were introduced in 250 or so. There is not a single drop in the whole area below the ocean level, meaning western cliffs, the Ice Palace region and so on.

I'd also like to see the ocean expanded a bit, with more resources like fibre, "berries" from algae or so, metal spawns... And yes, why not some exclusive dinos - and a Boss fight that yields more element. Ragnarok is easier, IMHO - and it yields way more element. It does not feel balanced to me.

• 2 weeks later...

My take on the Center at this point is that it's a relaxation map. I've completed the story line(Collected all EN's, acsended on Island and Abberation, and maxed out my implant). One character went to the Center, the other to Ragnarok. The Center(For me) is just a map to mess around on and test potential Giga-killing Rexes(Very successful so far). Ragnarok is(For me) more fun because it seems to be more of challenge. It's large(Most of the Center is water), has a larger variety of creatures, and just seems more interactive with its gameplay, dungeons, boss fight, and map design. If they were to add Abberation creatures to The Center, I would definitely like it more(Drakes are amazing there OML), but I think there has already been a statement saying that won't happen(Or was that for Rag?) Either way, I just feel like The Center is outdated right now. It doesn't have a lot going for it aside from the fact that it has amazing building spots and is a nice big map to walk around.

On 4/5/2018 at 11:35 AM, DarkXDevil said:

The biggest problem for the map is the near Bethesda level bugs and the lack of reason to make the map their main base of play.

Agreed.

On 4/5/2018 at 5:22 PM, KingScor said:

One thing is missing at ur list peter. I think a rework of the bossfights is really important for this map

Added, thanks for catching my oversight, meant to add and got distracted. I have some stuff on bosses in ideas but I added this to issues as it feels like it's also a problem and needed to be mentioned in both issues and ideas.

On 4/5/2018 at 5:22 PM, KingScor said:

btw peter, do u got any response from wc for ur topic?

Not yet. I haven't pushed it as hard as I could I guess.. In the past on different topics I have been successful in getting responses from management when I really pushed the envelope except Jat and Jen. They seem to ignore me. :Jerbcry: Don't misunderstand that though, it could be a number a variables: My questions to them weren't as valid/worded as well to require a response, the topic may not have been serious enough, my question was already answered by another response to another forum member, etc. So I am not complaining.. much ;)

On 4/5/2018 at 9:34 PM, Jlmaples said:

This is ignant. I have never lost a character by transferring to another server ( I play official PvP) and I transfer a minimum of 4 times a day for the past half a year or something? Infact.. I have a metal outpost.. farm metal, hold structures in my inventory and transfer my character into my base on another server. Literally everything I do is on another server. Please enlighten me though. How high are the odds? Cause I feel the odds are higher for dying in a car accident while sitting on your couch in your own home. Then again, I guess you would consider that high odds too.

If you are serious your entire post is "ignant" and I would delete it if I could to purify my thread of nonsense as this is meant to be constructive and serious. However if you're joking, then well played you definitely got a reaction out of me when I read it. At any rate the main flaw with such a logic is that you make the "ignant" assumption that your experience in a single circumstance is 100% sufficient evidence to say that it can't be any other way for any other players.. ever. YOU never lost YOUR character doesn't mean others haven't doing the same thing. If you can't understand what I mean by what I am saying then PM me or something I am not diluting this thread any further nor devoting any more energy towards this either. I wish you the best but please be on topic and be respectful or see yourself out. As far as your question you should ask someone who claims to have done the math you are asking for ratios that I do not have and I am not going to make up a number.

On 4/12/2018 at 3:24 AM, Arumat said:

I have seen the threads (not a lot out there about it), but wondering if this is more of a wide spread issue or just an isolated thing that may have been partly due to mods.

To my knowledge still an issue. Don't see how it could be mods since we get the issue on console where mods don't exist. Thanks for your feedback!

On 4/27/2018 at 5:07 AM, dark7np said:

Center needs to have supply drop locations added to the new western parts of the map that were introduced in 250 or so. There is not a single drop in the whole area below the ocean level, meaning western cliffs, the Ice Palace region and so on.

I'd also like to see the ocean expanded a bit, with more resources like fibre, "berries" from algae or so, metal spawns... And yes, why not some exclusive dinos - and a Boss fight that yields more element. Ragnarok is easier, IMHO - and it yields way more element. It does not feel balanced to me.

It's been so long since I have been on The Center now, I thought they added the supply drops already to that area? I guess I'll be adding that to my list. Ocean updates added, boss issue added, element already added. 

On 5/11/2018 at 7:25 AM, Qwertymine said:

I saw a Water Wyvern mentioned in this post, I have a separate post about a Water Wyvern. Check that out if that is something you are interested in, then come back here so we can keep this thread going.

I'll check it out. 

On 5/11/2018 at 9:29 AM, Qwertymine said:

My take on the Center at this point is that it's a relaxation map. I've completed the story line(Collected all EN's, acsended on Island and Abberation, and maxed out my implant). One character went to the Center, the other to Ragnarok. The Center(For me) is just a map to mess around on and test potential Giga-killing Rexes(Very successful so far). Ragnarok is(For me) more fun because it seems to be more of challenge. It's large(Most of the Center is water), has a larger variety of creatures, and just seems more interactive with its gameplay, dungeons, boss fight, and map design. If they were to add Abberation creatures to The Center, I would definitely like it more(Drakes are amazing there OML), but I think there has already been a statement saying that won't happen(Or was that for Rag?) Either way, I just feel like The Center is outdated right now. It doesn't have a lot going for it aside from the fact that it has amazing building spots and is a nice big map to walk around.

Yea I agree. The Center needs something to draw a player to it. As it is there doesn't seem to be a purpose for it unless you just like the map layout as it is, or want a different map as you are tired of existing ones. But having an additional flavor of ice cream doesn't work well if there is dirt and bugs in the ice cream ya know? So the issues are so great it overpowers the point of having it around in the first place. 

Thanks everyone for insight, feedback, thoughts. Keep it coming. All constructive conversation welcome.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:45 AM, SirPeter said:

@Royalstarthanks for the input. Added your more islands idea, tamable reskinned dragon boss, and a couple of Aberration assets added to map to list above. Other ideas were already listed. Really like the idea of more islands. If you don't want Aberration in underworld do you want any changes to it would you leave it as is with the possible few assets from Aberration?

I totally forgot that I’d posted on this thread lol.

Anyway, I’ve since changed my mind regarding Aberration content on the Center: I think the underworld should be changed to look like the bioluminescent areas on Aberration, but maybe with less water? So it looks more like a glowing forest than a glowing marsh. I still think that there shouldn’t be too many Aberration creatures; some of the less sci-fi looking ones (shinehorn, lantern bird, glowtail lizard) would be right at home, if only in the underworld/bio area. 

1 minute ago, Royalstar said:

I totally forgot that I’d posted on this thread lol.

Anyway, I’ve since changed my mind regarding Aberration content on the Center: I think the underworld should be changed to look like the bioluminescent areas on Aberration, but maybe with less water? So it looks more like a glowing forest than a glowing marsh. I still think that there shouldn’t be too many Aberration creatures; some of the less sci-fi looking ones (shinehorn, lantern bird, glowtail lizard) would be right at home, if only in the underworld/bio area. 

I would be cool with this. I don't need it to be a replacement for Aberration but more like something to suffice me for the small stuff and if I need something big then I'll still need to go there.

I still want a new map that is the all inclusive map that has everything. I dreamed Ragnarok was going to be that map but that has been confirmed to not be happening so now I am here.. waiting.. to see what happens with third DLC. I would be okay with The Center being that map that has everything though since it's not a cannon map. Don't see why there can't be a awesome one stop shop map with everything.

As a single player I can't speak for everyone clearly but the need to transfer characters is tedious, and unless your @Jlmaples (Can avoid car crashes from your couch and apparently live in a place where you drive places from your living room.. someone call this guy some help he sounds like he's fallen and can't get up in life :P) then you have the risk of losing your characters, items, and tames. I have personally transferred numerous times and ascended once. I have only ever lost anything when I went to do a boss fight once and lost ALL my rexes, yuty, and pig. That was extremely frustrating as so much time went into breeding those rexes. I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if that was a regular occurrence to me as it has been for others. Or if that happened repeatedly when I was transferring. Anyways the point I am making is it would be nice and potentially beneficial to have a map that has everything in one place. DLC or not I don't care, anyone who thinks it's not fair or whatever if people paid for DLC we can have that discussion in another thread and I'll be happy to explain why that isn't a valid argument and unless someone is unreasonable, irresponsible, or just down right unable to understand simple logic I am certain they'll come around to understanding players shouldn't be upset about such content being available after someone has paid for the DLC. But that's another topic I am not looking to discuss here.

12 hours ago, SirPeter said:

I would be cool with this. I don't need it to be a replacement for Aberration but more like something to suffice me for the small stuff and if I need something big then I'll still need to go there.

I still want a new map that is the all inclusive map that has everything. I dreamed Ragnarok was going to be that map but that has been confirmed to not be happening so now I am here.. waiting.. to see what happens with third DLC. I would be okay with The Center being that map that has everything though since it's not a cannon map. Don't see why there can't be a awesome one stop shop map with everything.

As a single player I can't speak for everyone clearly but the need to transfer characters is tedious, and unless your @Jlmaples (Can avoid car crashes from your couch and apparently live in a place where you drive places from your living room.. someone call this guy some help he sounds like he's fallen and can't get up in life :P) then you have the risk of losing your characters, items, and tames. I have personally transferred numerous times and ascended once. I have only ever lost anything when I went to do a boss fight once and lost ALL my rexes, yuty, and pig. That was extremely frustrating as so much time went into breeding those rexes. I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if that was a regular occurrence to me as it has been for others. Or if that happened repeatedly when I was transferring. Anyways the point I am making is it would be nice and potentially beneficial to have a map that has everything in one place. DLC or not I don't care, anyone who thinks it's not fair or whatever if people paid for DLC we can have that discussion in another thread and I'll be happy to explain why that isn't a valid argument and unless someone is unreasonable, irresponsible, or just down right unable to understand simple logic I am certain they'll come around to understanding players shouldn't be upset about such content being available after someone has paid for the DLC. But that's another topic I am not looking to discuss here.

If you play on Singleplayer, I would suggest looking at a few of the mod maps - I know a couple of them DO have everything in one map. Plus some other cool stuff.

On 5/12/2018 at 11:12 PM, Frogspoison said:

If you play on Singleplayer, I would suggest looking at a few of the mod maps - I know a couple of them DO have everything in one map. Plus some other cool stuff.

Is this doable from a console? 'Mods' are not, but I have done zero research or searching of any kind on the availability of 'mod maps' for console. Based on the word mod being in the name I am assuming this is only for PC players, sadly I am not included in the master race as of yet. .. One day.. 

5 hours ago, SirPeter said:

Is this doable from a console? 'Mods' are not, but I have done zero research or searching of any kind on the availability of 'mod maps' for console. Based on the word mod being in the name I am assuming this is only for PC players, sadly I am not included in the master race as of yet. .. One day.. 

Sadly then, no, it's not doable from a console. BTW, you'll only need ~$500 to join PC master race - Basically the same as skipping out on 2 console releases.

21 hours ago, hiimdom43 said:

All of this sounds like a great idea, but I heard there was already a water boss coming out on the newest map.

"heard".. can you actually verify any of that?

19 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Sadly then, no, it's not doable from a console. BTW, you'll only need ~$500 to join PC master race - Basically the same as skipping out on 2 console releases.

I have no plans to purchase another console EVER again UNTIL I get a solid PC. Looking around the price range of ~$1000. Feel that is a good price point to get something that will allow me to get good performance and decent graphics. Thinking maybe in a year or two max. I love my PS4 Pro but I am tired of missing out on some of the opportunities like mods available on PC that just doesn't really exist on console minus a few exceptions here and there. 

On 5/15/2018 at 9:29 AM, SirPeter said:

"heard".. can you actually verify any of that?

I have no plans to purchase another console EVER again UNTIL I get a solid PC. Looking around the price range of ~$1000. Feel that is a good price point to get something that will allow me to get good performance and decent graphics. Thinking maybe in a year or two max. I love my PS4 Pro but I am tired of missing out on some of the opportunities like mods available on PC that just doesn't really exist on console minus a few exceptions here and there. 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/164783-so-what-did-you-do-in-ark-today/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-913879

I would love to see some unique creatures on the Center

1. A dragon: Not a wyvern, a dragon, like the Boss. I don't care if its the same model just scaled down, a dragon on the Lava Island would be awesome.

2. Water Wyvern: Plenty of trenches in the deepest parts of the oceans for Water Wyverns(Check my post about them)

3. Giant Spider: The idea of a giant spider in the Underworld, Floating Island, and all the large caves just speaks to me

4. Leviathan: A huge water snake. The Center has the largest oceans of any map, maybe there should be a Titan-sized creature in them

5. Tameable Lava Golems: Lava Golems on the Volcano Islands that are tameable

6. Ice Elemental: A faster, more brittle Rock Elemental covered in ice

7. A frost wolf: Big Mammoth-sized creature that stalks the coldest areas of the map

8. Pegasus: Like a flying Equus found around the Floating Island

Any other ideas?

• 3 months later...

What I think should be added or fixed.

1. Underwater dome acting as land, and creature spawns in underwater dome.

2. Basilosaurus not dying of preasure in lake underneath floating isladn or underground world.

3. Snail spawns in ruins.

4. More creative ruins instead of archway.

5. Abberation spawns in deserving caves.

6. West Lava Cave, (the one with no lava but grass mushrooms flowers silica pearls), having friendly spawns.

7. Dung Beetles not being motionless.

8. Spiders not spawning in ice caves.

9. Extremely rare broodmother spawn in spider nest.

10. Punching spider nest resulting in giving silk and relesing agressive baby spiders.

11. Seagul spawns on iceburg.

12. Cstom explorer notes.

13. Harvestable mushrooms in redwood biome.

14. Giant tree in swamp, capable of tree platforms.

Archived