Cloning chamber and tame cap

Weiss

I bred and hatched an ovis without knowing the tame cap status of my server once... I ended up with a wild unclaimed baby ovis walking around my base until it starved. EDIT: I started thinking about this it didn't starve I eventually killed it because I got tired of the reminder of not being able to tame stuff. It turned wild and was unclaimable and untamable as a baby. It was an abomination! So perhaps you would have either an unclaimed dino or the process would stall at 99% and just sit and wait for the tame count to drop and then it would complete? 

27 minutes ago, Demerus said:

It would be logical to make it reserve that slot once the cloning process is started.

This is probably best way to be safe. Tame an extra dodo and kill it if needed?

3 hours ago, SirPeter said:

I bred and hatched an ovis without knowing the tame cap status of my server once... I ended up with a wild unclaimed baby ovis walking around my base until it starved. EDIT: I started thinking about this it didn't starve I eventually killed it because I got tired of the reminder of not being able to tame stuff. It turned wild and was unclaimable and untamable as a baby. It was an abomination! So perhaps you would have either an unclaimed dino or the process would stall at 99% and just sit and wait for the tame count to drop and then it would complete? 

This is probably best way to be safe. Tame an extra dodo and kill it if needed?

How did you do that? I know that this happens when you put raft down, but never a baby, the gestation or incubation or taming bar just pause until slots are available. Maybe it poped out exactly at the same time as an other one who took the slot or maybe was it a twin? 

7 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

How did you do that? I know that this happens when you put raft down, but never a baby, the gestation or incubation or taming bar just pause until slots are available. Maybe it poped out exactly at the same time as an other one who took the slot or maybe was it a twin? 

No idea. All I know is I left the barn with pregnant Ovis and returned a moment later to a wild baby ovis in the barn that I couldn’t claim and stayed a wild baby in the barn for a few weeks before I killed it. 

Archived