Should Dino's have higher level cap?

anubis3691

I feel like it would be better if we were able to keep leveling Dino's past the 71 level up. Maybe I'm not thinking clearly or seeing where it would not be a good thing, but like what if:

The Dino's are hard capped at 450

You tame a level 5 Rex, and a 150 Rex.

They both will stop leveling at 450.

The 150 will still be better than the 5 when they both hit 450, because per level gains. But that would give that raptor you love because it was your first tame more usefulness, wouldn't it? I guess it comes down to why not allow having more customization on your Dino's. As same example, 5, 150 Rex's. The 150 will always get more gains per level, but it's already established 150 level ups. The level 5, well you'd have 145 levels to add to get to the same level, and maybe you want to build a sea rex. So instead of however the 150 distributed it's points, the level 5 you could do like speed, oxygen and have a rex that could swim lol?

Idk if any of that makes any real sense, just bored at work thoughts. Anyone have any thoughts they would like to share with the class?

2 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

I feel like it would be better if we were able to keep leveling Dino's past the 71 level up. Maybe I'm not thinking clearly or seeing where it would not be a good thing, but like what if:

The Dino's are hard capped at 450

You tame a level 5 Rex, and a 150 Rex.

They both will stop leveling at 450.

The 150 will still be better than the 5 when they both hit 450, because per level gains. But that would give that raptor you love because it was your first tame more usefulness, wouldn't it? I guess it comes down to why not allow having more customization on your Dino's. As same example, 5, 150 Rex's. The 150 will always get more gains per level, but it's already established 150 level ups. The level 5, well you'd have 145 levels to add to get to the same level, and maybe you want to build a sea rex. So instead of however the 150 distributed it's points, the level 5 you could do like speed, oxygen and have a rex that could swim lol?

Idk if any of that makes any real sense, just bored at work thoughts. Anyone have any thoughts they would like to share with the class?

No just no. 

First have you ever actually maxed out the 72 levels on a dino? It takes lots of xp. Most dinos never reach this on official so its a non argument anyway. 

Secondly its dumb because I can get a 225 stego breed it into a lvl 5 stego to keep the health but nothing else so its like a lvl 100 and then it gets 350 level ups in health. Would be way op. Even if it took ages to level using the grinder, megas would still do it and people would cry when the 100k health lvl 450 stego raided them. 

No just no. 
First have you ever actually maxed out the 72 levels on a dino? It takes lots of xp. Most dinos never reach this on official so its a non argument anyway. 
Secondly its dumb because I can get a 225 stego breed it into a lvl 5 stego to keep the health but nothing else so its like a lvl 100 and then it gets 350 level ups in health. Would be way op. Even if it took ages to level using the grinder, megas would still do it and people would cry when the 100k health lvl 450 stego raided them. 
Well to begin with, I think its 71 levels is it not?

Either way, pretty sure I have a few max level gigas, I could be wrong though.

With that in mind I agree it would take a insane amount of time if the level XP requirement was to stay at the same it is now, but I figured it would be a given that they would have to tone that down.

Where as I understand the point you are trying to make, based solo on PvP play, I am indeed a pve player so I don't see how that is "dumb" but thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Let me detail that a bit more.

If you do as you say, with all your points into a low level stego breed to have the health of a 255, and you get that 100k stego... What exactly is that going to do to a base? Now again, I don't think like a pvper but it seems to me it could easily be taken down as it's gonna be slow.. won't be able to carry much.. have low stam.. and have no dmg to speak of. One nice giga would eat though that like it's a dodo. Or a wyvern gonna scoop you up and drop you in the ocean because you'll never have the time to kill it with all that no dmg. N since you don't have good stam and oxy, I foresee you drowning before you ever make it to land.

I think with the thought "I have a 100k stego so now a can go soak up all the bullets and get a easy win" is only thinking of the stego. What about that group of raptors, the defending tribe did the same thing with, but did it to melee? The ones that are super fast and run circles around your stego? What's gonna happen when they start laying the wamma down on it? I have a good example: high dmg rexs vs super high health bosses? Pretty sure I remember the Rex's winning for most people even giving the bosses have high health.. and do stupid amounts of dmg.

With that said.. maybe.. if you did half hp, half speed, you may be onto something. Out run the raptors!

59 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

Well to begin with, I think its 71 levels is it not?

Either way, pretty sure I have a few max level gigas, I could be wrong though.

With that in mind I agree it would take a insane amount of time if the level XP requirement was to stay at the same it is now, but I figured it would be a given that they would have to tone that down.

Where as I understand the point you are trying to make, based solo on PvP play, I am indeed a pve player so I don't see how that is "dumb" but thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Let me detail that a bit more.

If you do as you say, with all your points into a low level stego breed to have the health of a 255, and you get that 100k stego... What exactly is that going to do to a base? Now again, I don't think like a pvper but it seems to me it could easily be taken down as it's gonna be slow.. won't be able to carry much.. have low stam.. and have no dmg to speak of. One nice giga would eat though that like it's a dodo. Or a wyvern gonna scoop you up and drop you in the ocean because you'll never have the time to kill it with all that no dmg. N since you don't have good stam and oxy, I foresee you drowning before you ever make it to land.

I think with the thought "I have a 100k stego so now a can go soak up all the bullets and get a easy win" is only thinking of the stego. What about that group of raptors, the defending tribe did the same thing with, but did it to melee? The ones that are super fast and run circles around your stego? What's gonna happen when they start laying the wamma down on it? I have a good example: high dmg rexs vs super high health bosses? Pretty sure I remember the Rex's winning for most people even giving the bosses have high health.. and do stupid amounts of dmg.

With that said.. maybe.. if you did half hp, half speed, you may be onto something. Out run the raptors!

Its not stego vs raptors and gigas. Its stego vs all your hard farmed bullets when you are offline. 

Not sure if I follow you exactly, but if max stats is what you are interested in, straight up taming them is not where you will get this. Breeding them in is where you get this. LIke a previous response states, this is actually better as you can down breed to a lower level dino to keep the stats you are looking for, usually just 2 or 3 of the stats. Effectively making it possible to get higher and higher numbers of levels into the stats you want, to the MAX of 450. 

This means your dino can be level 379 at birth. 

I also seriously doubt you have a max level dino on hand, very few ever get there unless you use it constantly. If your dino has 2,525,000 Experience then you have successfully max leveled your dino all 71 levels

Its not stego vs raptors and gigas. Its stego vs all your hard farmed bullets when you are offline. 
Now this I can completely understand you on. But, is it not the same way already? I have seen very many threads in general discussion of late about turrets and stegos and PvP. I belive it's already a problem, so I don't see that as a fair point to put against my idea. But I really do appreciate your responses! Helps me learn more about the way PvP players see things.

1 hour ago, Palenor said:

If your dino has 2,525,000 Experience then you have successfully max leveled your dino all 71 levels

Only dino I've ever done it on was a frog. 145 kibble Tame that must have ran my tribe through the swamp cave a million times. On legacy we had a weight quetz that lived over 8 months farming metal everyday and it still never hit max level. 

15 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

Now this I can completely understand you on. But, is it not the same way already? I have seen very many threads in general discussion of late about turrets and stegos and PvP. I belive it's already a problem, so I don't see that as a fair point to put against my idea. But I really do appreciate your responses! Helps me learn more about the way PvP players see things.

What I was saying was 

A max lvl kibble Tame giga with 300 melee is 225 it gets 225 level ups with your idea.

Breed that melee into a lvl 5 giga, it comes out lvl 65 that means it gets 385 level ups with your idea. 

Your idea would mean low level bred dinos are better than high level bred dinos. 

A lvl 5 Tame that got 445 levels to it would still be weak as level ups are % based. 

Alpha tribes with time to max level everything with a grinder or ten would greatly outclass the tames of other tribes. 

Such large amount of level ups being % based would break the game as turrets are not balanced for 300k health brontos. 

Your idea would mean the whole game needed to be rebalanced, dino exp, dino stats, turret damage, saddle armour, boss fights etc. 

What I was saying was 
A max lvl kibble Tame giga with 300 melee is 225 it gets 225 level ups with your idea.
Breed that melee into a lvl 5 giga, it comes out lvl 65 that means it gets 385 level ups with your idea. 
Your idea would mean low level bred dinos are better than high level bred dinos. 
A lvl 5 Tame that got 445 levels to it would still be weak as level ups are % based. 
Alpha tribes with time to max level everything with a grinder or ten would greatly outclass the tames of other tribes. 
Such large amount of level ups being % based would break the game as turrets are not balanced for 300k health brontos. 
Your idea would mean the whole game needed to be rebalanced, dino exp, dino stats, turret damage, saddle armour, boss fights etc. 
Yea.. that does seem like more work than worth, to much rebalancing required for a already established game. I see your point more clearly now!

Archived