Time for a building a mod?

SmokeyB

I see so many nice buildings on you tube and the like from pc players using building mods, it really shows me how basic arks building pieces are. 

I don't mind about the mechanics, I've played for over two years and am used to them by now, I just want some nicer building blocks to make fancy structures 

I know they are bringing in structures plus but I feel we need a few more additions. Castles and keeps mod for example, every noob that starts on ark tries to build a castle, give them some arches and battlements to use, and I want some nice glass and windows, I saw a mod with lots of different plants to make a nice garden, it shouldn't be too hard to add these as the works already done. 

When they announced plans of maybe incorporating S+, they said that they would look into how straight forward it was to include it. That led me to believe it's not always about just "add[ing] these as the work's already done". I mean, I agree that it is definitely easier than creating new, non-already-existing objects, but that there is still a possibility it's more complex.

For my part - I most long for decorative objects, especially trophys of pretty much all animals (idea: when an animal is killed and the body is on the ground - and an option in the context menu, in addition to open inventory and, sometimes, drag body to "Get trophy". This option could give you an inventory item of the creature's head - or whole body for fish - which could be mounted on a trophy wall mount!). Other than that, furniture to make a house more comfortably looking, like a real bed that could be made into a double bed - like the current bunk beds but without the bunks.

Archived