A good way to not get raided

DownLikeSyndrome

We had mega tribe come outside our base yesterday with enough stuff to wipe the whole server with which they did but we just offered them 20k gunpowder a week which isn't much for a 4 man tribe to grind out on the weekends just a tip to those. They did make us bring out a ptero and kill it but whatevs

Agree with others.. what I read, "We decided to buy our freedom but we couldn't afford it, so we sold our freedom so we could buy it". 

r9id6xt.jpg

"the subjection of a person to another person, esp in being forced into work", slavery. (n.d.) American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. (2011). Retrieved February 15 2018 from https://www.thefreedictionary.com/slavery

Youre a joke to them bro, they'll farm you for a few months and then harvest. I know a few people with stories of making friends or getting picked up by alphas/megas bc they respected them putting up a fight, not giving up, skill etc. Thats how i met a great ally on legacy. But even if not its definitely better than bending over and happily asking to become a slave. Laame

Might as well play on PvE if you are trying to avoid fighting. Seems to be the opposite of what PvP is about. If you are building up and are a small tribe (in my opinion) you're doing it wrong. Stay small, light, and quiet. Move fast hit hard and take down the big guys. Align or merge with other small guys/tribes and compete on a more level playing field. If you keep building up when you can't defend it you're playing PvE on a PvP server. Again just my opinion but it's not going to be their fault when you lose everything.... 

Chances are that next time they have a project and want 100k cp they will demand you farm it for them or get wiped.  But it depends on the mega.  Some of them will let people play on their servers in exchange for "tax" or "rent" and will defend the tribes that pay when cross server raiders show up.  If they treat you like an ally that is one thing, but if they treat you like slaves and mess with you it is another.  Good luck.

On 15/02/2018 at 6:00 PM, DownLikeSyndrome said:

We had mega tribe come outside our base yesterday with enough stuff to wipe the whole server with which they did but we just offered them 20k gunpowder a week which isn't much for a 4 man tribe to grind out on the weekends just a tip to those. They did make us bring out a ptero and kill it but whatevs

Was they from your server or from a different server? 

It's a survival game,. If they had come to wipe the server and a deal wasn't reached, then this would probably be  :( "an evil mega tribe wiped us all" thread.

Well done, You survived! well for now anyways and have choices. Give them what you negotiated. Look for allies that might make fighting them possible. Etc etc etc ........ plenty more options.

42 minutes ago, Armadatiny said:

It's a survival game,. If they had come to wipe the server and a deal wasn't reached, then this would probably be  :( "an evil mega tribe wiped us all" thread.

Well done, You survived! well for now anyways and have choices. Give them what you negotiated. Look for allies that might make fighting them possible. Etc etc etc ........ plenty more options.

Thats not how it works. If you give in once, you are just a farm. Chances are other tribes will get info about their submissiveness and will also demand tax from them. Posting about it here doesnt help the cause. ^^

They set them self up for a slow death instead of a fast one.

I wouldn't judge you as harshly as some others in here do, it's easy for them to say "go out in a blaze of glory instead" but when it's their months of work that are threatened I think most would sing to a very different tune. 

I would however echo what others have said, this WILL escalate, it's only a matter of time until they either start demanding a lot more or simply come and raid you (maybe even under a different tribe name so they can continue demanding tributes at the same time)

If they're too big to fight directly I'd recommend using the time this has bought you to start setting up base elsewhere and start moving your items/tames. 

2 hours ago, Thorium said:

Chances are other tribes will get info about their submissiveness and will also demand tax from them. Posting about it here doesnt help the cause. ^^

Then you can say I'm already paying taxes to that tribe so take it up with them and if they threaten you tell the big tribe that their free 20k gp deal will be over unless they tell the other guys to pound sand...

1 hour ago, Cullis said:

Then you can say I'm already paying taxes to that tribe so take it up with them and if they threaten you tell the big tribe that their free 20k gp deal will be over unless they tell the other guys to pound sand...

At the end of the day 20K gp isnt enough to fight over. Either you supply the demand or they most probably wipe you, they probably will not care about what you tell them about other tribes.

And you will not backstabb them. You don't stand a chance against a mega tribe if you play with that play style. Only way to damage them would be to go guerilla style but then you also don't have to make a deal with them as you abandon most of your base and stuff anyway.

its a bad way not to get wiped, you just said, here take our freedom. 

Basically being useful to them without being part of the tribe, just makes you a slave. 

Beyond that, these raiders wont stop anyone else from raiding you. 

you gonna start giving every tribe that comes to raid you more stuff? every week?

you just agreed to give them more than id bet your base is worth after a few weeks. 

you say its not hard to farm, what if someone destroys your chem bench and industrial forge?

your promising to use your base for their good. 

you should just join their tribe if you can, because you dont have their respect. 

1. play orp pvp

2.  get in a tribe that is bigger than the guys comming to your front door. 

those are good ways not to get wiped. 

20 hours ago, Lickimus said:

Thats how it works irl. some small countries, gangs etc stand up to a powerful apponent and lose everything, but most pay their taxes...

No thats not how it works irl. irl you pay your taxes, so the society in that you live can function. You pay them for your own benefit as well as for others that are to weak to pay for themselfs.

In ARK you just pay because you are a slave, you get nothing for it. No infrastructure you can use, no public health care, no free education, etc. this stuff costs money, thats what taxes are for irl.

Archived