Ark hates pvp players...

Basl

Yes it’s true, all ark developers are focusing on adding more content new abilities and designs that’s it! 

While all pvp servers getting hit by kids who bought Ddos programs and keep killing the game on pvp side even though ark developers promised us that there will be no more Ddosing? Why you don’t fix it why you are busy adding more content only?? Is that what you want your game to be only pve???

Yes it’s true, all ark developers are focusing on adding more content new abilities and designs that’s it! 

While all pvp servers getting hit by kids who bought Ddos programs and keep killing the game on pvp side even though ark developers promised us that there will be no more Ddosing? Why you don’t fix it why you are busy adding more content only?? Is that what you want your game to be only pve???
I just want to be the first to point out, this is rather funny as there are plenty of other threads that claim Wildcard only cares and caters to the PvP side..

Yeah, the thread is hilarious because the primary leading argument everyone seems to use is 'Ark hates ______' and it's getting old, tiresome, and simply hard to take seriously.
Let's not even get started on how you don't seem to understand, not even in the slightest, how companies function. You do know that things are compartmentalized, right? A company like Wildcard doesn't focus 100% of it's staff on one particular goal. New content and updates to existing content does not mean that everything else has been shoved to the side. That's not how things work. Like... at all. xD

"Fix DDoS"... if only that was easy hundreds if not thousands of companies wouldnt have had to deal with it.
Lol indeed.. I remember a easy to get for free program and the Xbox 360 days where literally anyone could watch a 3 min tube video and start booting people offline. Remember that time lizard squad ddos'd Xbox live itself for like weeks? You couldn't play anything online lol. That was right around the time the first Destiny launched if I remember correctly.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Basl said:

Wildcard NEVER promised anyone that there would be no more DDoS.

Your lack of knowledge of DDoS is your downfall. DDoS, if strong enough can take ANY service down in the entire world, it will never be stopped. Now what Wildcard did was provide better mitigation against DDoS attacks, but that is no guarantee that it will prevent the impact of DDoS.

Yeah... this was one of the major reasons I quit official ark servers. Too many malicious people on them that feel if they can't enjoy ARK, nobody can. Try dedicated PVP servers or go single player. Single player is incredibly peaceful and relaxing, I never knew ARK could be so stress free. I've heard a lot of nice things about a good dedicated server run by good admins, but I'm honestly enjoying single player too much to try dedicated. That and I'm enjoying some quiet for the first time in 2 years of ARK. 

And unfortunately, there's no real way to stop these kinds of take down attacks. While WildCard did stabilize the servers to mitigate these attacks, there's no way to stop them completely. 

14 hours ago, GP said:

Wildcard NEVER promised anyone that there would be no more DDoS.

Your lack of knowledge of DDoS is your downfall. DDoS, if strong enough can take ANY service down in the entire world, it will never be stopped. Now what Wildcard did was provide better mitigation against DDoS attacks, but that is no guarantee that it will prevent the impact of DDoS.

Sadly your understanding of DDoS is also limited to you.. and maybe a few , more technical players..  but DDoS is still running everyday by players in an attempt to find more exploits. New exploits.. I had 2 reports that was confirmed by battleeye, WC is working on.. So even with people constantly looking for newer, better exploits, I cant say WC issn't doing anything about it.. 

as far as PvP are concerned I do agree there is a few more things WC can improve. 

IF you find out about an exploit, report it.. Don't come here and cry about it. report it.. 

First of all, it allows the Ragnarok Developers to get the latest version of the Dev Kit and incorporate our latest changes to the game, which will have a significant impact on the console experience concerning performance, visual fidelity, and stability. Secondly, by focusing our technical workforce on the other aspects of the game (in addition to Ragnarok) such as server stability, crash exploits, duping, DDoS, we will be able to ensure a much smoother experience for when the map is available. Finally, with our recent decision in regards to whether there will be a wipe or not, this seems like the smartest decision, to avoid this awkward situation of where servers that have only just been online for a couple of weeks become legacy. 

^ this is what they said when they released new the new official servers

25 minutes ago, Basl said:

First of all, it allows the Ragnarok Developers to get the latest version of the Dev Kit and incorporate our latest changes to the game, which will have a significant impact on the console experience concerning performance, visual fidelity, and stability. Secondly, by focusing our technical workforce on the other aspects of the game (in addition to Ragnarok) such as server stability, crash exploits, duping, DDoS, we will be able to ensure a much smoother experience for when the map is available. Finally, with our recent decision in regards to whether there will be a wipe or not, this seems like the smartest decision, to avoid this awkward situation of where servers that have only just been online for a couple of weeks become legacy. 

Thank you for posting what they said and telling us that they said it. Was it simply by accident that you chose the perfect WC quote to contradict your own original assertion?

28 minutes ago, Basl said:

Yeah, there is no promise that DDoS will never happen anymore in that.  Things are better than they were, they just said they would put in the effort to improve things and they have.  Exploits are  like malware, it is a never ending process plugging the new holes that hackers find.  And the servers are not as easy to DDoS as they used to be, so at least it is costing people more $$ to do it.

Archived