do animals lay eggs even if you arent online or in visibility range?

OttoGrunf

like i asked in topic title: do animals lay eggs even if you arent online or in visibility range?

it used to be like that if you dont move around animals, they dont lay eggs. and im sure its still same. when i wander around animals they give me eggs. if i dont visit that part of base, no eggs. but friend is telling me they changed it long time ago?!? i want to build new base, so can i have separate kibble farm building that i dont visit daily or not?

11 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Kind of like if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around does it make a sound? Lol

Yes I believe so. I'e logged on and found eggs with 2 minutes left and no one else was on

it might be that they lay eggs when nobody is online, but not often. if you want eggs, you have to walk around animals. and having huge bases with a lot of animal names kills game performance. that a problem. also its kind a problem passing trough all those animals all the time. why wildcard made egg laying mechanic that stupid? :(

4 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

it might be that they lay eggs when nobody is online, but not often. if you want eggs, you have to walk around animals. and having huge bases with a lot of animal names kills game performance. that a problem. also its kind a problem passing trough all those animals all the time. why wildcard made egg laying mechanic that stupid? :(

There is a workaround for name plates. 

Bring up the radial menu (select on xbox) and select ''Toggle Tame Names''. This will get rid of name plates unless you either A) use a spyglass or B) walk up close enough to the animal, I think it is within 1 maybe 2 foundation distance.

And to answer the question. If dinos are in stasis (no one within render distance, which includes non tribe members) then they do not lay eggs.

6 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

like i asked in topic title: do animals lay eggs even if you arent online or in visibility range?

it used to be like that if you dont move around animals, they dont lay eggs. and im sure its still same. when i wander around animals they give me eggs. if i dont visit that part of base, no eggs. but friend is telling me they changed it long time ago?!? i want to build new base, so can i have separate kibble farm building that i dont visit daily or not?

uhh should be.. I'm planning to do this because I'm offline most of the time, but some of my neighbors have outdoor kibble farms, and the dinos lay plenty eggs while the owners are offline.

2 hours ago, Thorium said:

No they don't. They only lay eggs, when not in stasis.

and they are in stasis if they are 10 foundations away from online players

1 hour ago, Sn1per0 said:

There is a workaround for name plates. 

Bring up the radial menu (select on xbox) and select ''Toggle Tame Names''. This will get rid of name plates unless you either A) use a spyglass or B) walk up close enough to the animal, I think it is within 1 maybe 2 foundation distance.

And to answer the question. If dinos are in stasis (no one within render distance, which includes non tribe members) then they do not lay eggs.

not on pc :( you can turn of name tags, but that way you will not see enemy player namers, etc

3 minutes ago, epicfailure said:

uhh should be.. I'm planning to do this because I'm offline most of the time, but some of my neighbors have outdoor kibble farms, and the dinos lay plenty eggs while the owners are offline.

no they are not laying eggs in separate buildings :(

On 2/15/2018 at 8:29 AM, OttoGrunf said:

Yep cause i lootz them from you when offline....

Archived