Solo players given raw deal

lashton

We have a few solo players on my official center server who farm it all the way up to and including Alpha. its possible, its just takes dedication and hard work. One player I know, made a base, not overly big, farmed metal to trade for a Boss Rex egg. After a few months, had 25 boss lvl rexes, had run the Lava Cave to get the weapons and armour he needed and off he went. 

Its all possible with some effort ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect it really depends what you want out of the game.  If your goal is success on a PvP server, or boss or dungeon runs you aren't likely to succeed as a solo player.

I play solo on an official PvE server.  Even if my friends were currently playing we wouldn't likely be playing PvP.  I play for the build and the grind.  Gathering resources, building a base, upgrading, taming, breeding etc.   I suspect there will come a time when I don;t feel compelled to play as I've gone as far as I can alone.  If my friends are back to the game I'll likely switch to a new map, and the challenge begins again.  For me the game is similar to minecraft - I like the slow build, rather then sitting at the end result.

On 3/7/2018 at 2:34 AM, ArkRage said:

enjoy a solo Jurassic experience."

I guess since it's a solo Jurassic experience, you shouldn't have access to dinos that weren't present in the Jurassic period, then?  Also, if we want to go deeper into this, a solo experience would mean that there's no one else on the ARK at all.  This implies single player.

@lashton  If you're solo, why not play single player?  You can tune the game to support whatever you like.

On 09/03/2018 at 2:23 PM, DJRone89 said:

When you play a multiplayer game mode, it’s intened you play with other players, and this game has a tribe system in place for that very reason.

Official rates are set for group play and as a result, are balanced that way. Take taming and breeding for example (excluding imprinting that was brought in later as the game developed), the average times for mid to high level tames are long, taking hours to obtain. Then breeding can take days at a time. Is that not a big enough hint?

End game is all but unachievable as a solo player, coincidence?

Many aspects of this game are only achievable as a tribe because you can’t do everything without the necessary help the game implies you require.

Solo players given the raw deal... Correct. Play smarter or tribe up.

Or maybe wild card can start by treating solo players with more respect after all we all bought the game too

So let me get this straight. You want to play alone, so you join a PvP or PvE multiplayer server and then complain about how hard it is? Wow, what a snowflake. It's like buying a subcompact and complaining that it can't tow your bulldozer on a trailer. This is amusing as hell to me.

The reason it is so difficult in multiplayer is that dinos, bosses, everything is beefed up for the fact that in multiplayer multiple players will be fighting them, not a single guy. By your standard, if a single player can live alone on a multiplayer server and do everything, it would be boring for groups since those groups would smoke everything on the map. Oh, and everything in single player is toned down to the point that a solo player CAN kill everything, including bosses.

Seriously, I cannot fathom how low your IQ has to be to join server where the game is designed for many players to take on the NPCs and then complain that you cannot do it alone. You're either trolling or just plain stupid. Which is it?

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, ItWasntMe said:

Or maybe wild card can start by treating solo players with more respect after all we all bought the game too

What do you suggest then because you just seem to be complaining for the sake of it?

Bare in mind that official servers are balanced for multiplayer gameplay, meaning if they make it easier for solo players, tribes will benefit more so you will always be at a disadvantage.

Overall I’d say that despite  having been designed from the beginning as a multiplayer game it is fairly accommodating of single players. You have to  be realistic in your goals. No matter how accommodating the game is you are always going to be limited in what you can do when compared to a whole team of people acting together. I wonder how well a solo (no tribes) PvP server would work. 

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Moriquendi32 said:

Overall I’d say that despite  having been designed from the beginning as a multiplayer game it is fairly accommodating of single players. You have to  be realistic in your goals. No matter how accommodating the game is you are always going to be limited in what you can do when compared to a whole team of people acting together. I wonder how well a solo (no tribes) PvP server would work. 

Yet people are somehow suprised that a multplayer game at its core, favours people who play as a team.

So I guess the real question here is; do solo players want the game to be made easier/better for everyone in its current state, despite the fact that those very changes will have an impact on players that tribe up and will gain a further advantage on you?

I made it to high metal/low tek tier as a solo, with every tame i'd ever want, heavy turrets, etc. i recommend starting on Abberation if you plan on soloing on Official PvP. You will still need allies. If you expect to play anti-social, expect to get ganked. And even with allies you will get wiped eventually. For tips on playing solo, use the search function. I've typed essays on that on these forums and so have many others.

Remove all the noise and non factually based claims. Anyone who actually thinks this game gives "solo players a raw deal" submit proof. Support your claim. Otherwise all you're doing is spewing negativity with the ridiculous complaining. See my post on first page and tell me where I am wrong and what needs to be discussed further. What did I miss so we can clear this up and move on. Why is anyone running in circles on this? As someone who has played both in large tribes and solo in official servers as well as single player I would love to further prove my point that this game is unbiased and allows the player to get out whatever they put into the game. There are no "raw deals". 

Archived