Need help with The Island base locations

Bloodreaver

Hello together,

I am in a little struggle right now. We crafted enough metal foundations and walls to build a 10x10 base, got over 70 turrets and all things for crafting etc.
The only thing we are missing now is a decent place to build. 
I watched hours of youtube content, googled through countless threads, but i am still missing a good spot to restart after a raid. That is why I desperatly need your help.

Since we play on a PvP-Server, the best spots are taken. No central pillar, no green-ob area, no icebergs etc. Basically, we are looking for ANY spot that somehow fits our criteria.

Our numer one spot is at 56/28, west of the redwood area, right next to it. The biggest downside is, that it is exposed to pretty much everyone.

Our biggest point is, that it should be as hard to raid as possible. I know, there is no 100% safe spot, but right now on top of a cliff or something looks pretty good.

We are friendly with the alpha, alliance with all big tribes, so we are safe from everything on our server. Back when building on more popular spots, we got raided 5/7 days, so now with proper preperation and a good spot we want to at least live for a couple weeks :D

So, besides a flat area for a bigger base, what locations offer
-Being not on raider routes (west 3 to north/southbeach)

-Closer to metal mountains for easier quetz farming

-Space to store late game dinos like rexes etc

Like I said, I know there is no unraidable safe spot with enough room and resources in the area. But maybe someone has got an idea to help us out!

Thanks in advance!

Try around the caves above ground as well. See if anyone built around the area by swamp cave, its in the redwood next to the lake and there is a hill next to a tree that a platform can be built on, so it comes with a natural ramp. The spot you picked is great but open like you said esp for a pvp, but right next to you is great fishing! The South cave (I think) is also next to a big ridge line the is close to the swamp, but far enough away that you don't need to worry about leaches and has a decent amount of resources next to it. 

Either way any cave that you can be next to is great for quicker and easier resource harvesting

7 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Have you tried a sea cave? 

There are a few large sea caves around the map that are great for bases lots of room and pretty easy to defend and pretty hidden. 

All raids against us were offline raids by only a couple people, im a little afraid, that they can just somehow get through the defense when we are offline and then its easier to destroy everythin :/

6 hours ago, lokifeyson said:

Try around the caves above ground as well. See if anyone built around the area by swamp cave, its in the redwood next to the lake and there is a hill next to a tree that a platform can be built on, so it comes with a natural ramp. The spot you picked is great but open like you said esp for a pvp, but right next to you is great fishing! The South cave (I think) is also next to a big ridge line the is close to the swamp, but far enough away that you don't need to worry about leaches and has a decent amount of resources next to it. 

Either way any cave that you can be next to is great for quicker and easier resource harvesting

Do you mean that platform right in the swamp? I looked for it, but couldnt find it anymore. Are there any coords?

Jeez...dont build in caves on the Island. None of them are secure enough to avoid being raided by anyone remotely competent.

The two hardest bases i ever raided were legacy bases, obviously before the turret limit. One was stonehenge, and the other was atop the north east mountain. Both make bottle necking a land assault very easy. 

Youve also got the spiral next to green ob, that has a nice flat surface. Theres flat area around the blue ob too and the approach to that can be made very difficult also.

Havent done much raiding since the new servers opened however

Build on the mountain just south of Carno Island, by far one of the best defensive locations I've ever been in. Had a base up there for roughly 3-4 months comfortably now. Withstood countless raids.

+ Metal and obsidian all over the mountain

+ 1 way land access which is difficult to maneuver unless you know it well

+ High up so you can snipe down

+ World border isn't too much higher so your anti air turrets don't have to ridiculously big

+ Drop spawns right ontop of the mountain

+ Carnivores all over the mountain as natural defence

+ Amazing defensive position

- Berry collecting is a bit poop

- Limited space for a lot of dinos

- Can be cold

- Only way to get water source for an industrial cooker is by running piping all the way down the mountain

- Can be difficult to not take fall damage when walking down the hill with a fast/large dino

Archived