Question for Raiders

Kayin

The most annoying base I have raided would be a base that is try hard and has 50,000 Plant X plots around. It is so annoying, but effective and that's why I hate it.

Another annoying base raiding would be a base that is so unprotected that it is annoying. Like, they have NO defenses at all, and we go in and take their stuff. But I put myself in their shoes and it would be so annoying.

Some cleverly placed player only turrets rustle my jimmies sometimes.

Can't think of too many creative defenses that made raiding a pain in the ass. A lot of "clever" defenses are just easily exploited. Most annoying is the straight up all open sides covered in turrets and X bases that force you to drain. Yawwwnnnn

1 hour ago, RasFW said:

Some cleverly placed player only turrets rustle my jimmies sometimes.

Can't think of too many creative defenses that made raiding a pain in the ass. A lot of "clever" defenses are just easily exploited. Most annoying is the straight up all open sides covered in turrets and X bases that force you to drain. Yawwwnnnn

Or that base that has 100 dodos on aggresive inside their base :P 

10 minutes ago, CitoaK said:

The annoying bases are full of hidden generators, honeycombed, quadrupled walls, no exposed wires, aggressive dimorphodons, microraptors and neutral vultures. Then you find empty vaults with loot hidden under the foundations.

Those are so annoying, yet so effective that I hate them and vow to never be that player.

the best base i ever created was honeycombed with turrets and X plants  all the way around the base 4 times hidden in the walls. 2 times the turrets above and below the base also encased in walls. So, basically my actual base was 7x7x7 and was unraidable for about 8 months. great design for pvp just a lot of metal....:|

I know one thing that annoys low level raider, surround your base in behe gates then tame up a bronto for each gate. leave then outside your base but half clipped into the behe gate so if anyone blows it they'll have to kill the bronto as well to get by. If they succeed in killing a bronto you just pull another one up into its place. There was a great example of this defense tactic in PartiallyRoyal's video titled "The Hardest Base We've Ever Raided"

26 minutes ago, Kayin said:

So why is this annoying? Is it the configuration of the PlantX?    Were they stagged? In a wall?   Why X over Turrets? 

It lags you out of the game rendering the species x bullets. Limitation of the ue4 engine.

Usually they are mixed with turrets to stop grenades and rockets. Meaning you have to bring about 10 fire arrows for each plant, if you can even obtain them.

It's a cheese tactic.

Archived