Chocolate question.

skeeta

I could have started this topic myself but didn't want to get the "search is a wonderful thing" reply lol. 

OK, chocolate cake. 

Is it able to go on the fridge

If I use it to tame do I just basically halve the amount of food I need to put in and the time it takes? 

I almost always starve tame (unless it's a creature in a really safe place that won't require narcs so I can leave it and do something else) so in my mind I need to put the food and cake into it when the food level is half way between its max food and what the starve timer says it needs to be at. Is it that simple? 

• Volunteer Moderator

In previous Valentine's Events it was actually Box o' Chocolates, not Chocolate Cake, so all I can tell you is how Box o' Chocolates worked and hope that Chocolate Cake works exactly the same.

Box o' Chocolates I believe could be placed in the fridge to extend it's longivity. By giving a wild dino the box of chocolates it would instantly fill 50% of their taming bar, therefore meaning that you only need half the required kibble or other item you would normally tame it with, and it would take half the time required to tame.

8 minutes ago, GP said:

In previous Valentine's Events it was actually Box o' Chocolates, not Chocolate Cake, so all I can tell you is how Box o' Chocolates worked and hope that Chocolate Cake works exactly the same.

Box o' Chocolates I believe could be placed in the fridge to extend it's longivity. By giving a wild dino the box of chocolates it would instantly fill 50% of their taming bar, therefore meaning that you only need half the required kibble or other item you would normally tame it with, and it would take half the time required to tame.

Interesting, I think I missed this event the last time. Do you know if 2 of these could be used simultaneously to instant tame? Or was it a case of 1 max per tame? This is of course assuming the cakes work the same way

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Hammond said:

Interesting, I think I missed this event the last time. Do you know if 2 of these could be used simultaneously to instant tame? Or was it a case of 1 max per tame? This is of course assuming the cakes work the same way

1 per tame I believe. I think chocolates had a cool down time between uses before like 3 hours or something, but I remember it only being 1 per dino but that could have been because anything that would take under 6 hours to tame would only fit one in during that cooldown timer.

28 minutes ago, Grasscarp said:

I'm pretty sure you have to I'm about to test out instant taming a 140 mosa with me and a friend both force feeding one cake each to see if that bypasses the cooldown

Please don't. Don't do this to me. Please. I was on with a tribemate and KO'ed a 150 Mosa and put 2 cakes in and waited patiently, saw this thread and abandoned the tame once i realised it had a CD. Be devastated if that bypasses it.

Archived