Dino Server cap and egg incubation (Giga Egg)

Migol

We started "pre-hatching" a giga on Tuesday morning when we heard about the event timing, got a good ~20 hours before our server capped.

Now though it's popping in and out of "Too many creatures on the Ark" and incubating normally.

So I'm wondering

1) Is there a "queue" for eggs?    Like if I pick the egg up and put it down again, is it going to be last place on the queue?

2) What is causing the server to go above cap, IE superseding the egg?    Are people still able to tame when an egg is incubating?     Are people transferring stuff in, or duping, or eggs unexpectedly hatching twins?

1 hour ago, dodomaster420 said:

1) no queue

2) mostly just twins and triplets but the mammals in the game don’t count toward Dino count when they are pregnant

You sure about that?    I'm 99% sure it wouldn't let me mate mammals when the cap was present, and conversely once you got them pregnant it was not something the cap would stop.

33 minutes ago, dodomaster420 said:

100% certain they don’t take a spot when pregnant because being above cap doesn’t mess with claiming them that’s why you can claim a 3 triplets despite cap. Only time claiming gets messed is when you place/unclaim raft during cap.

You guys are saying the same thing I believe just differently. 

Cap is 5400. You mate two mammals and it gets pregnant with twins. The game recognizes that as 5402 tamed animals on this ark. It follows the same protocol of unclaiming not taking away from the server cap even though it takes away from the tribe cap. They do this so you can claim them when they are born. If it wasn't this way once the mammals were born if you were at cap, you'd just have to stare at your new bear while it starved to death. 

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You guys are saying the same thing I believe just differently. 

Cap is 5400. You mate two mammals and it gets pregnant with twins. The game recognizes that as 5402 tamed animals on this ark. It follows the same protocol of unclaiming not taking away from the server cap even though it takes away from the tribe cap. They do this so you can claim them when they are born. If it wasn't this way once the mammals were born if you were at cap, you'd just have to stare at your new bear while it starved to death. 

That doesn’t  Make sense. Pregnants don’t count towards cap.

2 minutes ago, dodomaster420 said:

That doesn’t  Make sense. Pregnants don’t count towards cap.

It has to or else if the server was capped you'd never be able to claim them. If pregnant's don't count towards caps and the cap is 9500 on PC and it is reached then when the pregnant animals gave birth (because it's timer never stops even during cap and you can see that) you would not be able to claim the baby which I have been able to do every time we are at cap and I have a pregnant mammal. Your way would put the server over the cap which is what is not possible here. 

So if you can mate your animal and it gets pregnant that unborn baby is now counted against the server cap. 

A while back I had a pregnant thyla while the server was rolling back repeatedly.

It got twins, then a single baby, another single baby, twins again, and after countless rollbacks I ended up with triplets.

They had the same color and level every time, the gender and number of babies changed.

The game decides at birth how many babies you will get so there can't be "reserved spots" on them before birth.

1 hour ago, joadoor said:

Why does the limit have to be 5400 ??

This was a fictional number, sorry about that. 

My understanding is PC has a 9500 tame cap limit while consoles have either a 5500 or 6500 cap limit. 

The limit has to be that because the server's can't even handle that number properly. The dino animations are a big cause of lag so the server is accounting for up to 6500 tamed dino's as well as however many wild dino's are present at the same time. Add in weather effects, other landscape effects, the server trying to process unnatural built structures, it definitely taxes what the system can do.

That's why choice of host is such a big deal among the players. The long time gamer's (I've played games for years but I haven't played games like some people have) and people with better knowledge about server's, game hosting, etc. were mostly not in favor of WC choosing Nitrado as their official host. Like a nuclear weapon, Nitrado offered the proper specs at the cheapest price and so here we are, the gamer's were right, they can't handle this game on an official scale (I have heard good things about their private server's though). 

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎15 at 1:22 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

It has to or else if the server was capped you'd never be able to claim them. If pregnant's don't count towards caps and the cap is 9500 on PC and it is reached then when the pregnant animals gave birth (because it's timer never stops even during cap and you can see that) you would not be able to claim the baby which I have been able to do every time we are at cap and I have a pregnant mammal. Your way would put the server over the cap which is what is not possible here. 

So if you can mate your animal and it gets pregnant that unborn baby is now counted against the server cap. 

no mate it does not, that would mean a egg would need to take 3 slots when placed down(assuming they work the same as mammals), going above cap happens all the time and its not suppose to affect claiming

On ‎16‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 11:29 AM, DarthaNyan said:

pretty sure you place a wild raft if the server is tame capped.

So I have to set a float and then release when the limit is reached?
Or do I have to set the float when the limit is not reached?
Is that only possible with a raft? and how many animals can you tame? 1 or more?
Thanks for the answer in advance!

On 15.2.2018 at 10:22 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

Being able to claim something has absolutely nothing to do with the server cap, not even remotely, as an unclaimed creatures is still normally counted towards the server cap as tame.

You can unclaim and claim stuff as much as you want during the server being capped, also say your server ist capped, you have an egg down incu at 0.1% you kill exactly 1 dino and the egg hatches triplets you can still claim all of them.

Gestation definitely does not reserve a tame slot, if the server is capped and you have something born it just overcaps, same if an egg hatches twins/ triplets if theres only 1 tame slot left.

To the original questions: 

1) Theres no queue for eggs, eggs can only incubate if there's at least 1 free tame slot left. I suggest incubating all your eggs down to 0.1% before such events start, then you can just drop them on your acs and either kill some of your stuff to make them pop or wait until someone else kills stuff (doing that will make people hate you).

2)People are still perfectly able to do everything while your egg is incubating, it doesn't reserve a slot. So If there's 1 free tame slot and your egg is incubating but someone elses egg hatches 10 seconds before yours, yours wont hatch or continue incubating until another tame slot frees up.

Server can go above cap by lots of things, mammals giving birth, twins/ triplets also downloading to some degree (they fixed that partially though)

Archived