Show off your Pink/Red/White VDay Dinos!

GP

15 minutes ago, Akherousia said:

Not already having the color as an option doesn't mean it can't be added.  Colors are simply an RGB hex code.  They can easily add pink as an option for dino colors (and no idea why they haven't already.)

Pink is already an option in the color codes as a dye.   Dyes can be used to literally paint dinos, so the colors can indeed be applied to the dino's skin.  It's just a matter of having the event spawn the dinos with said color.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Akherousia said:

Good question here... anyone finding any good level VDay creatures?
I'm not complaining since I'm just breeding for colors and already have the stats I want to place the colors onto, but so far every time I've seen a VDay colored creature I liked, it was either a 10 or a 15. Including the Allo and Kentro I've tamed today. 

I am quite happy with them, though. The Allo is all white with a pink belly, and the Kentro is all white with red plates. I'll breed the Kentro into my line for those exact colors (but won't complain if I get different plate colors from the parents) but I'm going to look for an Allo with a white belly to aim for an all white Allosaur.

The Equus in my screenshot was a 145, also found a 150 vday roo and 145 vday tapejara :) we even fought a high level vday alpha wyvern..lol

We've mostly been playing on the crystal isles map lately though, and that map seems to have a better chance for high level dino spawns than even The Center or Ragnarok... sorry if that's not really helpful.

your best bet to get high level vday dinos is to just clear a large area of all dinos, leave render and come back.

8 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I havent seen many high level ones mostly low levels. My rex was level 40 but wasnt going to pass that colour combo up. Unfortunately it a game of chance. I dont remeber seeing a figure for the chance of a valentine  creature spawning but it was something like 5% for xmas ones. Creatures of a lower level spawn more frequently and so have a higher chance of being special coloured. As high level creatures spawn very rarely the chances of one high level valentine coloured must be very rare. Inmagine finding a 150 valentine giga :D

I believe I read that the chances are the same for the Valentine's creatures. I think it's funny and am not overly upset about it, though. I mean, I've accepted the unwritten rule of Ark a long time ago: If it's a cool color, it's going to be a trashy level.

20 minutes ago, skellri said:

some of them have actual pink! our mosa has both pink and magenta (belly marks, hard to see unless underwater in the day time haha) i also saw a bubblegum pink frog!

also they most likely chose super vibrant colours for the visibility aspect.

That's not "pink".  It's the "Dino Light  Red" color which is similar, but still different.  The actual pink is still quite vibrant.

8 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Not already having the color as an option doesn't mean it can't be added.  Colors are simply an RGB hex code.  They can easily add pink as an option for dino colors (and no idea why they haven't already.)

Pink is already an option in the color codes as a dye.   Dyes can be used to literally paint dinos, so the colors can indeed be applied to the dino's skin.  It's just a matter of having the event spawn the dinos with said color.

You're right, but I think the reason that it's included as a dye and not as a dinosaur color option is clearly because they don't want it to be an option. Why? Not sure. Could be too vibrant and obnoxious in their eyes, maybe?

Regardless, they clearly wanted to do this with minimal effort, and for some reason want pink to be entirely off limits for dinosaurs outside of painting. 

30 minutes ago, Akherousia said:

You're right, but I think the reason that it's included as a dye and not as a dinosaur color option is clearly because they don't want it to be an option. Why? Not sure. Could be too vibrant and obnoxious in their eyes, maybe?

The magenta is FAR more obnoxious in my opinion,  but meh.  As far as not wanting it to be an option... why would it be any different than the over saturated magenta, lime green, or royal blue?  Just seems like the devs chose colors that would seem "natural" and then went round-robin around the room and said "What's your favorite color?" for the rest.  I would think that having all colors as a dino option would be easier, and then just let the dino type decide which ones are applicable for which regions like they already do.  This would also add a lot more variance to mutations (as mutations can pull any random color).

Regardless, they clearly wanted to do this with minimal effort, and for some reason want pink to be entirely off limits for dinosaurs outside of painting. 

You just summed up Wild Card's alma mater.

2 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Nice find!  That color is the "Dino Light  Red"  If they had that, but more saturated for the event pink, it'd be perfect.  I also think that it would blend way better than the magenta on that specific spino.

I think the event wouldve been even cooler if they focused more on the white colors, red obviously and light pink as opposed to mostly magenta.

I really like the new trend of holidays adding exotic dinos- It makes it so exciting :D

For the record: obnoxious bright magenta is one of my favorite colors! So I disagree with all the haters [emoji23]
Can anyone official please confirm if I can find the Valentine's colored Dino's on a single player game?
I hope so but if not, I would love to know so I can do other things.
I have found some pink and white things.... Not much really bright at all though.... Except one really AWESOME 150 bright magenta and black Tapejara. But it got away! [emoji852]️

Archived