leeches and how to survive a swamp.

AnEliteDolphin

Bigger is always better. Anything that can defend you from Kapros. Smaller tames are fine, but the problem is that the Kapro's lunge can sometimes take you very far depending on the angle and your tame can't keep up or doesn't aggro due to the distance. Then you're basically on your own. I've noticed that anything the size of an Allosaurus and bigger can get through the swamp with relative safety. A Carnotaurus might be big enough, too, but I'm not sure. I've definitely been taken off when running through with my Bary's, so definitely nothing that size or smaller. Regardless of the size of your tame, however, always bring a decent pike in case you do get taken off because sometimes they get the angle right and can surprise you. My pikes have saved me in the swamp more than any tame has, to be honest with you. 

Leeches don't drain your health very quickly, so you don't have to jump off and take them off as soon as you get latched, so don't risk your life trying to remove them, but do try to get to a safe area and take them off as soon as possible just in case.

Help I need to figure out what would be a great dino that can harvest rare mushrooms and rare flowers. Would a level 70 raptor be able to defend well in the swamp?
It could prolly survive, the most dangerous thing it will encounter is a couple paracers but they are passive unless you hit them first, and a barryonx will give you a run for your money. Other than that I don't see much in the swamps that will give you a hard time. The biggest issue isn't there raptor handling itself tho. It will be the nasty kapros jumping and grabbing you off your saddle. That's what you really have to look out for.

As far as best for shrooms and flowers, a thez I know gets the best amount of flowers using the tickle harvest on the swamp berry plants, and I assume it would get alot of shrooms using the thatch harvest on the swamp trees. (The ones with the Tangled looking roots, to use the thatch harvest you have to press the tickle button, then hurry up and press the other attack button right next to a tree) if not a thez I'd say a megatherium is the next in line.

Haven't compared the two but my go to for rare mushrooms in swamp is the mammoth. Rakes them in like a champ. Easy to tame. Get that and a wolf pack and you'll do fine. Or a raptor pack with saddles. Ride on the mammoth to avoid kapros and whistle command the raptors/wolf/whatever pack you want really aim for a min of three to attack stuff/defend you.

Archived