Exploits and bugs

AnnabelTamara

I was reading the exploit and bug bounty thread and I wondered, how exactly people find these and what counts as an exploit/bug? (New to forums, I’m aware that extending a Quetz platform to carry a Giga counts as an exploit?) others I’m not sure of. Thanks.
Does it? I have build a platform on my quetz without using any building exploits and i can carry my giga without issue? Why is that a exploit?

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using SurviveTheArk Community mobile app

44 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

Does it? I have build a platform on my quetz without using any building exploits and i can carry my giga without issue? Why is that a exploit?

I could be wrong but I think I saw in another topic that extending the platform using pillars so that it could carry one was an exploit? (I or that post I saw could have been totally wrong) anyone confirm/deny this? 

I could be wrong but I think I saw in another topic that extending the platform using pillars so that it could carry one was an exploit? (I or that post I saw could have been totally wrong) anyone confirm/deny this? 
That may be true, but like I said, I put two wide foundations on the quetz platform, then one roof out each side making a total of 4 wide with ramps on the back.
I can then walk my giga right up on it. So not using any kind of building exploits. I think maybe what you might have read, was just about building exploit and has nothing to do with a giga. As a giga can be carried by quetz without building exploits. I could be wrong.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:04 PM, AnnabelTamara said:

I was reading the exploit and bug bounty thread and I wondered, how exactly people find these and what counts as an exploit/bug? (New to forums, I’m aware that extending a Quetz platform to carry a Giga counts as an exploit?) others I’m not sure of. Thanks.

They only pay for game breaking exploits. Giga on platform is not game breaking.

People find the exploits by trying out a lot of stuff. Also looks like there are reverse engineers, which found exploits by poking around the code or analyzing network communication.

25 minutes ago, Thorium said:

They only pay for game breaking exploits. Giga on platform is not game breaking.

People find the exploits by trying out a lot of stuff. Also looks like there are reverse engineers, which found exploits by poking around the code or analyzing network communication.

The giga thing was just an example to understand the difference between an exploit and a bug.

1 hour ago, AnnabelTamara said:

The giga thing was just an example to understand the difference between an exploit and a bug.

Ah ok.

The difference is a bug does not need to be an exploit. A bug is an error in the software. A exploit is unintended behavior of the software that can be used to get a unfair advantage. That can be a bug or just some mechanic that isn't really a software error but unintended behavior with intended mechanics, like the giga on platform.

At the end it's up to the devs to decide what is an exploit and what is intended mechanics.

Archived