Tek Generator: What do you use it for?

Vaculity

6 hours ago, flamron said:

Troughs only for us. It’s too expensive to run on a high setting IMO, so closely stacked troughs and only when we mass raise stuff. 

Are you joking? Assuming your running on Abb the things are hella cheap to run on max. The area is huge, no wiring needed for anything its awesome. Running multiple gens on max powering everything, saves so much gasoline which on Abb is a pain in the ass.. elements almost too easy now you get 3 per crafting.

3 minutes ago, Haz2014 said:

Are you joking? Assuming your running on Abb the things are hella cheap to run on max. The area is huge, no wiring needed for anything its awesome. Running multiple gens on max powering everything, saves so much gasoline which on Abb is a pain in the ass.. elements almost too easy now you get 3 per crafting.

This is a joke free zone. Gas is simple on ab. Gas balls and the ever abundant green gems. Element is element. It’s a grind at this point for us as we’re a small tribe of 2 and only midpoint on the map. 

35 minutes ago, flamron said:

This is a joke free zone. Gas is simple on ab. Gas balls and the ever abundant green gems. Element is element. It’s a grind at this point for us as we’re a small tribe of 2 and only midpoint on the map. 

Oh for sure the gas is easily made but have fun doing 5x the work. The conversion rate needs to be massively improved (or gas ball stacks increased to 100 instead of 10).

i can imagine element is rather difficult for you at the moment but when you get to the point of having rock drakes, raise a good one for weight, make a good saddle and go to town. You can solo farm all the mats needed and then grind out the element in a relatively short amount of time. 

I am currently running 3 tek gennies on AB with little issues... one is powering 6 tek turrets on our main house and is set to 3.8x, one is set to 1.0 and powering our troughs and the other is set to 1.0 and powering 4 tek turrets on a tek pillbox.  We throw in maybe 20 element a week in each.  Despite what the wiki says, I'm noticing upwars of 18 hours per element on the 1.0 gennies.  Super easy to keep fueled.  With a rock drake, we can easily farm 60 element an hour if we want.

1 hour ago, Brayn said:

I am currently running 3 tek gennies on AB with little issues... one is powering 6 tek turrets on our main house and is set to 3.8x, one is set to 1.0 and powering our troughs and the other is set to 1.0 and powering 4 tek turrets on a tek pillbox.  We throw in maybe 20 element a week in each.  Despite what the wiki says, I'm noticing upwars of 18 hours per element on the 1.0 gennies.  Super easy to keep fueled.  With a rock drake, we can easily farm 60 element an hour if we want.

Gonna call shenanigans on the bolded part.    You get 3 each time you make it, and you have to wait each time for the charge batteries to slowly fill up.    On average you'll be at each element machine for ~4 minutes to charge the batteries, not counting travel time, machines other players have already used and are on cd, fighting away predators, etc, so let's count it as an even 5 (and that's if you're not like me and alt-tabbing while waiting).    60 min/5min per station=12 times used=36 element in an hour.     Even if you had a perfect run where you rock drake lunged to the next and never had any downtime, there's no way you come close to 60.

53 minutes ago, Migol said:

Gonna call shenanigans on the bolded part.    You get 3 each time you make it, and you have to wait each time for the charge batteries to slowly fill up.    On average you'll be at each element machine for ~4 minutes to charge the batteries, not counting travel time, machines other players have already used and are on cd, fighting away predators, etc, so let's count it as an even 5 (and that's if you're not like me and alt-tabbing while waiting).    60 min/5min per station=12 times used=36 element in an hour.     Even if you had a perfect run where you rock drake lunged to the next and never had any downtime, there's no way you come close to 60.

I said "we", so assume more than 1 person.  Regardless, you aren't taking into account the hyper charge stations or that we keep 8 charge batteries in each charge station on a locked down ab server.  There's also at least 3 locations I know of that have 3-5 charge stations that stay rendered in, allowing you to plop the batteries in each, then go back to the first and hit and so on hitting craft.  There's also a few spots in the green zone where you can place gates and tons of glowbugs get trapped.  It's easy enough to pre-charge a ton of batteries from these few locations.

45 minutes ago, Brayn said:

I said "we", so assume more than 1 person.  Regardless, you aren't taking into account the hyper charge stations or that we keep 8 charge batteries in each charge station on a locked down ab server.  There's also at least 3 locations I know of that have 3-5 charge stations that stay rendered in, allowing you to plop the batteries in each, then go back to the first and hit and so on hitting craft.  There's also a few spots in the green zone where you can place gates and tons of glowbugs get trapped.  It's easy enough to pre-charge a ton of batteries from these few locations.

Not interested in arguing here, but I do need to point out that you can't say "Super easy to keep fueled, We can get 60 element an hour with a drake and power all this keen stuff at once!", and then later qualify that it's multiple people, pre-charged batteries, etc.    The time will be the same, you're just dividing the time between different people and charging the batteries for the same length of time at a different point.    What people are after is "how much can I make in an hour", and 60 is just not anywhere close to the actual amount, and it does take a good bit of effort...we're not even getting into farming the element ore or red gems.

I make about 30 element per hour by myself, charging the 8 batteries before crafting at each charge node. If its a 90% night, ill use hypercharge nodes on the surface if the reapers aren't out of control. Unfortunately the second someone jumps onto the surface with a ravager, they stir up every reaper within miles.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, Migol said:

Not interested in arguing here, but I do need to point out that you can't say "Super easy to keep fueled, We can get 60 element an hour with a drake and power all this keen stuff at once!", and then later qualify that it's multiple people, pre-charged batteries, etc.    The time will be the same, you're just dividing the time between different people and charging the batteries for the same length of time at a different point.    What people are after is "how much can I make in an hour", and 60 is just not anywhere close to the actual amount, and it does take a good bit of effort...we're not even getting into farming the element ore or red gems.

If you want to guage the time to do something on the most inefficient way of doing said task then by all means go ahead.  I could also farm all of my metal with a stone pickaxe, but I choose to be more efficient.  Even using your method, you can charge 10 batteries at each station, just add the 10th battery when the other batteries are already at 120 charge.  The station won't be completely drained when all 10 are done filling and you end up with 2 extra fully charged batteries.  Every 5th node then becomes a no-wait charge node.  For further efficiency, while you wait for your batteries to charge run around and try to grab a glow bug or two for additional extra charged batteries, cutting down time even further.  Either of these methods preserves the method you're describing while making it a lot more efficient.

Bottom line, if you're sitting by each station waiting for only 8 batteries to charge and doing nothing else, it's going to feel like a grind.  There's many different ways of making it a lot less of a grind.

Archived