Ranking system that works.

AngryPenguin

24 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Well, even if you restrict them to access everything, they could still blow your structures/storage or kill your dinos. The only thing I could suggest you to do is to not invite players you are not trusting into your tribe.

Agreed. If you invite mindlessly, it could backfire majorly. Only invite your friends, people you have met you trust, or someone on the server that other people know is reliable.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Well, even if you restrict them to access everything, they could still blow your structures/storage or kill your dinos. The only thing I could suggest you to do is to not invite players you are not trusting into your tribe.

Well, you see I had a tribe member that has been in the tribe for 5 months now and he only just insided us.

9 hours ago, CptCannabis said:

Literally the most hardest thing to deal with is having someone inside the tribe for whatever reason but so is having to deal with dos attacks and undermapping but that's ark in a nut shell episcally on official servers. ?

The hardest thing to deal with is having someone in your tribe...?

2 hours ago, DrChicken24 said:

The hardest thing to deal with is having someone in your tribe...?

Yea man I had a decently successful PVP tribe for a very short while. Got on here recruited a guy who had a tribe and all his people were a bunch of children, no offense to any kids here but it wasn't what I was expecting (EDIT: or wanting for this exact reason). They took the game very seriously and had no concept of how to work with others. My original people did not get along with his people and eventually it ended very poorly. The problem is when there isn't any real consequence, some people with no character or self respect can act out in pretty distasteful ways. When they are in your tribe they can do a lot of damage very quickly.

28 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

Yea man I had a decently successful PVP tribe for a very short while. Got on here recruited a guy who had a tribe and all his people were a bunch of children, no offense to any kids here but it wasn't what I was expecting (EDIT: or wanting for this exact reason). They took the game very seriously and had no concept of how to work with others. My original people did not get along with his people and eventually it ended very poorly. The problem is when there isn't any real consequence, some people with no character or self respect can act out in pretty distasteful ways. When they are in your tribe they can do a lot of damage very quickly.

That is why you don't recruit mindlessly. I recruited someone I trusted, and the betrayed me because (he was right) he said our tribe was going nowhere. It kinda was true, as I wasn't on that often. 

Agreed. I vetted people and placed them through a week+ Q&A by myself and Q&A by the people in my tribe at the time haha. The guy was great I just wasn't prepared for the 13 year olds he had in his tribe. Their word was worthless as soon as they didn't agree with a decision I made they were out of control and it blew up over night while I was offline and it was too late to salvage anything. I added like five or six people and everyone that made it through the questions were fantastic. I should have just given up on that one guy since I wasn't able to talk to his herd of children he commanded.

26 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

Agreed. I vetted people and placed them through a week+ Q&A by myself and Q&A by the people in my tribe at the time haha. The guy was great I just wasn't prepared for the 13 year olds he had in his tribe. Their word was worthless as soon as they didn't agree with a decision I made they were out of control and it blew up over night while I was offline and it was too late to salvage anything. I added like five or six people and everyone that made it through the questions were fantastic. I should have just given up on that one guy since I wasn't able to talk to his herd of children he commanded.

Hm... So this guy was an adult... with a army children? xD 

Yea seriously he had like 4 or 5 of them. It was insane the conversations I had I felt like a baby sitter. Trying to logic with kids who actually think this game was real life and the most important aspect in life. I felt like I was in the middle of one of the complainer threads on this forum but actually talking to the people. That or back playing on Xbox. (no offense xbox but my personal experience was the online community consisted of teenagers or younger talking about my mom hahaha. Oh burn man you talked about my mother here's a trophy you're now the greatest most clever human on the face of the earth.) So I am actually glad it failed because playing single player is nicer. Video games should be fun in my opinion and with time constraints I have I can't enjoy the game online. I tried PVE but the lag and server caps.. ugh. If I EVER go back to online it'll be unofficial for sure. 

2 hours ago, SirPeter said:

Yea seriously he had like 4 or 5 of them. It was insane the conversations I had I felt like a baby sitter. Trying to logic with kids who actually think this game was real life and the most important aspect in life. I felt like I was in the middle of one of the complainer threads on this forum but actually talking to the people. That or back playing on Xbox. (no offense xbox but my personal experience was the online community consisted of teenagers or younger talking about my mom hahaha. Oh burn man you talked about my mother here's a trophy you're now the greatest most clever human on the face of the earth.) So I am actually glad it failed because playing single player is nicer. Video games should be fun in my opinion and with time constraints I have I can't enjoy the game online. I tried PVE but the lag and server caps.. ugh. If I EVER go back to online it'll be unofficial for sure. 

Lol, that's awesome. I play Xbox PC servers, and the majority are adults. I like it, cause they ain't all stupid! :P 

On 14/02/2018 at 3:15 AM, DrChicken24 said:

That is why you don't recruit mindlessly. I recruited someone I trusted, and the betrayed me because (he was right) he said our tribe was going nowhere. It kinda was true, as I wasn't on that often. 

Honestly stealing from people and inside their tribe is one of the lowest things you can do in a video game.

On 14/02/2018 at 9:32 AM, CptCannabis said:

Really doesn't matter on age people will inside a tribe over stupid poop even after they have been in the tribe for months..

Yep,  I have been insided twice now, someone that had been in our tribes for about 5 months (He uploaded a lot of our dinos and didn't pick up the ascendent saddles they had and decided he didn't want to accept his fault). The more recent one was 2 kids that stole 15 giga eggs we traded for all because one of their friends didn't want to play anymore...

On 2/12/2018 at 10:43 PM, AngryPenguin said:

Well, you see I had a tribe member that has been in the tribe for 5 months now and he only just insided us.

No one can protect you from that. Any system of ranks and privileges can be defeated by anyone who is patient enough. Let's face it, the longer someone is in your tribe the higher rank you're going to give them. Heck, I've even seen tribes "insided" by vindictive admins. Angry/spiteful/malicious people are going to do things eventually, you simply have to do the best job you can of deciding who to trust.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

No one can protect you from that. Any system of ranks and privileges can be defeated by anyone who is patient enough. Let's face it, the longer someone is in your tribe the higher rank you're going to give them. Heck, I've even seen tribes "insided" by vindictive admins. Angry/spiteful/malicious people are going to do things eventually, you simply have to do the best job you can of deciding who to trust.

1 hour ago, AngryPenguin said:

Yep,  I have been insided twice now, someone that had been in our tribes for about 5 months (He uploaded a lot of our dinos and didn't pick up the ascendent saddles they had and decided he didn't want to accept his fault). The more recent one was 2 kids that stole 15 giga eggs we traded for all because one of their friends didn't want to play anymore...

1 hour ago, AngryPenguin said:

Honestly stealing from people and inside their tribe is one of the lowest things you can do in a video game.

Yep... that is exactly why I play non-dedicated PvE.

Archived