Server Setting to Increase Narcotic Requirements for Taming?

Toxicus

I wait for it to drop. Calculate how much it needs to go back up to max, and then pump it back up. If it is close to taming up, i wont put any in. I have 1900 hours into Ark, tamed thousands of Dinos. I'm not doing anything I haven't done before. <-- sorry if this came off weird. I'm just saying this has frustrated me. After so much time in the game, this server is being weird.. Its my friends server though, so I'm hoping to be able to tell him what setting he messed with that changed this.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info :) The Taming multiplier is 5x, but even on Dododex its still wrong. So I wasn't sure if there was another setting. 

I'll let my friend (the server admin) know about this. Although, he's the type that he'd want to see the info for himself. Is there somewhere I can find this info that is posted via Wildcard or the Wiki? 

The entry for "Taming Speed Multiplier" on the wiki says nothing about Narcotic requirements. So he thinks it has nothing to do with it. I'd just like to provide proper information, if at all possible.

• Volunteer Moderator
41 minutes ago, Toxicus said:

I'll let my friend (the server admin) know about this. Although, he's the type that he'd want to see the info for himself. Is there somewhere I can find this info that is posted via Wildcard or the Wiki?

Well, the wiki is written by regular players so the info on the forums is as legitimate as the one on the wiki.

43 minutes ago, Toxicus said:

The entry for "Taming Speed Multiplier" on the wiki says nothing about Narcotic requirements. So he thinks it has nothing to do with it. I'd just like to provide proper information, if at all possible.

This is just logical. If the creature take less time to tame, it will have to stay less longer unconscious meaning that you will need to use less drugs.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, Toxicus said:

The taming speed multiplier is the same thing as the "5x Taming" in the server description right? He has it set to 5x. Why would the narc requirements be different on Dododex? or am I thinking about a different setting?

5x taming is the taming speed set to 5x, yes. My guess here is that you guys don't understand how the narcotics works and you are just feeding them stacks after stacks after stacks which result into a waste because you could force feed a creature 1,000,000 narcotics and once it will be at full torpor it will start to drop again.

I will say that we never let it max out completely. I know that each Narcotic provides 40 torpor. So we'll do the math.. Dino A has 4000 max torpor and currently has 2000 left with tons of time before the tame will finish. So we know it would need it. I'd feed it 40 to give it 1600 Torpor. Not quite max, but enough that I wouldn't have to stress it.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Toxicus said:

I will say that we never let it max out completely. I know that each Narcotic provides 40 torpor. So we'll do the math.. Dino A has 4000 max torpor and currently has 2000 left with tons of time before the tame will finish. So we know it would need it. I'd feed it 40 to give it 1600 Torpor. Not quite max, but enough that I wouldn't have to stress it.

Yes, basically how it works. Not too sure why it would requires you more narcotics then as nothing affects the torpor depleting speed afaik.

6 minutes ago, Toxicus said:

He says no, but oh well. Can anyone tell me also, why everytime i post a few times it blocks me out from responding for 12 - 24 hours? I even attempted to PM you, but it wouldn't allow it. Unless these forums don't have a PM function. But I can't even post to the forums or reply to this topic either.

It's spam protection. Once you lose the "early bird" status, you will be free to post as much as you want. Just make some posts every day and be patient. I think a mod just needs to notice that you are a real human to change your status.

• Volunteer Moderator
41 minutes ago, Toxicus said:

He says no, but oh well. Can anyone tell me also, why everytime i post a few times it blocks me out from responding for 12 - 24 hours? I even attempted to PM you, but it wouldn't allow it. Unless these forums don't have a PM function. But I can't even post to the forums or reply to this topic either.

Early Birds are limited in the amount of content they can post within a 24 hours period (to prevent the spam, etc.). But seem like you made it, congrats!

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Early Birds are limited in the amount of content they can post within a 24 hours period (to prevent the spam, etc.). But seem like you made it, congrats!

Completely understandable with this day and age of boredom on the interwebz. Some people find too much amusement in the sorrow of others. Greatly appreciate your assistance! :)

• 11 months later...

Archived