Xbox saves to a new account?

Alright so me and my buddies were planning to make a private dedicated server. We had it all started on a non dedicated and were going to use that save for the server. But now i realize that if i buy a second xbox I dont wanna have to make a new account just to keep that save. Is there a way I can make a new xbox live account and transfer the world data to it so i can run the server on that xbox but keep my character and profile?

5 hours ago, Yunggaskinz said:

Alright so me and my buddies were planning to make a private dedicated server. We had it all started on a non dedicated and were going to use that save for the server. But now i realize that if i buy a second xbox I dont wanna have to make a new account just to keep that save. Is there a way I can make a new xbox live account and transfer the world data to it so i can run the server on that xbox but keep my character and profile?

I was going to say no but then I thought about it.... it might be possible. The way it use to work is your player dedicated save would save to your reserved space file not directly to your account. So if you start a new account it may be able to use it as long as you use the same xbox. I would start it up as your current account and xbox and make sure it saves. Maybe have a friend join it and see if its the correct save. Then switch accounts. It doesnt have to be a new account could just be one of your friends just to test it. So log into a second account and have someone join it again and check the save.

Its a long shot and it may not work but that way you should be able to test it without buying a second xbox. 

Also just so you know player dedicated servers are super buggy and unreliable. 

3 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

I was going to say no but then I thought about it.... it might be possible. The way it use to work is your player dedicated save would save to your reserved space file not directly to your account. So if you start a new account it may be able to use it as long as you use the same xbox. I would start it up as your current account and xbox and make sure it saves. Maybe have a friend join it and see if its the correct save. Then switch accounts. It doesnt have to be a new account could just be one of your friends just to test it. So log into a second account and have someone join it again and check the save.

Its a long shot and it may not work but that way you should be able to test it without buying a second xbox. 

Also just so you know player dedicated servers are super buggy and unreliable. 

I confirm that this WILL work.  I have hosted Player Dedicated servers on XBOX since early access days. I would use the gamertag for the server to host and during the times that Admins and myself would setup events or handle player disputes I would shut the server down, Switch Gamertags and reload under NEW gamertag and it would load same server data. It must be on the same xbox tho. (we switched gamertags so players couldn't join while we were handling issues or setting up events)  Also, I agree with the statement that Xbox dedicated are buggy and unreliable...we have lost countless servers due to issues that could be easily reversed with a game save backup (Nitrado offers this)

Yep, works this way for sure, tested it myself and was very surprised when it happened that a totally separate account on the same Xbox had access to the same game world saves.  It is NOT supposed to work that way (privacy and other issues), but apparently WC didn't get the notice.  :)  It was handy for what TedyBearOfDeath & Kebster said, but it does have its downsides.

Be careful with this as this is likely one of the ways folks have lost their Ark dedicated world saves on Xbox, particularly those who share an Xbox.  One person sharing the Xbox can accidently delete or corrupt a save.  :( 

Archived