If you could have any ark Dino IRL what would it be?

Gogohorse

I guess authorities would kill or take a rex, wyvern, drake, spino, bronto etc. away from you unless you live very hidden and no one ever sees it. You would be able to resist some time, particularly with a wyvern since it can fly. You could kill a lot of cops and soldiers, but eventually they would send fighter jets and kill it with machine guns and missiles in midair (easy with heat seeking missiles if you have a fire wyvern lol). 

Anything smaller like a raptor, carno, trike etc. you can hide easier. But if it ever gets seen and reported, same thing, you will lose it.

So... I still choose wyvern because screw authorities. I would tell them:

"I promise that this dragon won't cause trouble. This is my dragon. I can handle it. It listens to me. *wyvern makes noise and officers crap their pants* But it will need a lot of meat. We will go to the woods every day for hunting. No human will ever be harmed. But if you will not leave us alone I will take this dragon and go on a massive killing spree. Thousands would die before you can take it down. You don't want to be responsible for that."

Obviously if we'd go on a killing spree that would be my and the wyvern's death sentence, so we'd probably just fly away and never come back.

2 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

I guess authorities would kill or take a rex, wyvern, drake, spino, bronto etc. away from you unless you live very hidden and no one ever sees it. You would be able to resist some time, particularly with a wyvern since it can fly. You could kill a lot of cops and soldiers, but eventually they would send fighter jets and kill it with machine guns and missiles in midair (easy with heat seeking missiles if you have a fire wyvern lol). 

Anything smaller like a raptor, carno, trike etc. you can hide easier. But if it ever gets seen and reported, same thing, you will lose it.

"I promise that this dragon won't cause trouble. This is my dragon. I can handle it. It listens to me. *wyvern makes noise and officers crap their pants* But it will need a lot of meat. We will go to the woods every day for hunting. No human will ever be harmed. But if you will not leave us alone I will take this dragon and go on a massive killing spree. Thousands would die before you can take it down. You don't want to be responsible for that."

Obviously if we'd go on a killing spree that would be my and the wyvern's death sentence, so we'd probably just fly away and never come back.

I don’t think there’s a law that says you can’t own a wyvern. (Please don’t hate on me if I’m wrong tho)

8 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

Rockdrakes can Camo 

On 2/12/2018 at 7:59 PM, Gogohorse said:

I don’t think there’s a law that says you can’t own a wyvern. (Please don’t hate on me if I’m wrong tho)

You probably need a permit to handle unsafe animals. I dont think its legal to own something like an elephant and walk it around...Heck, in Québec theres all this debate about banning pitbulls, I dont think people are ready for actual dragon lol

My pick would be a microraptor. Id take a phoenix but that would be a fire hazard.

20 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

You probably need a permit to handle unsafe animals. I dont think its legal to own something like an elephant and walk it around...Heck, in Québec theres all this debate about banning pitbulls, I dont think people are ready for actual dragon lol

My pick would be a microraptor. Id take a phoenix but that would be a fire hazard.

Ark wyverns are way less prone to eating your kids and tribe mates than pit bulls though. I think of it like a cane corso or German shepherd are bigger and more dangerous than a pitt but no-ne wants to ban them because they are smarter and don't turn on their owners. A Pitts like a giga with rage mode , a wyvern would probably be legal if it was always left on passive.

On 2/15/2018 at 7:28 AM, Thedodowhisperer said:

Are you kidding with all the big dinos? I would certainly take the majestic dodo. Start a dodofarm, realise i have only 1, crossbreed with a chicken, before you know it humanity is replaced!

Yeah I’d rather have dodo chicken cross breeds than humans.

Tough choice....something small I don't have the money to buy 500kg meat a day and I doubt it would be legal to run around and kill random poop. 

One of my favourite dinos in the game is the Troodon, also quite intelligent and super cute and fuzzy, a little scratch and you fall asleep though...which is bad.

I really like the ARK Mantis aswell, I already got mantis as pets irl and I'd love to have a super intelligent one thats the size of a friggin car, although it would also be a very scary thing to have around you, so probably not.

Megalos are cute and fuzzy too and match my sleep schedule, though they're a bit big and I'd probably have to explain where my neighbours dog went at some point...

For bragging rights I'd say Reaper or Wyvern, but raptor that too high maintenance realistically.

I love Microraptors and Dimorphs aswell, especially considering that they'd both eat the same stuff as the pets I already got plus them being easy and nice to carry around would probably make them the ultimate companion.

So in the end it'd be a decision between Troodon, Micro and Dimorph, can't really tell what i'd pick.

Archived