Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Lolichan

S+ on Console?

Recommended Posts

I know many console players like myself have been waiting on the arrival of S+ for quite a while now but there hasn't really been any definitive information put out on when it'll officially release. We've been given answers like "its coming soon" or "its coming 2018" every time the discussion is brought up somewhere. I feel like as console players we should get a bit more clarity as to when this is actually happening. I feel like the addition of the mod will really improve the gameplay and make it more enjoyable for people on console. I'd really appreciate it if a dev could provide some type of transparency on the issue.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GP said:

I'm hoping for some news soon too. But don't forget it's not just consolers that are waiting for news, PC Officials are also eagerly awaiting news.

While that is certainly true I feel like console players get put on the back-burner when it comes to mod integration compared to our pc counterpart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lolichan said:

While that is certainly true I feel like console players get put on the back-burner when it comes to mod integration compared to our pc counterpart. 

As a console player I sometimes find myself feeling like that but note that we are placed on back burner. Console not having mods is not Wildcard's fault so much as it is the company (Sony/Microsoft) for the console(s). From my understanding it is on the console's end more than Wildcard. Not saying Wildcard couldn't make it happen but it would require actions by Sony and Microsoft which (again from my understanding) would cost Wildcard a lot of time/money/effort and their focus is elsewhere currently. There is another thread explaining this in more detail I just can't remember where I saw this, surely someone else can more aptly explain it. It's easy to just blame Wildcard but one should remember there are many variables for their game to be playable on all these systems and only a few of these variable are easily adjustable to Wildcard. Now I completely agree I would like more transparency on when to expect things. I know sometimes that can be difficult and they don't want to be held to a hard timeline because it is obvious the community would have a heart attack if they said ETA March and we made it to March second haha. I wouldn't mind them setting ETA for it to be discussed further however just to show it is still on their minds. Something like, March ETA for us to revisit the status of this. Then they would be free to actually release it or explain where they are with the project at that current time as well as advise of the next ETA for the next status update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirPeter said:

As a console player I sometimes find myself feeling like that but note that we are placed on back burner. Console not having mods is not Wildcard's fault so much as it is the company (Sony/Microsoft) for the console(s). From my understanding it is on the console's end more than Wildcard. Not saying Wildcard couldn't make it happen but it would require actions by Sony and Microsoft which (again from my understanding) would cost Wildcard a lot of time/money/effort and their focus is elsewhere currently. There is another thread explaining this in more detail I just can't remember where I saw this, surely someone else can more aptly explain it. It's easy to just blame Wildcard but one should remember there are many variables for their game to be playable on all these systems and only a few of these variable are easily adjustable to Wildcard. Now I completely agree I would like more transparency on when to expect things. I know sometimes that can be difficult and they don't want to be held to a hard timeline because it is obvious the community would have a heart attack if they said ETA March and we made it to March second haha. I wouldn't mind them setting ETA for it to be discussed further however just to show it is still on their minds. Something like, March ETA for us to revisit the status of this. Then they would be free to actually release it or explain where they are with the project at that current time as well as advise of the next ETA for the next status update. 

See there's two things with this.. s+ is being Integrated into the base game so that's up to wildcard. Providing the ability to run mods on console is partly up to wildcard to provide the facility and the console maker to allow it.. now this has been done before but for Sony, it's quite limited in what you can do. For Microsoft, not so limited but you cannot use external dll's so that will also stop some mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hobgobblin247 said:

See there's two things with this.. s+ is being Integrated into the base game so that's up to wildcard. Providing the ability to run mods on console is partly up to wildcard to provide the facility and the console maker to allow it.. now this has been done before but for Sony, it's quite limited in what you can do. For Microsoft, not so limited but you cannot use external dll's so that will also stop some mods

Ok cool I knew someone could explain it as I only briefly read it somewhere and didn't fully retain what was read. I only got out of it that I can't solely blame Wildcard for not having mods on my PS4 haha.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S+ was confirmed to be coming to console platforms this year, but here we are 1 month removed from being almost half way into the year and we still haven't been given any details on when we console players can expect these changes to happen, and honestly it feels like it never will. PC literally gets everything before us and they've had access to these mods for quite some time now, so why is it that console players constantly get left out to dry? There's been numerous discussions brought up on this forum and social media about this topic but it seems like the devs refuse to address it and give clarity. I feel like as customers who purchase your game and DLC we deserve at least some type of an explanation other than "its coming soon". Show the people who support your game on other platforms that you actually care about their concerns instead of brushing it off. 

 

If a dev or mod can provide some clarity to this discussion it would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lolichan said:

S+ was confirmed to be coming to console platforms this year, but here we are 1 month removed from being almost half way into the year and we still haven't been given any details on when we console players can expect these changes to happen, and honestly it feels like it never will. PC literally gets everything before us and they've had access to these mods for quite some time now, so why is it that console players constantly get left out to dry? There's been numerous discussions brought up on this forum and social media about this topic but it seems like the devs refuse to address it and give clarity. I feel like as customers who purchase your game and DLC we deserve at least some type of an explanation other than "its coming soon". Show the people who support your game on other platforms that you actually care about their concerns instead of brushing it off. 

 

If a dev or mod can provide some clarity to this discussion it would be greatly appreciated.

It's not been added to official servers on PC yet either, still waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it's not just console that are still waiting for S+, it is also PC that is waiting. I have no idea whether it was confirmed "for 2018", it was confirmed in 2017 that it was going to be integrated to the base game, I do not believe at any point has there ever been an expected delivery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lolichan said:

S+ was confirmed to be coming to console platforms this year, but here we are 1 month removed from being almost half way into the year and we still haven't been given any details on when we console players can expect these changes to happen, and honestly it feels like it never will. PC literally gets everything before us and they've had access to these mods for quite some time now, so why is it that console players constantly get left out to dry? There's been numerous discussions brought up on this forum and social media about this topic but it seems like the devs refuse to address it and give clarity. I feel like as customers who purchase your game and DLC we deserve at least some type of an explanation other than "its coming soon". Show the people who support your game on other platforms that you actually care about their concerns instead of brushing it off. 

 

If a dev or mod can provide some clarity to this discussion it would be greatly appreciated.

Just to provide further clarity, only modded unofficial servers that actually run S+ have the mod.  It hasn't been officially incorporated at all.

 

 

What I'd like to know is if they still have plans for implementing it into the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DJRone89

I see complaints about things to do with dates all of the time. I work in aviation logistics, in a demand progression cell, and have to give estimated delivery dates (same as ETA’s - not guaranteed) on spares. I also manage hazadous goods.

The hazardous goods may have an expiry date of say May, but you have until the end of that month to use that item.

Same goes for spares that have a full lead time and an EDD of 2018. It means the spares have up until the end of December to be delivered.

See where I’m going with this? If Wildcard said for sure S+ was going to get integrated into the game this year, they have until the end of December to deliver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still in high hopes for s+ for Xbox 1 or some type of update that allowed structures to be placed without using pillars on a 10 percent grade love the game just can't stand the dreaded snap points and nonsense no place foundation's on a slight hill ..tired of the hours of fence foundation and pillars just to make a flat area 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mlopez14 said:

So this question has probably been answered already a crap ton of time in the past, however, I could not find any recent post on this.

Does anyone know whether S+ will come on consoles and if so, when?
Thanks

The very first thread in the forum when you posted this, is about this. You didn't even need to search to know there was a recent post on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 3:38 AM, ZombiePlague said:

S+ was promised to console almost over a year ago now. They even hired the mod creator supposedly. I really think some one should start an online petition for people to sign. Some way we have to get the devs to realize we as players want this.

What would it take to start a petition, I am not even sure of what they are doing at that point but we might as well try to make one to remind them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mlopez14 said:

What would it take to start a petition, I am not even sure of what they are doing at that point but we might as well try to make one to remind them.

If there's going to be a petition it should be for them to fix everything thing. It's bad enough that nothing gets done without them being distracted with adding more new crap to a broken game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Console need to get everything that pc has even if the modder have to rewrite the code for the mods that they have on pc looking at alot of people that play on pc has all kinds on nice mods and console get nothing it's sad that console always come last when it comes to ark they need to make console come first sometimes but that's just how I feel on the subject 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LARSONKEYES101 said:

Console need to get everything that pc has

Consoles have everything that pc has on official.

 

5 hours ago, LARSONKEYES101 said:

they need to make console come first sometimes

That will not happen, the game code is written for pc and play tested by the pc community before it is released on consoles. The reasoning for this is that the pc community will put in more collective hours of gameplay than WC's smaller QA team, this will and does result in more bugs and glitches being identified and fixed before the game is ported over to console.

It still sucks that when new content comes out we console players have to wait a few weeks to get it but if it means we get a version of it with less problems then so be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...