Rollback on prime time ?

Guest vassiliOFP85

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vassiliOFP85

OK i'm out, i'll just let babies die this time, need some sleep !!! This is unacceptable coming from a company. WE ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS, PLEASE COMMUNICATE WITH US BEFORE DOING THINGS THAT AFFECT US !!!!!! THANKS !

Guest vassiliOFP85

And i'll just add that WE DESERVE a compensation, bring on x2 until Valentine's ! Or add breeding !! So we can catch up on what we missed !!

Can someone at WC please tell your entire customers what the hell is going on?

You drop your major update right in the busiest time of the week AGAIN.

2 hours later, you take down the ENTIRE network WITHOUT WARNING to update to 278.1, and you do a massive rollback.

So we all start repeating all the work we'd done during the previous 2 hours. All over again. What fun.

Then, you take down the entire network AGAIN, and roll back to the beginning AGAIN!!! So all the work we'd done to replace what was erased by the first rollback is also erased.

This is beyond belief, even for you guys.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING???

Guest vassiliOFP85

Exactly my thoughts................ And we should be happy ! It's our fault, we shouldn't have played in the first place !!!! They warned us !! lol

1 hour ago, GP said:

No idea why people always ask for compensation.

Really, that crap coming from a moderator?!? Apparently you don't realize that there are a lot of players that DO plans ahead egg hatching and mating so the game doesn't mess with our personal IRL schedule, and vice versa, and then just out of nowhere, devs come up with a major update, again, DURING PRIME TIME (in case you missed that), and do roll backs, and stupid micro updates, and at this point, 2 rollbacks worth 1 1/2 hours each of them, at this point, i'm 3 hours behind in my imprints, just lost a giga this morning due to the 800Mb update this morning, now, a 2.4Gb for the TLC, and then a rollback, then a 200Mb and a new rollback, Do you even realize the span of time we're talking about here? and i'm just raising 2 freaking Baryonix, I can't imagine to all this how is the people rising Gigas, Quetzs, and mossas feeling with this 3 HR DELAYS / OUT OF SCHEDULE.

Please, think twice before talking/writing stuff like that. 

3 minutes ago, EnriqueA said:

Really, that crap coming from a moderator?!? Apparently you don't realize that there are a lot of players that DO plans ahead egg hatching and mating so the game doesn't mess with our personal IRL schedule, and vice versa, and then just out of nowhere, devs come up with a major update, again, DURING PRIME TIME (in case you missed that), and do roll backs, and stupid micro updates, and at this point, 2 rollbacks worth 1 1/2 hours each of them, at this point, i'm 3 hours behind in my imprints, just lost a giga this morning due to the 800Mb update this morning, now, a 2.4Gb for the TLC, and then a rollback, then a 200Mb and a new rollback, Do you even realize the span of time we're talking about here? and i'm just raising 2 freaking Baryonix, I can't imagine to all this how is the people rising Gigas, Quetzs, and mossas feeling with this 3 HR DELAYS / OUT OF SCHEDULE.

Yep, imagine how traders feel that are catching up on trades transferring their best freaking dino's over from a capped server so they can breed... Yeah those are gone, and guess what I was raising giga's too :D fun times Ark bye bye Giga's. Tribemate just came online out of his routine for the 3rd time to imprint the same damn Quetzals, nothing but fun here. Even more fun I transferred one of my characters with Tek engrams also gone :D And ofcourse as always excellent support "If your character was removed or deleted due to an in-game issue, please submit a ticket so we can gather more information." And of course you won't get it back thats just outrageous, why would you get back what you worked for? 

My best advice to all of you playing official atm: Close ark, close this forum and shut down your pc/xbox/ps4, it's not worth it. Just read this below and keep cool before you get banned for speaking the truth

The devs still to this day refuse to even acknowledge that their game has problems which leaves very little hope for the people on Official Servers. If you say the game is too grindy, the devs will laugh at you and tell you you're wrong. If you want to re spec your stats more than once at max level, the devs will tell you to buy the game again and level an entirely new character on a entirely different copy of the game (and in fact, TheRightHand (one of the lead developers) did say this and received quite a bit of backlash for it). They do nothing but deflect criticism and dodge the issues.

This was 2016, still nothing has changed since than:

So what happened after that? Well, it's hard to say why, but at the start of 2016, the Developers attitude changed for the worst. Updates drew to a month or more a part, often days or even weeks late, and nearly always with the "meat" of that update missing. It was disappointing, but, issues only got worse. Communication stopped almost completely, community interactions stopped at best and at worst became negative. A number of times, a lead member of the development staff posted on reddit calling people liars, and being a complete jerk off. As time went on, things got worse and worse, the customer support got worse, major problems with the game were outright ignored, and in fact intentionally made even worse, the developers began to lie to the community, and they even released DLC while still in EA. 

Anyways damage is already done and I'm not going to sit around and wait for the next 5h to see more rollbacks and waste my time. If you're smart you'll do the same. Good Night all

Just now, TheConstructor said:

snap! how that happened?

If you transfer dino's or character (in this case from the capped island to scorched earth) and a rollback happens than to a point before you downloaded them than they are neither in your base where you placed them and neither uploaded in the obelisk to prevent dupers of taking advantage of that. All I can say is good job Wild Card as always (not the first time going through this and you'll always get the same sorry excuse from the GM "We can't trace their stats so bad luck we're not going to do anything about our fault which has put you at a huge disadvantage, now go play outside and stop bothering us this topic is closed"

19 minutes ago, EnriqueA said:

A big part of what the mods do is lightly and legally troll the forums.  Occasionally they offer helpful advice too.

Second rollback!!  So good...  I hope it worked for some people.

5 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

If you transfer dino's or character (in this case from the capped island to scorched earth) and a rollback happens than to a point before you downloaded them than they are neither in your base where you placed them and neither uploaded in the obelisk to prevent dupers of taking advantage of that. All I can say is good job Wild Card as always (not the first time going through this and you'll always get the same sorry excuse from the GM "We can't trace their stats so bad luck we're not going to do anything about our fault which has put you at a huge disadvantage, now go play outside and stop bothering us this topic is closed"

well its maybe just me but I wouldnt do any migrations when I knew that servers/game is not stabile. and I know people duped stuff in 1st rollback and I know people lost chars .. strange world this ark.. errors on every corner.

8 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

Yep, imagine how traders feel that are catching up on trades transferring their best freaking dino's over from a capped server so they can breed... Yeah those are gone, and guess what I was raising giga's too :D fun times Ark bye bye Giga's. Tribemate just came online out of his routine for the 3rd time to imprint the same damn Quetzals, nothing but fun here. Even more fun I transferred one of my characters with Tek engrams also gone :D And ofcourse as always excellent support "If your character was removed or deleted due to an in-game issue, please submit a ticket so we can gather more information." And of course you won't get it back thats just outrageous, why would you get back what you worked for? 

My best advice to all of you playing official atm: Close ark, close this forum and shut down your pc/xbox/ps4, it's not worth it. Just read this below and keep cool before you get banned for speaking the truth

The devs still to this day refuse to even acknowledge that their game has problems which leaves very little hope for the people on Official Servers. If you say the game is too grindy, the devs will laugh at you and tell you you're wrong. If you want to re spec your stats more than once at max level, the devs will tell you to buy the game again and level an entirely new character on a entirely different copy of the game (and in fact, TheRightHand (one of the lead developers) did say this and received quite a bit of backlash for it). They do nothing but deflect criticism and dodge the issues.

This was 2016, still nothing has changed since than:

So what happened after that? Well, it's hard to say why, but at the start of 2016, the Developers attitude changed for the worst. Updates drew to a month or more a part, often days or even weeks late, and nearly always with the "meat" of that update missing. It was disappointing, but, issues only got worse. Communication stopped almost completely, community interactions stopped at best and at worst became negative. A number of times, a lead member of the development staff posted on reddit calling people liars, and being a complete jerk off. As time went on, things got worse and worse, the customer support got worse, major problems with the game were outright ignored, and in fact intentionally made even worse, the developers began to lie to the community, and they even released DLC while still in EA. 

Anyways damage is already done and I'm not going to sit around and wait for the next 5h to see more rollbacks and waste my time. If you're smart you'll do the same. Good Night all

Actually I ain't doing anything else during this weekend / event, just gonna try to keep alive those 2 barys, for which I replenished my refris with enough fish, afar from that, this is gonna be a "play something else" weekend. Maybe another survival game with a little more... let's not say stability, but a more responsible and down to logic devs. xD

:D and yes, i'm planning on getting my own server.

3 minutes ago, TheConstructor said:

well its maybe just me but I wouldnt do any migrations when I knew that servers/game is not stabile. and I know people duped stuff in 1st rollback and I know people lost chars .. strange world this ark.. errors on every corner.

Neither do I but this was a trade I was putting off and I promised them today so I told him after the update not expecting the devs to f it up this bad. @Jatheish Do a brainscan my friend, I'm honestly worried about your mental state and mental health

32,523ARK SERVERS

Look at number. Thats the number of ark servers run by 99% amateurs who are probably running the server for the first time without an IT background. Yet they do a better job than the whole current dev team of Wild Card. I would honestly be so freaking ashamed to be part of such a dev group.

1 minute ago, ZeroSeconds said:

32,523ARK SERVERS

Look at number. Thats the number of ark servers run by 99% amateurs who are probably running the server for the first time without an IT background. Yet they do a better job than the whole current dev team of Wild Card. I would honestly be so freaking ashamed to be part of such a dev group.

To wildcard's credit, running all the servers on the official network is a bit tougher than running a clustered group of 5 servers.  It's a much bigger challenge, but still.  Don't sell tickets if the performance is beyond your ability.

7 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

32,523ARK SERVERS

Most unofficial servers (for any game really) know to wait for a while after a patch drops before they update... to allow time for thousands of players to pound on it for a while and discover any issues that crept in, and to give the developer time to make the necessary corrections.

That's one of the huge advantages a private server has over an official one.

3 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

To wildcard's credit, running all the servers on the official network is a bit tougher than running a clustered group of 5 servers.  It's a much bigger challenge, but still.  Don't sell tickets if the performance is beyond your ability.

To wildcard's credit? I do not understand what that is. Credit belongs to the original dev team before 2016, before business china came in the picture. Now its just a troll nothing more

Archived