Rollback on prime time ?

Guest vassiliOFP85

Guest vassiliOFP85

Survivors, we're currently looking into an issue with the Gigantopithecus (Bigfoot) where its level has been reset to 1. We'll be deploying a fix for it soon, though it will require a rollback on Officials & Unofficials. Will let you know when the build is live.

Evening,

So when you have a big patch like this go live on a satursday prime time (for EU players...), while most of your working playerbase has some free time to play, are you surprised to have us unhappy when something goes wrong ? Rollback is okay if necessary but PLEASE, PLEASE, major versions -> weekdays..............

Now I couldn't end this post without a polite wish : Would there be any way that we could have a compensation of some sort, like X3 instead of X2 or breeding added until monday ? I think that would be appropriate (yes, i know, we deserve nothing etc.... but still time lost by rollback........... couldve been avoided)

Thanks !

PS : When will I get out of this "early bird" group that locks me out of posting after a couple answers? tyvm

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vassiliOFP85
7 minutes ago, GP said:

No idea why people always ask for compensation.

Because doing things ingame when you know everything will be erased 1 hour after is no fun ? Because there's no communication at all about it, apart from on Twitter ? Because it doesnt cost them anything to do it anyway, and it makes us happy ? Shall i continue? just my point of view tho. Tough I don't think i'm alone thinking that. On my server, NOBODY is aware a rollback is coming. That is not normal.

Guest vassiliOFP85
3 minutes ago, Schelmixi said:

I would be happy too if patches won't come on weekend. Me and my mate are working during the week and don't have much time for playing. Then its weekend, 2x event and boom, patch.

Thanks for showing your voice. It's exactly my case also. Gets.... Tiring after a couple patches.

2 minutes ago, vassiliOFP85 said:

Thanks for showing your voice. It's exactly my case also. Gets.... Tiring after a couple patches.

Personally i would prefer one day in the week as patch day. Everyday there could be a surprise patch and its getting a bit annoying over the time. You never know if you can farm/tame/breed without getting interrupted from a patch.

2 minutes ago, Schelmixi said:

Personally i would prefer one day in the week as patch day. Everyday there could be a surprise patch and its getting a bit annoying over the time. You never know if you can farm/tame/breed without getting interrupted from a patch.

wildcard obviously thinks they are still in early access and can released untested patches whereever and whenever...

3 minutes ago, Gluupor said:

wildcard obviously thinks they are still in early access and can released untested patches whereever and whenever...

Looks like.

Also. When this rollback is gonna come? Im also in EU. Past midnight here. I dont want to wait all ********* night so our babys wont die when they "fix" this with another "fix". 

Just now, Razen said:

True. They should set any big patch on week days. People want to enjoy the event /weekend and they screw it with fixes cause they cant test the patches before releasing them? Any big patch should be released on week days...

Yep. This patch was just another proof that WC doesn't test out their own patches. Otherwise they would have seen what happened with the giga apes.

Just now, TheConstructor said:

Man I dont know why they even keep servers up if they announced major rollback. Should just send msg in servers and took down servers. GG! Now I can wait all night (Im from EU) when they do rollback and I can go back in game to see if our babys are alive.

Yeah not to mention all the people transferring servers thinking everything is fine. They will lose their chars soon

8 minutes ago, Demerus said:

nobody on my server knows about the impending rollback.

Please send out a timed global server wide message to inform people their progress will not be saved since the update dropped...

Man I dont know why they even keep servers up if they announced major rollback. Should just send msg in servers and took down servers. GG! Now I can wait all night (Im from EU) when they do rollback and I can go back in game to see if our babys are alive.

Guest vassiliOFP85
2 minutes ago, Gluupor said:

nice just take down the server without any ingame notice ... way to raptor people up...

This was borderline while on early access - but just unacceptable for a game released 6 months ago..................................................... Some communication, please !

yeah my son and I just lost an hours worth of work and we don't get to play often. :(  Not to mention there was no announcement in game.

Lost dinos once that way. Logged in and fed them because they were near starving. Logged back in a couple of days later to find there had been a rollback just afterwards and some of my dinos (including a giga) was dead. I play on HC so that sucked a lot.

Archived