Patch 278: TLC Pass 1, Valentine's Day, TLC Phase 2 Preview, Great Migration #2, & Community Crunch 118!

Jen

Great TLC update guys. Looks amazing!! Your putting in alot of effort to do this and we all appreciate it.

If there is a possibility that the Raptor is able to get a tlc update I would be absolutely amazed.The Raptor have been my favourite Dino from the start when I started playing ark and to see other dino's evolve like this is mind blowing

You guys are amazing. Keep up the good work!!! 

:Jerblove:

Edited by ArkRaptorBuilder
  • Like 1

On 13/02/2018 at 10:36 AM, ZeroSeconds said:

@Jatheish

Can you give us an update on the upcoming updates and the planning (eta) on them? For example the kibble rework, the SE rework (does this include that the tek generator will work properly to be able to use cloning chamber on SE) The SE storyline update, the fix on capped servers etc. etc. (no is also an awnser :P

Seems this post was mostly ignored, what's happening regarding Tame Caps? or do we just have to suck it and wait for "The Big Migration #2" ? would love to be playing ARK, but the inability to tame on EU PVE TI servers is a royal pain and prevents fully enjoying the game, might as well play the "no tame" version of ARK

1 hour ago, IceBabe said:

Someone knows when the PC legacy server (which will be wiped in march) will be saved for the backups?

PS. I see so many new players on our server - can't believe it is a low population server with 0-1 :-(

Jen wrote: ' We will make the save files available as soon as we can, which will likely be sometime around February 19th at the earliest '

Don't think all of the to be wiped servers have 0-1 population either. most of them (pve) had significantly more.

They call it The 2nd Big Migration, i call it: Another kick in the nuts of their playerbase, who supported them thru the EA phase.

I love the new updates!  You guys are amazing!  I took full advantage of the Valentine's event to enjoy the cute new looks on some of the babies.  Thank you so much for that update!

But now I'm starting to panic again...something I stopped doing when I read that I could download the file save of my soon-to-be extinct legacy server....the only save file I have found for my legacy server is from November 10th!  Does this mean that everything I have done since Halloween is gone?  What about the Christmas and Valentine's dinos I tamed?  All my new babies?  My legacy server is NA-PVE-OfficialPrimitivePlus15.

If I move my dinos to another server that you eventually decide to erase, does this mean I wouldn't have a save file for them since I would be brand to the server?

Please help!

On 2/10/2018 at 9:42 PM, HayPrime said:

Would it be possible to change keybindings for force feeding and things like the TEK helmet? I changed my 'E' key to be right click, so these functions do not work unless I temporarily change the keybinding back, which makes playing the game awkward because of the different keys. Thanks!

+1

I don't know how I didn't see the Sarco on my first pass through...but it looks amazing. I'm a little irked by the Death Roll, as this was debated several times by the community...and I am on the side of the Sarco NOT being able to do it...BUT I'm happy for the other changes, and I will continue to support these updates.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, Porgbraham said:

Hey there,

Has anyone heard anything about the server backups that they are doing? It still says Nov 10th on the backup page and was just wondering if anyone has said when they are updating it?

Thanks

Jen wrote that they would add a link in the Great Migration #2 when they would be available....also said February 19th at the earliest.  Best guess is to keep checking back every day :/

I thought there was meant be be an option to save the data for ur legacy server onto your  hardrive for personal use, but with only a few hours before you wipe them there has been no update on how to do this ? ? I'm on xbox and invested so much time into my server, can anyone clarify if we can save data or was this just something wildcard never got round to doing lol ? 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Scottishman said:

I thought there was meant be be an option to save the data for ur legacy server onto your  hardrive for personal use, but with only a few hours before you wipe them there has been no update on how to do this ? ? I'm on xbox and invested so much time into my server, can anyone clarify if we can save data or was this just something wildcard never got round to doing lol ? 

The backups will be available after the servers have been closed on 9th March. The backups were made on 10th Feb I believe so that is the most recent you'll get. But they won't be available before 9th March.

4 hours ago, GP said:

The backups will be available after the servers have been closed on 9th March. The backups were made on 10th Feb I believe so that is the most recent you'll get. But they won't be available before 9th March.

Backups from 10th Februar??? That's a hole month between backup and wipe! That is indiscutable and inacceptable. Why don't u publish the backup files like the last 2 times, backup from 1 day before publish?

Don't know if u can imagine that there are survivors who moved their dinos to a server, that will be wiped, to get the savefiles from all of their dinos to start with em on a private server/cluster.

Hello with the migration will this be put on a separate official cluster? It would be real not cool starting out fresh to get Unicorned by bred dinos on day two because a mega tribe wants to move there. Maybe make some 3 month apocalypse servers I think this would be a huge hit! Keep up the good work and hopefully I will be able to play and build up fresh again. 

I was on our server every few days but somehow missed any messages about deleting our server.  Is there anyway to get save files and restore all our hard work onto another server now?  I believe our server was pve-officialserver326  Why were there not emails or other messages sent out before they were shut down and if there were how do i start getting them?

On 3/10/2018 at 12:38 PM, PyroStimey said:

I was on our server every few days but somehow missed any messages about deleting our server.  Is there anyway to get save files and restore all our hard work onto another server now?  I believe our server was pve-officialserver326  Why were there not emails or other messages sent out before they were shut down and if there were how do i start getting them?

SAME. I'm here every day and this is the first I've heard of it, not being one to be on the chat boards and social media stuff of a game. My time goes into playing the game. And the best bit? Can't even see the damn list of servers that are to be canned...

21 hours ago, Meeleebeegee said:

SAME. I'm here every day and this is the first I've heard of it, not being one to be on the chat boards and social media stuff of a game. My time goes into playing the game. And the best bit? Can't even see the damn list of servers that are to be canned...

Well our server got canned without any warning that anyone of the three of us in the tribe received.  If we can't get all the work we put into this game back because of their lack of consideration of the players I will not be back in this game for years.  There are a lot of really good games out there where a years worth of hard work don't get wiped out without notice and I am not willing to start over just so it can get wiped again and again.  They got my email when i registered the game and i am on Steam all the time but not one single notice.  I guess if you don't read every single Arc news  article you don't find these things out.

I'm not even sure how to contact them to find how and were the server save files are located which they mentioned in the same article that listed all the servers being killed.  

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, PyroStimey said:

Well our server got canned without any warning that anyone of the three of us in the tribe received.  If we can't get all the work we put into this game back because of their lack of consideration of the players I will not be back in this game for years.  There are a lot of really good games out there where a years worth of hard work don't get wiped out without notice and I am not willing to start over just so it can get wiped again and again.  They got my email when i registered the game and i am on Steam all the time but not one single notice.  I guess if you don't read every single Arc news  article you don't find these things out.

I'm not even sure how to contact them to find how and were the server save files are located which they mentioned in the same article that listed all the servers being killed.  

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/deprecated-official-pc-server-backups/

The recent backups are at the bottom of that list, scroll down until you reach the 2018 ones.