Patch 278: TLC Pass 1, Valentine's Day, TLC Phase 2 Preview, Great Migration #2, & Community Crunch 118!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, PyroStimey said:

How do i use the zip file and what will it restore?  Thanks for the link they sure don't make this too easy.

You unzip the zip file to extract the files. Then you place the save files in the relevant savedarks folder of the server you are using it on. I'm not entirely sure myself of what files are contained in the zips though.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:00 AM, GP said:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/deprecated-official-pc-server-backups/

The recent backups are at the bottom of that list, scroll down until you reach the 2018 ones.

I got the zip file from that list which contains probably over a hundred files when unpacked.  how do I know which files are from our tribe and how do i install them on a different server?  Just looked and the file came with over 36000 files, yes thousand.  they are numbered but not sure what number refers to my character or if that is how it works.

Edited by PyroStimey
found more info

6 hours ago, PyroStimey said:

I got the zip file from that list which contains probably over a hundred files when unpacked.  how do I know which files are from our tribe and how do i install them on a different server?  Just looked and the file came with over 36000 files, yes thousand.  they are numbered but not sure what number refers to my character or if that is how it works.

Firstly: "tribebak" and "profilebak" filles are not needed unless the associated "arktribe" or "arkprofile" becomes corrupt.  So that will significantly reduce your file count.

Secondly: Look at your numerical steam id (a long number) - and your friends ids.  There will be a "arkprofile" for each of these ids - you need to keep these files, but you don't need the others.

Thirdly: "arktribe" files are a bit more tricky because tribes are allocated a semi-random number which is used as part of the filename.  If you and your friends can work out what your tribe id then you could delete the others.

Fourthly: Maybe you shouldn't worry about the number of files.  Unpack them to a directory and startup a server.  Let Ark "worry" about them.  There are a few online guides to starting up a server - and the process depends on the operating system and version of Ark you're using.  Google is your friend here.

Well me and my whole clan are going to move on to other games after losing everything without any warning when they took down our server and obviously no one really cares if they lose players as i have sent in several requests for help starting the day after the migration but no reply or help.  They claim the files are backed up but when i download them i get over 36,000 files with numbers for file names and I have no idea what my number would be or how i can move them to another official server unless it is my server.  What a load of crap and I really liked this game but if a years worth of work doesn't even warrant an email or something before it goes by bye then my time and money will go.  Thanks for nothing!

Edited by PyroStimey

9 hours ago, PyroStimey said:

Well me and my whole clan are going to move on to other games after losing everything without any warning when they took down our server and obviously no one really cares if they lose players as i have sent in several requests for help starting the day after the migration but no reply or help.  They claim the files are backed up but when i download them i get over 36,000 files with numbers for file names and I have no idea what my number would be or how i can move them to another official server unless it is my server.  What a load of crap and I really liked this game but if a years worth of work doesn't even warrant an email or something before it goes by bye then my time and money will go.  Thanks for nothing!

You can find your number from https://steamidfinder.com/  Copy the http link from your steam profile, and this will give you your 64bit steam ID.

The files you have downloaded should work if you setup a server of your own. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup

I seriously doubt WC will set these up on an official server.  TBH, I'm surprised they've even been made available.