Patch 278: TLC Pass 1, Valentine's Day, TLC Phase 2 Preview, Great Migration #2, & Community Crunch 118!

Jen

Sorry for bringing this up. But when are you going to add a kill barrier under the map or something? This undermapping is getting annoying and is not fair at all, people are getting wiped because they can't defend themselves. If we place turrets under the map to keep them out we get dev wiped. What the **** Are we supposed to do...

Cool stuff WC, keep'em coming. Can you guys consider adding the following: Sorry if some of these are already added, I haven't played in months, mainly because I'm waiting for these.   : )

1. Dedi Server option to have Fog always on, with an intensity slider. I like 24hour fog, looks cool and improves frame rate a lot. And reduces the nasty sun glare that comes in through tree canopies.

2. Dinos on wandering only wander in a small, medium, large radius from where they were set to wander. 

3. Option to turn off the glowing fairy dust effect on tamed pack Alphas, like wolfs.

4. Dedi Server option to allow speed increase fro flyers. Or to increase the cap a little. I mean it's my own personal dedi server and I want my fast Argy back!  : (

5. Can you please, for the love of ARK please add armor/weapon stands/mannequins to display our armor. Please. This game really really needs this... I really need this!

Thanks. 

The TLC re-models are looking very good in the main, glad to see things like the Sarco get some care because some of the earlier dino's are definitely looking a little left behind by some of the more recent introductions.

Not sure about the rex-roar pooping thing mind, 'toilet humour' is scraping the barrel a bit.

OMG Wildcard, why do you delete the legacy servers? Now there are 3 servers I play on - one SE at the first migration, and now two (Center + Island).. It is not funny to transfer all the things and dinos to others server. You should think about to remove the timers to transfer the things on the legacy-servers (which will be shut down) till 9 march. This would be very nice and a little help for the ppl who will still play on legacy.

Hey WC, this looks awesome! So Coo- oh wait, right, Linux has been rolled back to 277 for over 12 hours now and all I've got for this update is a bunch of pretty pictures and me holding a bag.

You're not done with the update yet. Its not finished. This rush to push out features doesn't sell more copies when the updates ruin the nights or weekends of the player-base with lost characters, knee-jerk rollbacks, and tribemates unable to even log in because they thought "Linux support" meant, ya know, Linux support.

You're not saving money by skipping a thorough QA process that addresses a complete battery of use cases. You're hurting the perception of your own game. I am pretty sure everyone could go another week with old dire wolf skins if it meant the kinks were already worked out and updates didn't come with an extra serving of stress.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

8 hours ago, JediTrooper said:

Cool stuff WC, keep'em coming. Can you guys consider adding the following: Sorry if some of these are already added, I haven't played in months, mainly because I'm waiting for these.   : )

1. Dedi Server option to have Fog always on, with an intensity slider. I like 24hour fog, looks cool and improves frame rate a lot. And reduces the nasty sun glare that comes in through tree canopies.

2. Dinos on wandering only wander in a small, medium, large radius from where they were set to wander. 

3. Option to turn off the glowing fairy dust effect on tamed pack Alphas, like wolfs.

4. Dedi Server option to allow speed increase fro flyers. Or to increase the cap a little. I mean it's my own personal dedi server and I want my fast Argy back!  : (

5. Can you please, for the love of ARK please add armor/weapon stands/mannequins to display our armor. Please. This game really really needs this... I really need this!

Thanks. 

Other than Fog always on, you get my vote.

I’m really loving the new looks for the creatures you’ve shown, but about some improvements to the Parasaurolophus? For one thing, give it a warning call to alert allies to enemy tribes or dinos. For another thing, add a Parasaur skull as a new item. With the skull’s air passages, it can be fashioned into a horn that can be blown into in case players don’t want to tame a Parasaur. Scientists even managed to figure out how Parasaurs sounded by blowing air through a 3D-printed copy of a Parasaur skull. 

E0BF4A67-2CAA-415F-A7DB-D3AE22EFADA9.jpeg

@Jatheish Hey Jat. I hate to tag you because I know you're busy but I wanted to let you know that Region 3 on the Rex is gone. It is no longer colourable like it used to be. All our colour mutes are gone because of this. Would it be possible for you to look into it if you guys aren't already?

Here's a before and after. Please pardon the crappy quality of first image as it's the only picture I had of this Rex before the TLC.

But as you can see, my Rexs Region 3 was colour 5 (cyan) and has now been turned to grey. 

DVupX3fUQAAEjuY.jpg:large

God. I love everything you guys have done so far TLC wise. I mean really you guys should be proud some creatures (like the wolf) look to good to even belong in the game! But in addition to your mentioned upcoming list of Spino, Argie, Sarco, Plesi, Raptor, and Megaloceros, please consider some TLC for  the Mammoth, Megalodon, Quetzal and Mosa too. That's my only request :) great work WC.

Edited by KraziestKraken