Reccomended Settings

DrChicken24

Guest DJRone89
28 minutes ago, DrChicken24 said:

Hello!

I am starting to do singleplayer, and I would like to know the recommended settings to make it much easier since I am alone, but also not too easy.

Have anyone suggestions?

Enable singleplayer settings and go from there. Over time you may decide to tweak settings for yourself and maybe disable SP settings altogether.

My private cluster is strictly for friends (and friends of friends) so the servers are set up mostly for solo play. I see it as singleplayer mode that everyone can jump onto when they want and not worry about decay timers and such.

The main settings I have boosted are taming and breeding. Most tames can be achieved in less than an hour unless it’s high level herbivores that will still require kibble. Breeding is very high so that you can jump on one evening and get a few done or wait until the weekend so you can breed the larger dinos with less time constraints.

Decide what you want to achieve from your play through, and base your settings on that.

29 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Enable singleplayer settings and go from there. Over time you may decide to tweak settings for yourself and maybe disable SP settings altogether.

My private cluster is strictly for friends (and friends of friends) so the servers are set up mostly for solo play. I see it as singleplayer mode that everyone can jump onto when they want and not worry about decay timers and such.

The main settings I have boosted are taming and breeding. Most tames can be achieved in less than an hour unless it’s high level herbivores that will still require kibble. Breeding is very high so that you can jump on one evening and get a few done or wait until the weekend so you can breed the larger dinos with less time constraints.

Decide what you want to achieve from your play through, and base your settings on that.

Ok, thanks. :) 

I have been playing on single player for a while I am not certain yet how fast I want breeding to go but everything is set to standard with 5x taming and single player setting checked. I upped the difficulty to .6 and have max level dinos selected. I think I am going to take the general difficulty slider to 1 though. I like a difficulty many may not though. Best advice is to keep adjusting until you find what you like. 

If you make it too easy you'll get bored much faster than you think. So be careful with admin commands and making everything you have too strong. It's only cool for about 30 minutes after that it really isn't anymore. When things gather too much too fast it also degrades the game, not as quickly as making things too strong but it really does take away from the game after a while, more for me anyways. Took like 6 mo of playing single player and I am having more fun with settings closer to official than I ever did before. If things tame too fast then you don't have to prep so much which again will take away from game quality after a while. So if you don't want to ruin it for yourself be mindful of the settings. Again I am having more fun now then I did before but I do like a survivor game to be that more surviving and less of just a sandbox where I do whatever with no challenge so that is my opinion. And lastly if you level too quick to can end up skipping a lot of stuff and so for me anything too fast really degrades the overall experience.

1 hour ago, SirPeter said:

I have been playing on single player for a while I am not certain yet how fast I want breeding to go but everything is set to standard with 5x taming and single player setting checked. I upped the difficulty to .6 and have max level dinos selected. I think I am going to take the general difficulty slider to 1 though. I like a difficulty many may not though. Best advice is to keep adjusting until you find what you like. 

If you make it too easy you'll get bored much faster than you think. So be careful with admin commands and making everything you have too strong. It's only cool for about 30 minutes after that it really isn't anymore. When things gather too much too fast it also degrades the game, not as quickly as making things too strong but it really does take away from the game after a while, more for me anyways. Took like 6 mo of playing single player and I am having more fun with settings closer to official than I ever did before. If things tame too fast then you don't have to prep so much which again will take away from game quality after a while. So if you don't want to ruin it for yourself be mindful of the settings. Again I am having more fun now then I did before but I do like a survivor game to be that more surviving and less of just a sandbox where I do whatever with no challenge so that is my opinion. And lastly if you level too quick to can end up skipping a lot of stuff and so for me anything too fast really degrades the overall experience.

Ok, thanks. Are you playing on the computer? I can only set something to 3 because that's max. Take taming, for example, the max is 3.

8 minutes ago, DrChicken24 said:

Ok, thanks. Are you playing on the computer? I can only set something to 3 because that's max. Take taming, for example, the max is 3.

You using the sliders? Just click on the numbers and change them. 

By the way, resistance multiplier works this way: higher it is, the more damage you take. So if you want to get hurt less, go below 1, if you want wild Dino to get hurt more, go above 1.

And upping damage multiplier too much might make it kill yourself every time you throw a punch from self damage... 

42 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

You using the sliders? Just click on the numbers and change them. 

By the way, resistance multiplier works this way: higher it is, the more damage you take. So if you want to get hurt less, go below 1, if you want wild Dino to get hurt more, go above 1.

And upping damage multiplier too much might make it kill yourself every time you throw a punch from self damage... 

Ok. 

I somehow messed something up... On my ptero I tamed, whenever I level up health, it goes up 6k! How do I make it lower?

1 hour ago, DrChicken24 said:

I play on PS4 and for many the slider will only go so far but you can still type in a number manually. 

59 minutes ago, DrChicken24 said:

Ok. 

I somehow messed something up... On my ptero I tamed, whenever I level up health, it goes up 6k! How do I make it lower?

You can adjust settings on server as you need and if your pteranodon has 6k hp now lowering the corresponding setting will update the stats immediately. So no worries. Best to make small changes and few changes at a time to help isolate the settings as you want. Me personally I have found keeping them as close to official as possible have been enjoyable. Speeding up taming and breeding all I care about. Now I just want to be able to adjust flyer speed and game would be great!

28 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

I play on PS4 and for many the slider will only go so far but you can still type in a number manually. 

You can adjust settings on server as you need and if your pteranodon has 6k hp now lowering the corresponding setting will update the stats immediately. So no worries. Best to make small changes and few changes at a time to help isolate the settings as you want. Me personally I have found keeping them as close to official as possible have been enjoyable. Speeding up taming and breeding all I care about. Now I just want to be able to adjust flyer speed and game would be great!

Ok. I want to make it so when I level something up, it doesn't go up 2k every level. How do I do that?

Guest DJRone89

As this thread has progressed, which settings are you looking to tweak? Even if you don’t know the specifics, I’m likely to know by you describing them.

26 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

As this thread has progressed, which settings are you looking to tweak? Even if you don’t know the specifics, I’m likely to know by you describing them.

I've been tweaking the stats per level on dinos mostly because I accidentally made it so they gain 6k per level.

I think I have mostly everything else good so far, but I will post if I need some help! :D 

Guest DJRone89
15 minutes ago, DrChicken24 said:

I've been tweaking the stats per level on dinos mostly because I accidentally made it so they gain 6k per level.

I think I have mostly everything else good so far, but I will post if I need some help! :D 

Each to their own, but I’d be careful when altering tamed dino stats as you can throw off the balance in the wild because everything is relative. Health and melee should ideally be left alone. This is just so you don’t make the game too easy, as playing solo may lead to boredom at a faster rate if you don’t challenge yourself.

To get past the resource re-spawning problem bring your resource respawn interval down to 0.1 , I don't see it mentioned. Also , things like mating interval , incubation rate and baby mature rate you might also want to tweak to best suit you. Just remember that if you increase baby mature rate you need to decrease imprinting interval to compensate otherwise your baby will be fully gown before you could get 100% imprint.
Another thing I also tweak is the taming speed. I never see the point of staring at a past out dino for hours long so I always makes it much quicker. All of these you should tweak to your liking. Play with the numbers until you are happy.

Just as an idea, going from memory I have(without single player ticked) got xp and harvest at x3, taming x15, maturation ×100, incubation x50, mating interval and cuddle inveral as low as it goes something like 0.001 and imprint quality (or what ever its called) x3. Aswell as a few other additions. Havent touched any of the tamed and/or wild dino stats stuff. 

Also, if you havent already I highly recommend  ticking the damage indictor number setting or what ever it is called. How I played Ark before without those is beyond me now lol

10 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Just as an idea, going from memory I have(without single player ticked) got xp and harvest at x3, taming x15, maturation ×100, incubation x50, mating interval and cuddle inveral as low as it goes something like 0.001 and imprint quality (or what ever its called) x3. Aswell as a few other additions. Havent touched any of the tamed and/or wild dino stats stuff. 

Also, if you havent already I highly recommend  ticking the damage indictor number setting or what ever it is called. How I played Ark before without those is beyond me now lol

I have the same stats but taming 8x and player weight gain 6x

Archived