wild rock drake respawn

Goodgodmonkey

am om official legacy server.me and a tribe mate went out to get rock drake eggs like before but this time there seem to be double the rock drakes guarding the nest. so we started killing them it seemed like you kill 1 and 4 took its place we took a egg anyway they where on us so fast and trapped us I could not move to save my rock drakes life they came from everywhere. Is the rock drake spawn glitched and just getting back to surface was hell to ever 1 foot we had to fight 3 rock drakes and they had a flying attack to get you off the walls. seemed like every rock drake was level 150 plus and found low level eggs.am far from a noob  and our rock drakes where high level we had 

Rock drakes in my experience have not been that hard to flee from.  In the future make sure when egg searching you have stamina built up when you grab an egg.  Use the targeted launch to get yourself away quickly.  You know when you are sticking to a wall and then the cross hair pops up.  When you are a few jumps away camouflage yourself and the Rock Drakes lose aggro pretty quickly.  Another method would be to have one of you lure them away preemptively while the other grabs the eggs.  You will still get some attention but not as much.  Hope this helps some. 

5 hours ago, Shadowless28 said:

Rock drakes in my experience have not been that hard to flee from.  In the future make sure when egg searching you have stamina built up when you grab an egg.  Use the targeted launch to get yourself away quickly.  You know when you are sticking to a wall and then the cross hair pops up.  When you are a few jumps away camouflage yourself and the Rock Drakes lose aggro pretty quickly.  Another method would be to have one of you lure them away preemptively while the other grabs the eggs.  You will still get some attention but not as much.  Hope this helps some. 

That only works towards other Rock Drakes that aren't aggro'd by you stealing their egg. Drakes affected by this will still chase after you even after you camo'd within a few jumps away, its just they can't be bothered to reach you if you are too far unless you let them tail close to you to no end. However, those drake will hunt you down the next time you come down (doesn't help by the fact if they'll end up biting you once, that'll prevent them from being despawned). Happened to me a few times already.

But other than that yeah, they aren't that hard to flee from, if you know what you are doing.

Archived