Spinosaurus Sail. instinct?

guizinmoraes

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

Why? you only ever need 10 of each... Maybe 20 if you failed once.

You need element to make and run some of the Tek gear. It's much  more efficient to build and maintain Tek with beta boss runs.

If you only ever do the boss once and can't use the engrams you obtained you'd be as well not bothering with the boss really.

1 hour ago, Hemplethwaite said:

You need element to make and run some of the Tek gear. It's much  more efficient to build and maintain Tek with beta boss runs.

If you only ever do the boss once and can't use the engrams you obtained you'd be as well not bothering with the boss really.

Just farm alpha broodmother... I don't know why people think they need to do monkey to get elements... Or Beta if you don't feel confident with Alpha Spider.

All alpha brood summoning are very easy to get, you can do 10 run a day if you somewhat feel like you want to be productive that day. 

You just do alpha monkey once, and you are done with it, same with dragon...

Farming beta monkey, tsk tsk tsk, it made me giggle. 

And alpha brood would only need WILD tamed megatheriums if you don't have time breeding, though you will need some luck, but nothing impossible. And if you breed them, it's even better. You just have to make sure they all get bugg killer buff by killing the small spiders, which is better done by riding as much megas as possible while having 1 yuti roaring...

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

You seem to be missing their point... spinos are so rare, it's hard for a single tribe to get enough sails let alone a server full of tribes looking for them. on top of that spino (re)spawns have been bugged for forever. And megalania aren't much better, you already have to run the caves for the artifacts and then you have to make extra cave runs for megalania toxin. They are also rare, and also have a bug where they will spawn inside the cave walls. People should be able to do whatever boss they want for element if they have the dinos and gear, and not be limited by silly, broken tribute requirements. telling them to run the broodmother 10 times in a day is not helpful...

4 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

Just farm alpha broodmother... I don't know why people think they need to do monkey to get elements... Or Beta if you don't feel confident with Alpha Spider.

All alpha brood summoning are very easy to get, you can do 10 run a day if you somewhat feel like you want to be productive that day. 

And alpha brood would only need WILD tamed megatheriums if you don't have time breeding, though you will need some luck, but nothing impossible. And if you breed them, it's even better. You just have to make sure they all get bugg killer buff by killing the small spiders, which is better done by riding as much megas as possible while having 1 yuti roaring...

ive seen a lot good posts from you about boss fights, so im assuming you are right about farming alpha broodmother instead of beta monkey.

Ive only just started boss fights (solo) got a rex army no megatherium army. The biggest problem is having to heal them between battles. The monkey seemed far easier to me and with better rewards. But this is probably because im using rexes instead of megatheriums.

im gonna have to get a good megatherium saddle bp and breed some of these guys i suppose :)

ontopic: i still feel it should be easier to get spinosaur sails... havent seen a wild spino in ages on island server. Better yet increase their spawning rate.

31 minutes ago, Snuit2000 said:

ive seen a lot good posts from you about boss fights, so im assuming you are right about farming alpha broodmother instead of beta monkey.

Ive only just started boss fights (solo) got a rex army no megatherium army. The biggest problem is having to heal them between battles. The monkey seemed far easier to me and with better rewards. But this is probably because im using rexes instead of megatheriums.

im gonna have to get a good megatherium saddle bp and breed some of these guys i suppose :)

ontopic: i still feel it should be easier to get spinosaur sails... havent seen a wild spino in ages on island server. Better yet increase their spawning rate.

Megatherium needs to be riden to be somewhat effective and much less RNG (because trying to get bug killer buff on everyone is very RNG with unridden Megatheriums).

To heal in between fights I use a high food daeodon, that does not go into fight. And the more ridden rexes there are, the better it will go.

On topic: Well, it depends, some server are just fine, some are so-so. Since I'm not using much tek anyway and I almost never run the monkey unless someone buys it from me, I have a steady stock of sails that I can even afford to sail to other people...

I learned back when Ragnarok came out that Spinosaurs share spawn points with fish, and that's part of what makes them so rare on populated servers. You can't force respawns by killing everything along the river like you normally would, but actually you need to kill everything 'in' the river. Personally, my main tame of choice is the Baryonyx, so there are always Spinos in the area because I'm frequently killing off the local fish population to feed my Baryonyx. Kill more fish and you'll see them respawning a lot more often.

That's not to say other factors don't come into play, for instance, like BigRed said bases block spawns, too, but usually it's the shared spawnpoints that people overlook.

As for Megalania, they're there. They just get stuck into walls. Every now and then you'll see their poop drop from the ceiling, but I once spent an hour scanning the area it came from and haven't found a single one. I have yet to find a Megalania on the wall, and the only time I find them is when entering Lower South (Chitin) Cave when I reach the fork. They're always stuck inside the walls there, too, because I never see them until I'm right under them, but the wall is low enough that they aggro on drop on you. 

5 hours ago, Akherousia said:

I learned back when Ragnarok came out that Spinosaurs share spawn points with fish, and that's part of what makes them so rare on populated servers. You can't force respawns by killing everything along the river like you normally would, but actually you need to kill everything 'in' the river. Personally, my main tame of choice is the Baryonyx, so there are always Spinos in the area because I'm frequently killing off the local fish population to feed my Baryonyx. Kill more fish and you'll see them respawning a lot more often.

That's not to say other factors don't come into play, for instance, like BigRed said bases block spawns, too, but usually it's the shared spawnpoints that people overlook.

As for Megalania, they're there. They just get stuck into walls. Every now and then you'll see their poop drop from the ceiling, but I once spent an hour scanning the area it came from and haven't found a single one. I have yet to find a Megalania on the wall, and the only time I find them is when entering Lower South (Chitin) Cave when I reach the fork. They're always stuck inside the walls there, too, because I never see them until I'm right under them, but the wall is low enough that they aggro on drop on you. 

You can get the megalania out of the cave walls by eating rare flowers to make them aggro on you.

Using these techniques we have enough sails and toxin to run the beta monkey a couple of times every day and can still pass a few sails on to other tribes on the server when they are short.

Don't let people sneering put you off, run the bosses you want

4 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

You can get the megalania out of the cave walls by eating rare flowers to make them aggro on you.

Using these techniques we have enough sails and toxin to run the beta monkey a couple of times every day and can still pass a few sails on to other tribes on the server when they are short.

Don't let people sneering put you off, run the bosses you want

Yeah, I thought about that, too, but I haven't tested it yet. I bring Rare Flowers into the cave and keep an eye out for the poop. If I see one dropped from a level I want, I'll eat the flowers, but so far no luck. I've had one 135 and that was it. Tribemate said he was going to tranq it while I made the kibble and... he killed it. :(

• 2 months later...
On 10.02.2018 at 3:42 AM, Wazzamaniac said:

The devs have stated that they will look into spino spawn rates alongside tlc phase 2 and the spino overhaul.

Necro thread, rise from the dead! *Evil chuckling*
Nothing like increase of spawn rates actually happened, eh? As the issue with the spino sails is somewhat still in the air on the official Island maps.

Btw, megalania toxin is no problem at all. Just go to rag -> tame a fem+male megalania -> transfer them to the island -> wait for the breeding cd -> start breeding -> every newborn megalania provides one toxin -> keep fem megalanias for even more toxin production -> ??? -> PROFIT (BONUS: tame capped server coarse of ur nasty megalania farm)

On 2/9/2018 at 6:41 AM, Paroxyde said:

Alpha Broodmother gives less Element than Alpha Megapithecus does. Alpha Megapithecus is fairly easy with 18 Rexes, 1 Yuty and 1 Daeodon, even with only 2 players, so long as you have the right positioning so the Rexes don't get knocked off the cliff.

As others have said, Spinos share a spawnpoint with Fish and Baryonyx.

Well spinos used to have a lot of spawn points ago...that thing is changed...only on couple of spots u can find them and when u cant...u need to clear the area...kill fish...all small dinos around...then render our and render b in and there is a chance that spino will spawn...in case that there are no buildings around. 

Saddly ppl becamo too greedy and selfish...building on those spots thus blocking the spawns....

on our server we were the first who entered on day1 one...first thing weve done was place a small base and place a pillars on the rivers where spino spawns are...cause we know what will happen sooner or later..

For now..we are being called greedy ppl..who blocked "half a map" but those players do not realize how important spino sails are yet :)

there should be fixed guaranteed spino spawns. Its just super annoying to run around and kill all the fish just to see that only fish respawn so you repeat the process. I did a challenge with a friend: I farm all tribute items for brood, ape and dragon (no sails and giga hearts) faster than my friend farms 10 sails. I won cause no other tribute item requires to clear spawns and hope for the right thing to respawn. I even got 1 giga heart additionally.

Archived